HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Where not trading Dach 1 week after acquiring him lol

I don't know but it appears Dach was plan B and Dubois was plan A.

I'm hopeful that we can get a Dvorak, Panthers 1st, and Kidney trade for Dubois. I have no doubt Hughes and the Jets GM are hashing it out as we speak. It's taking a while so that either means it's not working or they are close and it requires some evaluation on a player like Kidney for the Jets and their scouts first.

The other layer to it is sign/trade. Hughes is likely saying once we have a deal, I want permission to talk to Dubois on what a 7 year deal looks like. Actually, he don't need permission, Dubois is a RFA and he can talk to his agent now.

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
I read somewhere yesterday that Dvorak was the key piece going to the Jets+ for PLD

If I had to take a wild guess:

Dvorak
Poehling
Rhett Pitlick
1st in 2023 Protected (if lottery then 2024)

Habs need to move cap, and bodies.

It's also worth mentioning that Winnipeg has 15M Cap available.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I'd much rather have a legit top 4 PMD over PLD, if we can get both fine but gunna burn up a few assets to get Dubois.
I was thinking the same myself, that for now Chychrun would be a nicer fit as a 24 yo D who can eat minutes, since we have more core forwards than core D.

We need to find a way to structure a deal with Arizona to get Chychrun. I tried something in a separate post, but there could be more than one way to do it.

It is quite possible that if we do a deal for Chychrun, we won't have the ammo for a Dubois deal in the same year. But that's ok with me. We can't have every player we want, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: JHabs

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I read somewhere yesterday that Dvorak was the key piece going to the Jets+ for PLD

Dvorak
Poehling
Rhett Pitlick

I am not all that interested in PLD but I might make that trade. In general I hope the Habs don't trade for him unless the cost is low.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Are you under a rock? Dubois is clearly at play so why stop talking about it?
I don’t see it happening at all. A lot of dots being connected based on vague information.

There has been nothing specific connecting Winnipeg and Montreal. Yes, there is a supposed trade, and Dubois apparently said through his agent that he would like to play here one day (who wouldn’t say that by the way), but none of the insiders have even mentionned it. Just random Montreal “insiders”

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
I was thinking the same myself, that for now Chychrun would be a nicer fit as a 24 yo D who can eat minutes, since we have more core forwards than core D.

We need to find a way to structure a deal with Arizona to get Chychrun. I tried something in a separate post, but there cfould be more than one way to do it.

It is quite possible that if we do a deal for Chychrun, we won't have the ammo for a Dubois deal in the same year. But that's ok with me. We can't have every player we want, lol.
There was a rumor floating around that Habs are looking seriously at Ivan Provorov from Philly.

I suspect Chychrun's price is too astronomical, and compared to Flyers ask it might be more manageable. I wonder if Flyers would be open to More of a Hockey Trade (Gallagher, etc...) rather than Futures trade.

Provorov is 100% a need for us.

PLD I think bolsters our Offense esp with Suzuki and Dach, but he is only one piece of a much larger Jigsaw.

Reactions: SlafySZN

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don’t see it happening at all. A lot of dots being connected based on vague information.

There has been nothing specific connecting Winnipeg and Montreal. Yes, there is a supposed trade, and Dubois apparently said through his agent that he would like to play here one day (who wouldn’t say that by the way), but none of the insiders have even mentionned it. Just random Montreal “insiders”

Nothing specific? Really?

Pat Brisson adds this and this is where it gets interesting:
"I can speak to that because right now he hasn't signed a contract, he's a compensated free agent. Montreal is a city where he would like to play. That's the only thing I can say right now."

Do you know who Brisson is? Dubois agent. You're completely ignoring a wide range of context and about a few weeks ago, there was a Jets reporter connected to the Jets who said Dubois wants to play for the Habs and is telling members inside the organization.

This is very far from just some Montreal insiders. Lift the rock and turn it over

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site

"I can speak to that because right now he hasn't signed a contract, he's a compensated free agent. Montreal is a city where he would like to play. That's the only thing I can say right now."

Do you know who Brisson is? Dubois agent.

Yea, it means a lot. I expect Dubois to be a Hab sooner than later.

Slafkovsky*-Suzuki-Caufield
Dadonov-Dubois-Anderson
Hoffman-Dach-Gallagher
Harvey Pinard*-Evans-Ylonen*

Extras: Pezzetta, Poehling
LTIR: Byron

Traded; Armia, Drouin, Dvorak

Edmundson-???
Guhle*-Savard
Rookie D* (Harris, Barron or Leskinen)-Wideman
Extra: Schueneman

Traded: Petry

AHL: Harris, Barron, Norlinder, Fairbrother, Xhekaj, Bowey

So 4 nhl rookies this year. This is the beginning of the rebuilt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs Halifax

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010

Do you know who Brisson is? Dubois agent.
lol I literally said that there was nothing other than what his agent said. I literally referenced this exact quote. But I also added that who wouldn’t say that. It’s called negotiation and if the agent came out and said he had no interest in playing here, that impacts negotiations. He’s looking for a contract so obviously he’s going to say that

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016

Dvorak
Poehling
Rhett Pitlick

I wouldn't risk the 2023 first Rd. If anything is make it top 5/10 protected. PLD isn't worth risking potentially the most important pick for the Habs since the 2005 5OA

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
lol I literally said that there was nothing other than what his agent said. I literally referenced this exact quote. But I also added that who wouldn’t say that. It’s called negotiation and if the agent came out and said he had no interest in playing here, that impacts negotiations. He’s looking for a contract so obviously he’s going to say that

Stop it with trying to get others from talking about it. If you don't want to talk about it, go to another thread.

You value what insiders say and don't care what Dubois's agent says? I think your approach is going to back fire on you the same way you are spitting it out

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
I dunno, something tells me Habs are going to move more bodies upfront and somehow land PLD and D.Strome. I know Strome has had work ethic questions but word on the street is Habs love his skillset/ceiling.

They seem to be going all in on reclamation projects.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
The main prize this year isn't PLD, it's a top draft pick.
I think we need two things to compete more effectively. We need a #1 or co-#1 C to pair with Suzuki, and we need a good D to bolster the back end.

The next draft has the potential to yield a C capable of stepping into the lineup quickly, but I don't think a similar potential on D exists. So if we were to try to do a deal for a core piece this year, i would target a D in the under 27 year old range.

Now if that is not possible and we land Dubois at a fair price, I'm ok with it, but it's not my first choice.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I dunno, something tells me Habs are going to move more bodies upfront and somehow land PLD and D.Strome. I know Strome has had work ethic questions but word on the street is Habs love his skillset/ceiling.

They seem to be going all in on reclamation projects.
Adding 2 more centers?

Reactions: SlafySZN

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

Dvorak
Poehling
Rhett Pitlick

We would be nuts to trade our 1st round pick, maybe the Panthers one but ours no way

Then the rest just doesn't make sense for the Jets, they still have a good of enough lineup to compete, there is missing another key piece I think for them to make this deal if there even is a deal to make

At this point Dubois has 2 years left, no rush of trading for him right now. Maybe next off season is a better and more realistic idea and we can extend his contract as well

JHabs

HFB Partner
Dec 14, 2007
Montreal
twitter.com
Adding 2 more centers?
MOAR CENTARS

We would be nuts to trade our 1st round pick, maybe the Panthers one but ours no way

Then the rest just doesn't make sense for the Jets, they still have a good of enough lineup to compete, there is missing another key piece I think for them to make this deal if there even is a deal to make

At this point Dubois has 2 years left, no rush of trading for him right now. Maybe next off season is a better and more realistic idea and we can extend his contract as well
Or better yet, I wonder if Hughes pulls another Dach and trades a piece for another 1st to include in the PLD trade.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There was a rumor floating around that Habs are looking seriously at Ivan Provorov from Philly.

I suspect Chychrun's price is too astronomical, and compared to Flyers ask it might be more manageable. I wonder if Flyers would be open to More of a Hockey Trade (Gallagher, etc...) rather than Futures trade.

Provorov is 100% a need for us.

PLD I think bolsters our Offense esp with Suzuki and Dach, but he is only one piece of a much larger Jigsaw.

Provorov is UFA in 3 years and is a left handed shot. I don't understand why you feel this is a 100% need for us?

Dubois fits better. We can get him locked up for his prime for 7 years. (age 24-30)

MOAR CENTARS

Or better yet, I wonder if Hughes pulls another Dach and trades a piece for another 1st to include in the PLD trade.

Possible and might be the reason why things are delayed. Or nothing develops and Hughes has to look at other moves entirely where it's a cap flexibility move.

:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad