Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Maybe they would like Price instead.He is going to be washed up by the time this team is ready to contend and i for one is not convinced that he is back to his old form of a few years ago

Price/Lindgren - Luongo/Riemer = $3.27M in the difference.

It won't be long for other teams to catch up on goalie cap hits (for both goalies). It's best to wait a year or two to see how our team direction unfolds. Price also has a NMC so he has to ask for a trade first. Then we see how many teams he is willing to allow us to negotiate with.

We married Price. Be loyal to the marriage or it will get nasty

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Agreed about how Nurse looks with Weber! What kind of deal would you offer?

Danault and Mete
for
Nurse and Puljujarvi?

However Pretty sure the Oilers won't move Nurse cause they need to add to their D, not subtract. But I agree with you. Imagine this as our future D (Below). If some of the our D prospects turn into top 4D potential, we can use them to address any holes up front too!

Nurse / Weber
Petry / Juulsen
Romanov / Brook
Reilly / Fleury
Harris / Lernout

I’d imagine the Oilers want a winger who can keep pace and be a threat. I think Tatar would be a piece they’d be interested in that we’d let go.

Lehkonen is a Julien favourite and doesn’t provide the offence Oilers need. Drouin isn’t going anywhere and neither is Gally. That’s slim picking left on the sides hence Tatar. As for a sweetener I’m not sure but probably wouldn’t be anyone we couldn’t live without. Perhaps some depth on D from non essential assets we have to fill in for Nurse. Maybe Reilly, Schlemko or Benn. We might have to eat or take back some salary to make it work though.

So Tatar and Reilly/Benn/Schlemko for Nurse.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I’d imagine the Oilers want a winger who can keep pace and be a threat. I think Tatar would be a piece they’d be interested in that we’d let go.

Lehkonen is a Julien favourite and doesn’t provide the offence Oilers need. Drouin isn’t going anywhere and neither is Gally. That’s slim picking left on the sides hence Tatar. As for a sweetener I’m not sure but probably wouldn’t be anyone we couldn’t live without. Perhaps some depth on D from non essential assets we have to fill in for Nurse. Maybe Reilly, Schlemko or Benn. We might have to eat or take back some salary to make it work though.

So Tatar and Reilly/Benn/Schlemko for Nurse.

It just came from a thread where they were looking for a 3C. But if they are open to other options, yes, we have other pieces. However, I don't see them trading Nurse. They need him

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
It just came from a thread where they were looking for a 3C. But if they are open to other options, yes, we have other pieces. However, I don't see them trading Nurse. They need him

I can’t imagine them trading him either. He’s just coming into his own and they need him desperately. I was just saying what I think they’d ask for or what we’d offer. Then again with chia as GM, literally anything is possible! We might get McDavid for Koko and. 2nd.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I’d like to make a deal with the Oilers since Chiarelli is in desperation mode and needs to make a splash. Habs need help on the back end on the left side. So I propose this blockbuster:

To Edmonton: Victor Mete, Jonathan Drouin, Paul Byron, 2019 2nd round pick OR Nikita Scherbak.

To Montreal: Darnell Nurse, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

Oilers get some high scoring wingers to help balance out their attack up front, and a speedy puck mover in Mete to replace Nurse. Habs get an excellent two way forward and top pairing left handed shooting defenseman to improve their blueline.

Lineup (when healthy);

Nugent-Hopkins - Domi - Shaw
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Deslauriers - Peca - Hudon

Nurse - Weber
Reilly - Petry
Benn - Juulsen

Price
Niemi

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I’d like to make a deal with the Oilers since Chiarelli is in desperation mode and needs to make a splash. Habs need help on the back end on the left side. So I propose this blockbuster:

To Edmonton: Victor Mete, Jonathan Drouin, Paul Byron, 2019 2nd round pick OR Nikita Scherbak.

To Montreal: Darnell Nurse, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

Oilers get some high scoring wingers to help balance out their attack up front, and a speedy puck mover in Mete to replace Nurse. Habs get an excellent two way forward and top pairing left handed shooting defenseman to improve their blueline.

Lineup (when healthy);

Nugent-Hopkins - Domi - Shaw
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Deslauriers - Peca - Hudon

Nurse - Weber
Reilly - Petry
Benn - Juulsen

Price
Niemi

How good is Nurse exactly? Seems like a bad trade to me.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Sprong and Bjorkstrand would be my targets for top 6 help

For dmen no clue. Maybe a cheap bargain ala bargain bin

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
If Bergevin got Panarin for a trade centered around Poehling, how would you feel? There would be no guarantee Panarin stays but he's a game breaking forward and would easily be our best player. We'd also have an advantage over all the other teams trying to sign him because of the time he'd have spent here. I know Poehling has the potential to be a very good player but players of Panarin's level are extremely hard to come by. It's a difficult decision.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
If Bergevin got Panarin for a trade centered around Poehling, how would you feel? There would be no guarantee Panarin stays but he's a game breaking forward and would easily be our best player. We'd also have an advantage over all the other teams trying to sign him because of the time he'd have spent here. I know Poehling has the potential to be a very good player but players of Panarin's level are extremely hard to come by. It's a difficult decision.

Bad ! If I pay a big price for a player it will be on defense not on a winger

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Id do it. Love Poehling, but hes 100% worth it for a guy like Panarin.

In reality though, its unlikely. Look at the return for an unsigned Karlsson. Wed be looking at something like B- prospect+roster player+pick or something for an unsigne Panarin.

Signed ? A similar return to Pac. Poehling, pick and roster player.

I wouldnt mind any of the two.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
We need to solidify our d core. In the past, we had enelin/petry/subban/markov. It was our top 4 every night. Now. We never know. We have to bring s good LD. Like olli maata, darnell nurse or haydn fleury. We have a ton of wingers.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Panarins a great player, but just don't think we are at the point where we should be trading prospects and picks for unsigned prime stars.

Reactions: Vachon23

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I have faith in Mete, hes 19, giving up on him because hes not ready and should be in the AHL is stupid.

The Habs really need a top line LD, thats what they need.
Mete is 20. Keeping him in this role will ruin him imo. Hes not very good and needs to be in the ahl if the habs actually want him to be good.

Reactions: Victorius
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad