HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That would leave a spot open on the left side for one of Guhle or XZhekaj, unless we insist on playing Schueneman there.
Schueneman seemed to be appreciated by MSL and has a bit of an edge at the pro level (68 regular season games in Laval since 2020 and 24 in the NHL) but his offence is lacking.

Maybe one of the young guys will overtake him and relegate him to a 7th D role, if say a Ghule shows he can handle a regular job as of this season. Can’t wait to find out.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So which next young guy does Kent target
We need to tap into Marco d’Amico’s “well-connected executive” who feeds him all the behind the scenes stuff.

It can’t be just one guy that Hughes is targeting — he must have multiple lines in the water, trying to get someone to bite.

On another subject, your good buddy, Mr. Peabody, is on the last year of his contract and may not survive. You might just need new material. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Habs10Habs

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
We need to tap into Marco d’Amico’s “well-connected executive” who feeds him all the behind the scenes stuff.

It can’t be just one guy that Hughes is targeting — he must have multiple lines in the water, trying to get someone to bite.

On another subject, your good buddy, Mr. Peabody, is on the last year of his contract and may not survive. You might just need new material. :sarcasm:
Mr Peabody will die with the 4 contract hogs. But nostrils says they learned a lot from losing in the 1st round again. lol

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
our def is bad but theres no way Wideman plays on the first pair it should be Savard
Yeah I don’t think any of the pairs should play more than others. That, being said, that’s what I would like to see, which is a good stable veteran with both of the rookies. I don’t think Wideman is a good partner for a young inexperienced Dman.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I'd rather give Norlinder an extended opportunity than paying a significant asset for someone like Lundkvist, especially considering they are the same age.

It is basically a make or break year for Norlinder here given the talent we have coming up on D, I am excited to see him get a chance with an offensive minded coach in MSL compared to guys like Ducharme/Houle.

Reactions: Peteux

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Have we considered Seth Jones in this thread? Is he finished or still redeemable? Maybe Hugo could trade a couple of expiring contracts in a deal for Jones since you can only eat 50% of the contract of a maximum of 3?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Have we considered Seth Jones in this thread? Is he finished or still redeemable? Maybe Hugo could trade a couple of expiring contracts in a deal for Jones since you can only eat 50% of the contract of a maximum of 3?
Chicago won't keep that much money for that long and Jones have NMC, not sure he will waive it for MTL

Reactions: Habs Halifax

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Schueneman seemed to be appreciated by MSL and has a bit of an edge at the pro level (68 regular season games in Laval since 2020 and 24 in the NHL) but his offence is lacking.

Maybe one of the young guys will overtake him and relegate him to a 7th D role, if say a Ghule shows he can handle a regular job as of this season. Can’t wait to find out.
Schueneman needs to clear waivers, whereas Leskinen does not (nor do Harris, Guhle, Barron, Fairbrother, Norlinder and Xhekaj).

Not that I mind exposing a non-performing vet to waivers, but if they don't want to do that, and Slaf is good enough for the team, then they can put Byron on IR and carry 15 F, 6D including Schueneman (and only one rookie at a time) and 2G.

Reactions: Runner77

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Chicago won't keep that much money for that long and Jones have NMC, not sure he will waive it for MTL

Was it just a bad year on a bad team? If you take his whole salary, maybe you get him for free; or even better, for a dump. I used to dream of MarcBin signing him when he turned ufa. Defense is the team's biggest need and Jones on top of his game would change a lot of things. Is he done or what? I haven't watched Chicago, maybe he's the new Karlsson and I just had a terrible idea; but it seems to make sense, logically, that he'll find his game back. Heck, give them Price to raise their floor and a couple of bean contracts to sell at the deadline?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Was it just a bad year on a bad team? If you take his whole salary, maybe you get him for free; or even better, for a dump. I used to dream of MarcBin signing him when he turned ufa. Defense is the team's biggest need and Jones on top of his game would change a lot of things. Is he done or what? I haven't watched Chicago, maybe he's the new Karlsson and I just had a terrible idea; but it seems to make sense, logically, that he'll find his game back. Heck, give them Price to raise their floor and a couple of bean contracts to sell at the deadline?
Personally, I love Seth Jones so you don't need to convince me. If we can have him for almost free next summer I would consider it but the main problem is like I said in the other post, not sure Seth Jones want to play in Canada (he didn't want to when CBS trade him to Chicago)

Reactions: FF de Mars

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Personally, I love Seth Jones so you don't need to convince me. If we can have him for almost free next summer I would consider it but the main problem is like I said in the other post, not sure Seth Jones want to play in Canada (he didn't want to when CBS trade him to Chicago)

Maybe things changed because he's now struggling and is getting more desperate to find a match, hitting the wall? Maybe the appeal of an emerging team in MSL convinces him. Maybe Montréal isn't exactly like the rest of the Canadian cities? Or is it because of higher taxes he doesn't want to play in Canada? Many things changed since last year.

Reactions: Vachon23

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Maybe things changed because he's now struggling and is getting more desperate to find a match, hitting the wall? Maybe the appeal of an emerging team in MSL convinces him. Maybe Montréal isn't exactly like the rest of the Canadian cities? Or is it because of higher taxes he doesn't want to play in Canada? Many things changed since last year.
Maybe..

One thing for sure, for a guy that have a bad season, he would have been our 2nd best point producer behind Suzuki last year.

Reactions: FF de Mars

jrom

Mar 28, 2022

Him and a couple of Colombus players were known to be QAnon supporters on social media, pretty sure he’s not coming here + HuGo won’t want to this distraction.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Him and a couple of Colombus players were known to be QAnon supporters on social media, pretty sure he’s not coming here + HuGo won’t want to this distraction.

What if Poilievre wins the election? Is a political alignment really a distraction? Do players really talk about politics in the locker room? Who cares? Back in the days you had the blues and the reds; now, we should only have the reds, isn't it tyrannical? I don't think it's a good reason to disqualify Jones.

I pass on Jones anyways. He's not the same player without the dynamic Werenski. We need a Werenski type more than a Jones.

People said Weber was only good because of Josi too...

Reactions: the
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad