Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread #78

Would you consider trading down out of the Top 3?

• Yes I would trade down

• No, keep the pick

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AyyoCully

Oct 14, 2019
Anderson and Dvorak for 7thOA is horrible for us. And we take Lekkerimaki ? The guy with skating issues we hope becomes tje next Michael Ryder?

No thanks. Take Wright or Cooley no.1. At 26th and 33rd maybe we get Ostlund, Mateychuk, Rinzel etc. Great draft.

And we still need good vets to play. This does sound like a 13 year old building a team on play station.
Lekkerimaki is actually an above average skater from what I’ve seen of him, but yeah I agree we need to keep some decent vets to play with Nick and Cole (Drouin, Hoffman, Armia don’t count)

Though 7th overall is enticing.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
The sum of what the Habs could get by trading both, in seperate deals > 7th overall pick.

What's worse...there's a suggestion the Habs throw in their 26th or 33rd overall pick?

That ain't it man lol.

That's what Zaitsev was supposed to do in Ottawa and it's been a disaster.

Hard pass on that proposed deal.
We're not looking to win. Just have someone that can log minutes, go in the press box sometimes, and perhaps permanently if a kid proves himself. It's salary back to make the 7th OVR possible... anyway, not a proposal, but just postulating that it could be a guy to offset salaries.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Lekkerimaki is actually an above average skater from what I’ve seen of him, but yeah I agree we need to keep some decent vets to play with Nick and Cole (Drouin, Hoffman, Armia don’t count)

Though 7th overall is enticing.

...Mr. Ed is still there, as is Lord Byron (for now)...Gallagher is still fighting the good fight (and falling apart doing it)...doesn't that cheer anyone up??...:laugh:

Expos94

May 13, 2022
Next year Habs get a top 5 pick. The year after, they get a top 10. Then Dvorak is in his last year. What’s the point? Better get something now.
Because he's a solid hockey player. Great on draws , good defensively and can put up 50 points a year . Who are you going to get in exchange for him that can do that ?

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Because he's a solid hockey player. Great on draws , good defensively and can put up 50 points a year . Who are you going to get in exchange for him that can do that ?
He can’t get 50 pts in a full season. He has never done it. Why would that change after 350+ NHL games ?

Do you know how many players breakout after 350+ games?

Not many and the ones that do are mostly very big guys (6’4’’ +) that needed extra time to fill their bodies.

You are assuming he can produce 50 pts based on a hot streak.

He is not that good defensively. Look at his advanced stats. He had trouble driving possession last year against fairly easy opposition (Evans was much better)

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Should have been traded in 2020 along with Tatar,Danault,Gallagher.

We would be setup for the next decade but instead only Kovalchuk was traded.
The cup run was nice and all, no lie. But having like 4 bluechip kids coming up right now, along with Wright...

Reactions: the

Garry Valk

Feb 27, 2002
thedrivefortwentyfive.blogspot.com
Anderson and Dvorak for 7thOA is horrible for us. And we take Lekkerimaki ? The guy with skating issues we hope becomes tje next Michael Ryder?

No thanks. Take Wright or Cooley no.1. At 26th and 33rd maybe we get Ostlund, Mateychuk, Rinzel etc. Great draft.

And we still need good vets to play. This does sound like a 13 year old building a team on play station.
Seemed pretty clear from what I heard on TSN radio this aft it would be Anderson OR Dvorak and the late first rounder. Not both guys.

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
Next moves should be to get rid of one or two of Drouin, Armia, Hoffman, Dadonov or Poehling. (and buy out Byron)
no buyouts, need the cap space in upcoming years,besides byron will be on injured reserve most of the season, worse case scenerio put him on waivers, maybe drouin also if he sucks this year, or is not on injured reserve.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Basu on TSN spitballing was curious about something like 26th, Anderson and Petry to Philly for the 5th overall. Might be able to get a franchise D man at that number.

In my head all the people calling this draft weak, are reaching. I really don't see how you can judge these kids when they missed so much hockey from this COVID nonsense. They all have so much more room for development compared to most years.
They cannot take 12 mil in… they might be able to get a franchise d too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad