Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Sadly, we’re probbaly stuck with Alzner until at least to the trade deadline of next year. After that most his salary is paid and teams who need or have plawnty of cap wouldn’t care.

Too early to get rid of him but at least his contract is tradable in the last 2-2 1/2 years of his contract.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
although I like the idea of a Petry + for Nylander trade for some reason it just seems like it's one of those deals that I just cant see actually happening.
Yes but when you could acquire elite talent you have to do it.

If it takes Petry+1st(lottery protected)+? I would do it.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
I feel like if Nylander is in the discussion Toronto wants one of Brook, Mete, or Juulsen and a 1st as a starting point

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I feel like if Nylander is in the discussion Toronto wants one of Brook, Mete, or Juulsen and a 1st as a starting point

Eeee no thank you, even though Nylander would add a lot of firepower up front, Brook and Juulsen are, to me, keepers, and they don't need LHD.

Pretty sure they'd take Petry, they're competing now.

And forget about trading our 1st picks, MB never did it, I don't see him do it anytime soon, especially not in the next 2 years.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
although I like the idea of a Petry + for Nylander trade for some reason it just seems like it's one of those deals that I just cant see actually happening.

Win now mode makes for crazy deals though. We see them all the time. Erat for Forsberg. Petry is showing he can produce and plays the right side. Is Brett Pesce better than Petry? He’s younger but I’m not sure he’s miles better than him. Also under contract for a reasonable amount for term.

Just makes sense from a Leafs perspective.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Jeff Petry would be a nice addition to the Leafs roster no doubt but it would be a bad move for Toronto to acquire him by trading William Nylander even if we include a 2nd round pick. The can

If we want Nylander we would need to trade the Man Mountain.

Reactions: Vachon23

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Jeff Petry would be a nice addition to the Leafs roster no doubt but it would be a bad move for Toronto to acquire him by trading William Nylander even if we include a 2nd round pick. The can

If we want Nylander we would need to trade the Man Mountain.

There’s a less then zero chance of Bergevin making that trade.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Which seven Habs forwards will the Habs protect of they trade Petry for Nylander so as not to lose Petry in the expansion draft?

Nylander
Byron
Danault
Drouin
Armia
Shaw
Kotkaniemi

So Lehkonen or Gallagher or Domi would be lost ;-)

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Mete and Petry for Nylander. I'd make this trade and I'd even retain salary to make it more appealing for them to pull the trigger (they do need cap space.. take advantage of it!). Most I would add on top would be a 2nd. Our 1st should not be traded. If they are stuck on it, move on and let them try to get Mete and Petry types from another team. Brook and Juulsen should not be traded.

However, I wonder what is our plans with Nylander if we are able to acquire him? Center or RW? We are already loaded on RW. Gallagher, Lehkonen, Suzuki, Armia.

Not sure Nylander is the piece we need.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Dont even bother posting a Nylander for Petry or Weber on the main board. I proposed a Weber for Nylander ( if he can play centre ) swap a long time ago and the Leaf fans went nuts, as per usual, on it. Sure, maybe I'm not seeing it right, but it's also what happens when teams are out of it for a long time, fans want to keep all the pretty toys and overvalue everything they have.

And yes, I would rather our return being for young D with top pairing ceiling to time it with the Cs that are coming in. Last year I had wanted Noah Hanifin and in one variation proposed Hanifin and Lindholm for Gallagher and Chucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad