HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Considering that Barron's play is somewhat underwhelming of late (plenty of time still, though), maybe the steadier Harris gets the nod on the right side with Edmundson own a top-4 role and Guhle gets a shot at the NHL right away on a 3rd pairing with Barron (pairing of the future higher up on the depth chart)?

Matheson - Savard
Edmundson - Harris
Guhle - Barron

I wish Barron had played the game with Guhle on Sunday, to see if the familiarity with the large LD would have upped the RD's game?
We’ll see. I’m not too concerned about the rookie challenge. Let’s wait for camp and see what happens. I’d be surprised if Barron wasn’t paired with a vet in the top 4. He played really well last season before he got hurt and is a natural righty.

Also, Hughes said he didn’t want more than two rookies in the lineup so I’d imagine Guhle starts in the AHL. But we’ll see how camp goes before penciling the lineup. You never know if a player like Xhekaj can break in the lineup for some much needed toughness.

Too early to call but some really good prospects knocking on the door now.

Reactions: BLONG7

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
"According to a well-connected NHL source, the Canadiens are looking to move some of their surplus forwards right now, but general managers aren't ready to start moving parts of their roster just yet until they have an idea. clearer of their players in training camp. -Marco D'Amico

Reactions: xX SEYF Xx

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Considering that Barron's play is somewhat underwhelming of late (plenty of time still, though), maybe the steadier Harris gets the nod on the right side with Edmundson own a top-4 role and Guhle gets a shot at the NHL right away on a 3rd pairing with Barron (pairing of the future higher up on the depth chart)?

Matheson - Savard
Edmundson - Harris
Guhle - Barron

I wish Barron had played the game with Guhle on Sunday, to see if the familiarity with the large LD would have upped the RD's game?
That's the defense we should see on opening night

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Habs need a elite RD
Who could it be ? Cameron Allen in 2023 ? nahh
About Theodore from vegas ?

Harris + Beck/Kidney + Edmundson + first pick 2023 (panthers) ?

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Couturier is out for the year...now is the moment for hughes to trade them Dvorak ++ for their 2023 1st . That pick could end up being in the lottery

Which is why they likely won't move it.

Like most of our players their values are at career lows. Better to let Dvorak shine this season and move him for assets at the deadline or beyond.

I mean hey if PHI want to trade their 2023 1st for Dvo+ then I am onboard, but I don't see it.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Couturier is out for the year...now is the moment for hughes to trade them Dvorak ++ for their 2023 1st . That pick could end up being in the lottery

He's not out for the year. Yet. He's likely out for 12 weeks, pending a second opinion.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Harris will be better than Lundkvist, even playing on his off side (RD).
Depending on where the info is coming from, Harris either prefers playing RD or as McCagg claims, he apparently told him many times that he has no preference.

Given the Habs’ lack of depth there, I hope they start camp by giving him a fair shot at RD.

Last edited:

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Depending on where the info is coming from, Harris either prefers playing RD or as McCagg claims, he apparently told him many times that he has no preference.

Given the Habs lack of depth there, I hope they start camp by giving him a fair shot at RD.
That would leave a spot open on the left side for one of Guhle or XZhekaj, unless we insist on playing Schueneman there.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad