Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Just a small reminder that we may not even be able to sign Poehling. I'd rather not see his value go down as he progresses just because of this NCAA loophole crap. That said, Jake Bean is not worth the effort of trying to acquire him, regardless of who you're sending the other way.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Just a small reminder that we may not even be able to sign Poehling. I'd rather not see his value go down as he progresses just because of this NCAA loophole crap. That said, Jake Bean is not worth the effort of trying to acquire him, regardless of who you're sending the other way.

Don't mention this and plant the seed. However, in truth, how many 1st round picks from the NCAA have not signed with the teams that drafted them? I think the Agent/Player are very aware of the impact of doing this to the NHL team that took them in the 1st round. There has to be a very big problem to create a situation where they player won't sign in these type cases.

Also, It's not just Poehling for Bean. I would not make this swap straight up. However, I would consider Poehling and Scherbak for Bean and Gauthier. We have Price on a monster contract and we are exposing him. If we don't want this to get messy and he looses patience and demands a trade where we liquidate him, we should be engaging in what we should do to improve our LD. Bean doesn't come in right away and help but he is 21 next year and I really do think he is the perfect piece to play with Weber.

If not Bean, I'm willing to see what other options are out there. But staying put and not addressing the LD where we have strength at C and RD, it not something I consider smart. Not when our superstar goalie is being exposed with our terrible D depth on the left side.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I would be dumbfounded if Poehling didn't sign with Montreal.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Habs would had known that Domi would become a top line center, would they had drafted Kotkaniemi ? Would had they drafted Tkatchuk instead with the 3rd pick ?

I don't think they knew for sure. Nobody could of predicted the year Domi is having so far. Not even the ones who thought he was better than Galchenyuk. They likely had the same hope that they did with Drouin being a center. So drafting Kotkaniemi was still the smart move.

Reactions: jaffy27

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I’d be all over Nurse. Next to Weber they would be a fearsome duo for opposing teams for a long time.

Agreed about how Nurse looks with Weber! What kind of deal would you offer?

Danault and Mete
for
Nurse and Puljujarvi?

However Pretty sure the Oilers won't move Nurse cause they need to add to their D, not subtract. But I agree with you. Imagine this as our future D (Below). If some of the our D prospects turn into top 4D potential, we can use them to address any holes up front too!

Nurse / Weber
Petry / Juulsen
Romanov / Brook
Reilly / Fleury
Harris / Lernout

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Omfg can u stop already

Exactly. People really need to calm down with Domi.

He's shooting 23.4% (previous season high of 11.54% and career average in Arizona of 8.6%), he has an on-ice shooting percentage of 14.55% (career average of around 10.5%) and an IPP (Individual Point Percentage) of 83.87 (previous career high of 67.86)

Domi looks good at center and is legitimately playing better in Montreal (specifically as a center and on the PP), but he's not a P/GP player. He's more of 60ish point player if he's playing at this level. Which is great, but that offense with his defensive issues is more of a 1B/2 center. Montreal still needs a #1C. And Kotkaniemi looks like he can be that if he develops well. Brady Tkachuk looks really good, but he's a LW (which Montreal doesn't need), but he's gotten lucky too.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I thought that typically the NCAA players that do not sign with the team that drafted them are not 1st rounders. They tend to be later picks that probably don’t have the full attention of the team until 3 years down the road when the player explodes.

I expect the communication between the Habs and Poehling has been great since the draft. They invested heavily in him.

Reactions: 417

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

He's shooting 23.4% (previous season high of 11.54% and career average in Arizona of 8.6%), he has an on-ice shooting percentage of 14.55% (career average of around 10.5%) and an IPP (Individual Point Percentage) of 83.87 (previous career high of 67.86)

Domi looks good at center and is legitimately playing better in Montreal (specifically as a center and on the PP), but he's not a P/GP player. He's more of 60ish point player if he's playing at this level. Which is great, but that offense with his defensive issues is more of a 1B/2 center. Montreal still needs a #1C. And Kotkaniemi looks like he can be that if he develops well. Brady Tkachuk looks really good, but he's a LW (which Montreal doesn't need), but he's gotten lucky too.

Who know ? We where saying the same thing with Marchessault and William Karlsson

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Who know ? We where saying the same thing with Marchessault and William Karlsson

We were saying the same thing about Karlsson. Marchessault was the real deal. And guess what? Karlsson is at 5 goals and 12 assists in 22 games. Which is pretty good. But also not what he was when he was defying the percentages last season.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Was Marchand a pt/game player few years ago? How did he become a pt/game player? How is Domi able to put up the production he has been so far this year? A lot has to do with who he is playing with. Domi/Drouin are good for each other. Both are playing up to their potential and it's anybodies guess how long they can maintain it.

It's not like these guys were not doing this in Junior. The potential is certainly there. It's just been so long that the Habs haven't had a pt/game player that we are in disbelief until it happens for a full season or more!

Reactions: Vachon23
Aug 25, 2009
éal
Friedman saying Florida is interested in Lindgren but Habs are asking a high price for him. Also rumors of Lindgren going to Pittsburgh.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Friedman saying Florida is interested in Lindgren but Habs are asking a high price for him. Also rumors of Lindgren going to Pittsburgh.
Yeah, he also mentions that Lindgren is actually the best option for teams looking to get a quality goaltender... When Luongo got injured at the begin of the season, I mentionned that Florida should look at trading for Lindgren in the trade rumours board but that they wont get him for free...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lindgrens max value is what a 4th maybe?

There is no max or min value. There is what it takes to pry him away from the Habs cause he has value to us on his cheap 3 year contract. If another team wants him, they will have to pay up or they don't get him.

Or the other side to this is Bergevin/Bouchard are disappointed in him and they are willing to move him. I doubt this is the case. 2.56 GAA and 0.914 Sv% is decent numbers on a Laval team that is bottom 10 in the standings. 52 goals allowed by Laval is ranked 12th. Problem once again is scoring

Maybe the Panthers scouts see something in him. As far as his trade value. What does it take to pry him away is the real answer.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
According to what they mean as a high price? I would ask for a first round pick. A good young goalie, he is worth it

- If they give a 1st. They get him very easily
- If they give a 2nd. That's where I think it makes us think.
- 3rd? I don't think I would do it.

Problem is many people think every team has a Lindgren type. They group him in a category and don't look at this individual accomplishments and what roster he is playing behind since joining the Habs. I'm not surprised there may be interest in him from other GM's. I just don't see teams giving us what it takes to pry him away.

And they don't have a 2nd or 3rd in the next draft. So it would be for 2020 more likely. Or this is Friedman just speculating like he is paid to do

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Maybe they would like Price instead.He is going to be washed up by the time this team is ready to contend and i for one is not convinced that he is back to his old form of a few years ago

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
- If they give a 1st. They get him very easily
- If they give a 2nd. That's where I think it makes us think.
- 3rd? I don't think I would do it.

Problem is many people think every team has a Lindgren type. They group him in a category and don't look at this individual accomplishments and what roster he is playing behind since joining the Habs. I'm not surprised there may be interest in him from other GM's. I just don't see teams giving us what it takes to pry him away.

And they don't have a 2nd or 3rd in the next draft. So it would be for 2020 more likely. Or this is Friedman just speculating like he is paid to do
I would stay with the '19 draft. As it is exceptional deep. I would offer a throwin with Lindgren to get their first. If they want more I would keep Lindgren.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I would stay with the '19 draft. As it is exceptional deep. I would offer a throwin with Lindgren to get their first. If they want more I would keep Lindgren.

I would love that return but don't think they are willing to move their 1st. We would have to add a significant piece on top of Lindgren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad