Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread III - big fish in the pond

Status
Not open for further replies.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
What's the consensus on going after RNH? I feel like he's the odd man out in Edmonton, especially considering their needs, the arrival of Draisaitl, and the team doing really well, even without McDavid.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
What's the consensus on going after RNH? I feel like he's the odd man out in Edmonton, especially considering their needs, the arrival of Draisaitl, and the team doing really well, even without McDavid.

I really like RNH. And I agree that team has a logjam at center.

But they will want top flight dmen in return so I doubt montreal makes a good trade partner

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
I really like RNH. And I agree that team has a logjam at center.

But they will want top flight dmen in return so I doubt montreal makes a good trade partner

A guy like Beaulieu, Emelin and some picks? I don't think RNH, the way he's playing, will attract top tier defensemen though.

I have a feeling dealing Markov and change for him would do the trick. He'd be their veteran presence, a really good defenceman, reliable, so on. Obviously I pray Markov retires a Hab, but that trade would make sense for EDM.

25th

Jul 11, 2009
Aylmer beach, Qc
A guy like Beaulieu, Emelin and some picks? I don't think RNH, the way he's playing, will attract top tier defensemen though.

I have a feeling dealing Markov and change for him would do the trick. He'd be their veteran presence, a really good defenceman, reliable, so on. Obviously I pray Markov retires a Hab, but that trade would make sense for EDM.

Wouldn't it be better to keep our depth at defence and have a coach that gives an line more than half a game to gel?

President XD

Apr 30, 2014
Wouldn't it be better to keep our depth at defence and have a coach that gives an line more than half a game to gel?

This!

Why not keep the lines as they were at the start of the season with a plug until the injured players come back.

Plek - Pac - ? (Big mac perhaps)
Chucky - Eller - ? (Getto perhaps or even DSP for now if/when healthy)
DD - Flash - Weise
Mitchell - Flynn - Byron/DSP when healthy

At least you keep the duos together which have shown chemistry. Gally is to back within the next two weeks and he said he might even be able to play at the Winter Classic, even though it would be a stretch.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Marleau? Neal? RyanJo? Ekman larsson?

What do you think the price would be for Boedker and OEL as a package?
Also, as for our RW issues, what about Corey Perry? The Ducks have him Getz and Kesler with big money contracts, and are going to need to make room. Obviously Getz or Kesler are their obvious choices to move, but maybe Perry can be pried out. He's expensive, but productive as well.

Last edited:

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It's probably about 95% that nothing happens until the trade deadline or the days leading up to it so this roster is going to have to get healthy and step it up before that time.

The only thing likely coming soon is taking on a random player somebody doesn't want for Zack Kassian. I just hope it's not some scrub who is signed beyond this year because we could let Kassian stay in the AHL and not give him a qualifying offer in the summer.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Marleau? Neal? RyanJo? Ekman larsson?

First three, sure. We need top-six forwards, not another defenseman, unless OEL would be the Markov replacement if we had to deal Beaulieu in any deal. No way Arizona would deal OEL, though, unless in a scenario where Edmonton won 1st overall pick again and traded the pick to ARI for OEL so ARI could pick the hometown boy.

What do you think the price would be for Boedker and OEL as a package?

If McCarron is "as untouchable as it gets", then there's no deal Arizona would accept without including one of our big guns.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If he can't produce with all world talents in Pitts than I can't wait to see what he'd do with DD or Pleky :popcorn:

Don't look now, but DD has as much points as Kessel, and Plekanec trails Malkin by only one point. And has a 5 points lead over Crosby.

Habs4ev*

Dec 18, 2015
we don't have anybody TO TRADE!

nobody would want our players,

who are we kidding?

even if you packaged Max and Plek, that would only get you ONE average forward and a prospect + draft pick,

face the facts, our players are not that desireable

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
we don't have anybody TO TRADE!

nobody would want our players,

who are we kidding?

even if you packaged Max and Plek, that would only get you ONE average forward and a prospect + draft pick,

face the facts, our players are not that desireable

No one wants a McCarron, a 1st, Fucale, Scherbak, Juulson, Ghetto, Eller, Emelin, Hudon, one of or both of our two 2nds etc etc etc? Tough crowd.

Habs4ev*

Dec 18, 2015
No one wants a McCarron, a 1st, Fucale, Scherbak, Juulson, Ghetto, Eller, Emelin, Hudon, one of or both of our two 2nds etc etc etc? Tough crowd.

no, i do not believe so,

it doesn't matter, MB doesn't have the balls to make a trade,

mark it now, first round is best we do this year, if we even make it to the playoffs,

if price is gone for the year (which i think he is) we might not even be in the playoffs

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
no, i do not believe so,

it doesn't matter, MB doesn't have the balls to make a trade,

mark it now, first round is best we do this year, if we even make it to the playoffs,

if price is gone for the year (which i think he is) we might not even be in the playoffs

...Well, that appears to be a damn good reason to not make a trade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad