HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #79

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Given the state of our RD I wouldn't be keen on moving Barron. Heck I'm even getting curious as to what can be done with Dach. At this point I'm convinced the hold up is for the Petry dossier and has nothing to do with PLD.
I'm convinced Hughes is sticking to his guns and unless he gets the value he wants, that Mr Petry will be suiting up for the bleu, blanc et rouge on October 12 and thereafter, and the onus will be on him to play well if he wants out of town.

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
Flipping Dach for Dubois is a possibility now. He's the kind of controlled asset WIN crave for and fill a position of need. We'd have to add salary so...why not Gallagher? Locked long term, good for the room, leads by example... but of course overpaided. He's not negative value but it's close. Add a tendie ala Poeling/Ylonen/ or Florida's first and it's getting pretty good for PLD dimished value. Brisson help our cause sooo bad today, all hail to him🙏

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Flipping Dach for Dubois is a possibility now. He's the kind of controlled asset WIN crave for and fill a position of need. We'd have to add salary so...why not Gallagher? Locked long term, good for the room, leads by example... but of course overpaided. He's not negative value but it's close which is why we'd have to add a tendie ala Poeling/Ylonen or Florida's first. Time to take advantage of PLD dimished value, all thanks to Pat !!!
I'm fairly certain the Jets fans reaction to that would be a finger down their throats.

Reactions: Runner77

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
I'm fairly certain the Jets fans reaction to that would be a finger down their throats.
Sure, sad thing is they hold no leverage just like Trouba's trade. Just spitballing here, I still think something like Dvorak/Poehling/Flo 1st will get it done.

Sebastien

May 1, 2022
Sure, sad thing is they hold no leverage just like Trouba's trade. Just spitballing here, I still think something like Dvorak/Poehling/Flo 1st will get it done.
Um, no jets wouldn't do this. Nor would they trade him to Montreal. You don't know whether they have leverage or not because he never flat came out and said he wanted to leave for Montreal

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm convinced Hughes is sticking to his guns and unless he gets the value he wants, that Mr Petry will be suiting up for the bleu, blanc et rouge on October 12 and thereafter, and the onus will be on him to play well if he wants out of town.
I don't doubt it and yes we are under no obligation to move Petry. Hughes did talk publicly about wanting to get this done and it was conjectured to be close so he could be mulling over an offer. He has also shown to be a man of his word. But who knows maybe it's an update on Price. :dunno:

McPhees Moustache

Dec 11, 2021
Calgary
Flipping Dach for Dubois is a possibility now. He's the kind of controlled asset WIN crave for and fill a position of need. We'd have to add salary so...why not Gallagher? Locked long term, good for the room, leads by example... but of course overpaided. He's not negative value but it's close. Add a tendie ala Poeling/Ylonen/ or Florida's first and it's getting pretty good for PLD dimished value. Brisson help our cause sooo bad today, all hail to him🙏
Gallagher is negative value - put him on waivers and guaranteed nobody claims him
I think a lot of teams would love to have him but he's paid at least 2M/year more than he's worth right now.
Maybe with a bounce back 20-25 goal season he could potentially become moveable again but I'm not holding my breath.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Reactions: Destopcorner

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
Um, no jets wouldn't do this. Nor would they trade him to Montreal. You don't know whether they have leverage or not because he never flat came out and said he wanted to leave for Montreal
Bitch please. Everybody and their mother knows he wants to come home so no team will go the extra mile for only 2 years of PLD. Just like Trouba and Fox case, the loved city always wins and it happens to be us for once.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I read that his agent did...not sure if it's fake though.

Edit - so just read the article posted above...I don't think I've ever seen an agent explicitly mention a team his client wants to play for while he's under contract with another team.

Kinda wild...

McPhees Moustache

Dec 11, 2021
Calgary
For the love of the rebuild please don't trade for PLD - at least not for another season.
Hold the course for one more year and re-visit next summer after the draft if necessary

Bitch please. Everybody and their mother knows he wants to come home so no team will go the extra mile for only 2 years of PLD. Just like Trouba and Fox case, the loved city always wins and it happens to be us for once.
And if that's the case we should be using it to our advantage and signing him as a free agent if we need him when the time comes.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Speculating here, which doesn't mean I would be endorsing a Dubois trade... if I was Hugues, I would indeed try to accommodate Petry by trading him to an American team, and the value I'm trying to get from that would go into the package for Dubois. Everyone knows by now that Montreal has leverage over Winnipeg, because they've spoken to Brisson and they know Dubois intends to come to MTL. Two trades are necessary to get Dubois, which could explain why it's so hard and has consumed so much of Hugues' time.

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
For the love of the rebuild please don't trade for PLD - at least not for another season.
Hold the course for one more year and re-visit next summer after the draft if necessary

And if that's the case we should be using it to our advantage and signing him as a free agent if we need him when the time comes.
We will give significant assets in that trade and PLD won't impact next season defensive disaster. Difference between PLD and Dvorak/Andy/Dach whatever ain't big enough to save us from finishing bottom 10

Reactions: cphabs and TheFalk

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
I read that his agent did...not sure if it's fake though.

Edit - so just read the article posted above...I don't think I've ever seen an agent explicitly mention a team his client wants to play for while he's under contract with another team.

Kinda wild...
He's not under contract right now. He's an RFA, which means any team can speak to his agent and even offer sheet him.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

I think Dubois is tired of waiting and wants to leave now, not play for the team he wants at 26 years old. But yea we cannot compete this year. Next year would be perfect. Him coming at 25 with one year left on his contract is ideal. At the same time, it would give us the time to shed salary.

Last edited:

McPhees Moustache

Dec 11, 2021
Calgary
We will give significant assets in that trade which wont impact next season defensive disaster. Difference between PLD and Dvorak/Andy/Dach whatever ain't that big so it's all about the greater good.
To me it's giving away assets for free - if he really wants to be here he'll come in 2 years anyway. We're not winning a cup in those 2 years so why spend the assets.
As a side effect of him being here we would be better as well - not a playoff team but probably end up finishing a few spots higher therefore losing draft capital as well.
A large reason for the Rangers quick turnaround was taking advantage of players wanting to be there - Panarin signed as a UFA and Fox traded for 2 2nds as it was known he wouldn't go anywhere else.
Instead of trading the assets for PLD use them on something else we need (RD?) or more draft capital and get PLD for free if he still wants to be here in 2 years.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He's not under contract right now. He's an RFA, which means any team can speak to his agent and even offer sheet him.
Sure I guess I understand that technicality...but it's still rare, I don't think I ever recall that short of an offer-sheet situation.

If that's true...that kind of handcuffs the Jets if we presume that Dubois is not going to sign an extension with another team than Montreal. I wasn't paying too much attention to this Dubois saga, but these comments from his agent are giving me pause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad