Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
N

No, I did and it seems like a waste. We have players already that could do that.

Why don't you enligthen me on all our natural centers who can play against 1st lines and not b completely over matched. Pleky, we don't know how well he will be able to keep up this year and Danault is a #3. That leaves 1c and 2c open to get filled. My suggestion is to fill 3c with someone like Peca or Hudon (played a lot of his career at center), move Danault up to #2 (even if he is ideally a #3) and bring in someone on the cheap to eat first line minutes without risking development of someone who would easily be exposed against moat 1st lines in the NHL.

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
That may actually be a valid point. For us he would most likely be one of our best natural centers that is in the NHL but for Dallas it's a cap dump.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Why don't you enligthen me on all our natural centers who can play against 1st lines and not b completely over matched. Pleky, we don't know how well he will be able to keep up this year and Danault is a #3. That leaves 1c and 2c open to get filled. My suggestion is to fill 3c with someone like Peca or Hudon (played a lot of his career at center), move Danault up to #2 (even if he is ideally a #3) and bring in someone on the cheap to eat first line minutes without risking development of someone who would easily be exposed against moat 1st lines in the NHL.

Well, we already know that Domi and Danault are likely going to be 1-2 going into the year, so why would we go out and get a guy that has hasn't played a full season in 9 years and might cost us some picks that we want to use in our rebuild. Seems like poor management to me, because when he gets hurt, we'll have to make additional changes. Maybe it happens, who knows, but I just don't see the need for it.

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
Well, we already know that Domi and Danault are likely going to be 1-2 going into the year, so why would we go out and get a guy that has hasn't played a full season in 9 years and might cost us some picks that we want to use in our rebuild. Seems like poor management to me, because when he gets hurt, we'll have to make additional changes. Maybe it happens, who knows, but I just don't see the need for it.

There is discussion earlier on about how Hanzal is probably a cap dump by Dallas...and I also mention that someone like Anisimov would also fit the bill. Domi is a winger...just like Drouin is.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
There is discussion earlier on about how Hanzal is probably a cap dump by Dallas...and I also mention that someone like Anisimov would also fit the bill. Domi is a winger...just like Drouin is.
Maybe, but let's find out. Unless it's a deal that benefits us greatly, why do it.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
conditional 2019/2020 1st for Gallagher? Done!
Just a first a round pick for Gallagher?? Get outta town man. Seriously.
Would take your best prospect and your first and That still won’t get it done
Gallagher is on sweetheart deal and is the Habs best player.

Reactions: Habs Icing

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Just a first a round pick for Gallagher?? Get outta town man. Seriously.
Would take your best prospect and your first and That still won’t get it done
Gallagher is on sweetheart deal and is the Habs best player.
Even Petry is worth more than a conditional 1st from a contender.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
To Dallas
Byron, Benn,

To Mtl
Hanzal, 2019 1st, 2020 2nd
------------------------

To Chicago
Shaw (1M retained), Sherbak, JDR

To Mtl
Anisimov, 2019 1st, 2020 2nd
-----------

Leaves us with 2x 1st in '19/'20, 2x 2nd in '20 & 3x 2nd in '19.

Drouin - Anisimov - Tatar
Domi - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Pleks - Armia
Hudon - Hanzal - Peca

Not a bad group to bring JKO, Poehling & Suzuki up gradually over next 2-3 seasons (replacing Pleks/ Anisimov/ Hanzal)...

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
That may actually be a valid point. For us he would most likely be one of our best natural centers that is in the NHL but for Dallas it's a cap dump.

He'd be, at best, Montreal's 2nd best center. And you's still be better off using a guy like Drouin at center.

Unless Hanzal (or Anisimov) are acquired as cap dumps (that is, Montreal gets good futures as well) and/or they can offload comparably bad contracts (Alzner) , then there should be no interest.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Hawks want to take a Cup run but have a decimated D. Also had interest in Patches, a LW.

Byron and Petry for ?

Hawks have Jokiharju, Beaudin, Boqvist and their 1sts in 2019 and 2020.

Problem in moving Petry is we cant have 0 top 3 D. Just cant.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Maybe you didn't read my post...point of having a veteran center that can eat up minutes against top lines is to allow for insulation and development of said young centers without exposing them. You can't roll all rookies and expect them to develop their best.

We have Plekanec.. which is as good... meaning as bad

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Hawks want to take a Cup run but have a decimated D. Also had interest in Patches, a LW.

Byron and Petry for ?

It won't happen. I'm sure Petry is staying where he is (Enough problem on D as it is) and Byron could be a possibility but i'm pretty sure some other winger will be move in the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: yianik

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Byron and Petry for ?

Wait until Weber gets back, closer to the deadline before trading Petry.

Then in the off season, take a run at Trouba as he’s almost certainly not going to stay in Winnipeg. Helps the tank this year, fills your 3 hole in the offseason and get a 1st+ for Petry to add to the rebuild.

Reactions: yianik

paddy

Aug 2, 2005
i think Byron can get us a 2nd, let's hope

I'm torn between the idea of trading or keeping Byron. If we were already good or well on our way there, Byron is a player I keep without hesitation. He's a guy you can win with. Can score 20, fill in any role, gritty even though small. He's a great player to have on any team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad