Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread III - big fish in the pond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Not sure why getting Scrivens would be a problem, especially if Edmonton retains some of his salary. It's just a means of getting rid of Kassian. They certainly wouldn't bring Scrivens in as a goalie fix. They might just bury him on the farm.

But hey, if you want to complain about absolutely everything no one can stop you.

malton

Feb 17, 2009
Not sure why getting Scrivens would be a problem, especially if Edmonton retains some of his salary. It's just a means of getting rid of Kassian. They certainly wouldn't bring Scrivens in as a goalie fix. They might just bury him on the farm.

But hey, if you want to complain about absolutely everything no one can stop you.

I'd have an issue with that because Kassian can actually be a good player. Scrivens is junk.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Funny how we had Dubinsky a couple of years ago. Would have been the perfect backup goalie now. Like a Talbot or Jones backup/future starter goalie

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I taught we were getting Simmonds? Wtf is all these ***** trades?

And I thought we were getting Lecavallier. It's never too late right? :sarcasm:

We may be getting Hossa too, I heard someone found his gloves in a dumpster.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co

If they're trading for a goalie, I seriously doubt their plan isn't to have him play with the Habs... especially after Therrien whining about goaltending.

They're going to make a useless trade for Scrivens and say "After da injry to Carey, we feel dat we missing da vetran leadership in da room and in da crease. Scriven is a good character guy. Good in da room, and work hard on da ice. We need dis vetran presence in da nets for our young goaltenders. We tink he will solidfy our goaltending, give us da consistecy, and teach da young goalie to play like da pros. We make da trade to improve da team."

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I feel they may move Jenner for help... Would love him, but it's very obvious Jenner is another good, young player that MB will miss the boat on.

He'll probably end up in Ottawa or Boston.

Why the hell would they move Jenner? I would love Jenner. I wanted him in 2011, but we didn't have a 2nd round pick.

At the time, I recall a lot of rumours that the Habs were interested in him and were either going to take him at #17, or trade down and take him later in the 1st round. Then Beaulieu fell.

That was a huge shock, because he was expected to go top 10. Beau was a good pick.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
If they're trading for a goalie, I seriously doubt their plan isn't to have him play with the Habs... especially after Therrien whining about goaltending.

They're going to make a useless trade for Scrivens and say "After da injry to Carey, we feel dat we missing da vetran leadership in da room and in da crease. Scriven is a good character guy. Good in da room, and work hard on da ice. We need dis vetran presence in da nets for our young goaltenders. We tink he will solidfy our goaltending, give us da consistecy, and teach da young goalie to play like da pros. We make da trade to improve da team."

But can Scrivens score goals? :help:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

and like I said earlier, once it fails..

"Eh, bien, Scrivens was in the AHL 2 weeks ago. He was not going to save da season."

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
But can Scrivens score goals? :help:

The better question is: can he prevent goals?

Answer: No, not really. So whats even the point in trading for him? He is trash.

The problem with this team is its lack of offense, as you've alluded to. We need to trade for players who can help in that area. Not trade for ECHL goalies.

Habfan10

May 16, 2015
What's the consensus on going after RNH? I feel like he's the odd man out in Edmonton, especially considering their needs, the arrival of Draisaitl, and the team doing really well, even without McDavid.
He could be but they won't let him go while McDavid is on the shelf.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I taught we were getting Simmonds? Wtf is all these ***** trades?

Simmonds is Philly's 2nd best goal scorer and they're only 2 wins out of a PO spot.
Toronto and Columbus are the only two teams who would probably be willing to move important pieces of their top 6. Maybe Carolina and Buffalo too.
Otherwise every other team are close to a PO spot. Even Anaheim who's last in the West are just 6pts away.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The better question is: can he prevent goals?

Answer: No, not really. So whats even the point in trading for him? He is trash.

The problem with this team is its lack of offense, as you've alluded to. We need to trade for players who can help in that area. Not trade for ECHL goalies.

Again, admitting they are losing because of a lack of offense could point to Therrien's bench management, line management, roster management, system, teachings, practices etc.

No way he points the finger anywhere near himself. So, blame the one position he has nothing to do with other than deciding who starts.

Habfan10

May 16, 2015
Say what you want about MB, he has showed a pretty good track record of shedding salary...so maybe it's Emelin in this deal?

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Say what you want about MB, he has showed a pretty good track record of shedding salary...so maybe it's Emelin in this deal?

As absurd as it sounds, Emelin have the power to kill any trade he doesn't like. So he's probably not going anywhere unless he want to jump ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad