HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #82

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I wonder if Dylan Garand might be someone of interest to Habs' management.

He was drafted by the Rangers when Gorton/Bobrov were there, plus they have Shesterkin who will be their #1 for years to come.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
Truman says the name he hears is Devon Levi.

He says Habs had discussions with the Sabres at the draft. And they have continued to have discussions with them.

Laraque suggests Askarov should be someone Habs should target.
I wonder if it's mainly cause of the Northeastern connection to MSL/Hughes?

Heard a lot of good things about Levi so would be a great add to the prospect pool. Only thing I'm wondering is why would Buffalo trade him? Aren't they also looking for a goalie? Unless they want to accelerate their rebuild and add established players right away.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It will be curious if maybe Levi opts not to sign with the Sabres and they feel they will need to move him. They do have his rights until August 2025, but they won't wait to hold onto him until then.

They obviously have UPL. They also have Erik Portillo, who they took in the 3rd round in 2019 and is in his third season at the University of Michigan. They also took Topias Leinonen in the 2nd round this past draft.

So maybe they'd be willing to move Levi for a piece they need in another position.

Craig Anderson's deal is up this year. So they may even trade him if they're not in a position to compete for a playoff spot by TDL.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Levi is 6 feet; small for a modern goalie. I haven't watched him much. Does his athleticism or positioning make up for the fact he's small?
I hope they don't give up on primeau just yet

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I know he’s been meh in the AHL, but I always thought Askarov was a stud. 6’4”, rangy, athletic and had all the tools. So so AHL numbers but still young and raw. If he was available, he’d be my pick.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
cant he just stay in the NCAA another year and he becomes a UFA? he can also force a trade a la Adam Fox
True but he doesn’t seem like the kind of kid who’d do that. He’d also have to stay in college another year and not play football n the NHL while the Sabres are an ever improving young and exciting team. I just don’t see it happening and put it in the “unlikely” basket than the “probable” one.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Levi make a lot of sense with the connections he have with the management. Would't be against it even if iI'm concern with the size. He seem to have this little thing special

I know he’s been meh in the AHL, but I always thought Askarov was a stud. 6’4”, rangy, athletic and had all the tools. So so AHL numbers but still young and raw. If he was available, he’d be my pick.
No reasons for Nashville to trade him except if someone overpay

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Levi make a lot of sense with the connections he have with the management. Would't be against it even if iI'm concern with the size. He seem to have this little thing special

No reasons for Nashville to trade him except if someone overpay
You can argue that for any young goalie.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I haven't watched him play. But he seems to be doing well. Nothing earth shattering mind you.

He's Top-20 in the AHL in both GAA and SV%. It doesn't seem all that impressive initially. However he's the only one among those Top-20 who is U21.

And looking at U23, he is 7th in SV% and 4th in GAA. Not too shabby for a kid who is in his first year in North America.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
True but he doesn’t seem like the kind of kid who’d do that. He’d also have to stay in college another year and not play football n the NHL while the Sabres are an ever improving young and exciting team. I just don’t see it happening and put it in the “unlikely” basket than the “probable” one.
yea maybe ur right i dont know much about him aside from hockey and true Buffalo has tons of exiting young players but we've also been saying that for a longgg time lol idk i guess will see but from our side it does make sense local kid that management knows well

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Levi is 6 feet; small for a modern goalie. I haven't watched him much. Does his athleticism or positioning make up for the fact he's small?
I hope they don't give up on primeau just yet

I'm not sure.. it's the concern I have. Unfortunately it's not easy to tell if it isn't flagrant, until you see them against better shooters.

Like Hugo Havelid's skating was so obviously bad I knew not to select him. Levi's skating isn't bad by any means, I just don't know if it scales well enough when the puck moves faster and the people receiving said puck are shooting it quicker and with more accuracy.

He's not an acquire at all costs for me. He's, if he won't sign in Buffalo but will sign here, take the shot.

I prefer goalies in this draft.

Reactions: HuGo Sham

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
I haven't watched him play. But he seems to be doing well. Nothing earth shattering mind you.

He's Top-20 in the AHL in both GAA and SV%. It doesn't seem all that impressive initially. However he's the only one among those Top-20 who is U21.

And looking at U23, he is 7th in SV% and 4th in GAA. Not too shabby for a kid who is in his first year in North America.
One guy that really looked good in ECHL last year is Vancouver's Silovs, he was big in the net, good technics and in control. This is one intriguing goalie prospect. I'm not sure what's the plan for him in Vancouver. Maybe this guy could be part of a bigger transaction

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
One guy that really looked good in ECHL last year is Vancouver's Silovs, he was big in the net, good technics and in control. This is one intriguing goalie prospect. I'm not sure what's the plan for him in Vancouver. Maybe this guy could be part of a bigger transaction

Speaking of Vancouver, there was also DiPietro that was rumored the Habs had interest in.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Speaking of Vancouver, there was also DiPietro that was rumored the Habs had interest in.

Boston Bruins Acquire:
Logo of the Boston Bruins

Michael DiPietro · $0 (AHL/JR)
Jonathan Myrenberg · $0 (AHL/JR) (Signing Rights)

Sum: $0
Change: -$762,500
Trade

Vancouver Canucks Acquire:
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks

Jack Studnicka · $762,500

Sum: $762,500
Change: +$762,500

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Just read this.
In the last few minutes, BPM Sports host Maxime Truman revealed a major piece of information.

"Dollard-des-Ormeaux native Devon Levi has been keeping goal for Team Canada and is currently teammates with Kent Hughes' sons at Northeastern University.

According to information from Maxime Truman, the Habs and Sabres are reportedly in discussions." - BPM Sports

Wow, that would be major! So there would be discussions going on!

Levi, a 7th round pick in 2020, is 20 years old and is on a historic NCAA run with Northeastern University.

In 32 games last season, he maintained a staggering .952 efficiency rate and a 1.54 goals-against average. Almost ridiculous numbers.

In 17 games this season, he maintains a .930 efficiency rate and a goals-against average of 2.27

He was brilliant with Team Canada Junior in 2021, and at the 2022 Olympics.

Devon Levi absolutely fits the profile of a possible future star goalie.

Reactions: Naslundforever

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
It will be curious if maybe Levi opts not to sign with the Sabres and they feel they will need to move him. They do have his rights until August 2025, but they won't wait to hold onto him until then.

They obviously have UPL. They also have Erik Portillo, who they took in the 3rd round in 2019 and is in his third season at the University of Michigan. They also took Topias Leinonen in the 2nd round this past draft.

So maybe they'd be willing to move Levi for a piece they need in another position.

Craig Anderson's deal is up this year. So they may even trade him if they're not in a position to compete for a playoff spot by TDL.
Sabres fan here .I don't think they will trade Levi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad