Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread #78

Would you consider trading down out of the Top 3?

• Yes I would trade down

• No, keep the pick

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Last thread was at 3k posts. Off-season has officially started, so time for a new thread.

Big rumours:

1. Lots of interest in Anderson

2. Petry trade - there's interest from 3-4 teams

3. Montreal may be or not looking for a goalie? Interest in Samsonov?

4. We're trying to get another 1st Round pick in the 6-21 range. How?

5. We'll add another veteran D if Petry goes. UFA? Trade?

Discuss.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
i do think Anderson will get traded at the draft or right before it,we need cap and have too many wingers

I can't see Hughes assuming Price will be on LTIR, only to have to move someone last minute if he is...

If we move Anderson it will probably be at the draft or after free agency for teams that miss out. But there are a TON of UFA wingers available this summer that put up more points than Anderson.

Reactions: Nico Cauzuki

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
If Habs pick Slafkovsky, they need to trade up at draft for a pretty good C and if they pick Wright or Cooley, they need to trade up for a pretty good winger.

That's it, that's all.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
i do think Anderson will get traded at the draft or right before it,we need cap and have too many wingers

We definitely have too many RW. Armia shouldn't be on 4th line, which he is if we go: Caufield, Anderson, Gallagher.

Then on LW we have: Hoffman, Drouin, Dadonov, Pitlick, Pezzetta, Byron.

There's zero room for RHP, Ylonen or anyone else to get a look.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
We definitely have too many RW. Armia shouldn't be on 4th line, which he is if we go: Caufield, Anderson, Gallagher.

Then on LW we have: Hoffman, Drouin, Dadonov, Pitlick, Pezzetta, Byron.

There's zero room for RHP, Ylonen or anyone else to get a look.

Looks like plenty of available jobs to me.

Reactions: First Line

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Wingers I’d trade before Anderson.
- Everyone not named Cole Caufield.

...yeah, I luv me some Andy, but we may not have much of a choice, especially if someone like the Isles or Philly want to blow their load on him...I trust HuGo (so far) to make the long-game smart moves...and if that means trading anyone and everyone not in the young core, so be it...

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I would be thrilled to get another top 10 pick and ecstatic if somehow we can get #2 OVR without losing Caufield, Suzuki or Romanov.

Moving Anderson is tough - I like the player - I just don't think we're competing within his current contract and anymore injuries might take away any remaining value.

Reactions: Canadienna

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
...yeah, I luv me some Andy, but we may not have much of a choice, especially if someone like the Isles or Philly want to blow their load on him...I trust HuGo (so far) to make the long-game smart moves...and if that means trading anyone and everyone not in the young core, so be it...
I’m not against trading anyone either but return would have to be amazing.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...Petry gone to get Dallas' 18th OA...Andy goes to NYI for 13th OA...Hoffman, 13th OA, & 18th OA for Philly's 5th OA or Jersey's 2nd OA...sound anywhere close??...:dunno:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
...any thoughts on offer-sheeting Kakko??...:dunno:
That would be a huge NO from me. Not interested in giving up the Habs 2023 1st round pick at all.

Can you imagine if they offersheeted Kakko for an amount the NYR wouldn't match forcing you to lose at the very least your 2023 1st and 2023 3rd. You have another terrible season next year and you end up winning the lottery and get the 1st overall pick again and you'll have to sit and watch the NYR draft 1st next year using your pick. 😭

What an absolute disaster that scenario would end up being.

Last edited:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
That would be a huge NO from me. Not interested in giving up the Habs 2023 1st round pick at all.

Can you imagine if they offersheeted Kakko for an amount the NYR wouldn't match forcing you to lose at the very least your 2023 1st and 2023 3rd. You have another terrible season next year and you end up winning the lottery and get the 1st overall pick again and you'll have to sit and watch the NYR draft 1st next year using your pick. 😭

What an absolute disaster that scenario would end up being.

...think you're over-estimating what the Rags could match...somewhere in the higher 2nd Rounder value is where I was going with this thought...

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
...think you're over-estimating what the Rags could match...somewhere in the higher 2nd Rounder value is where I was going with this thought...
That would be an OS for less than 4.2 million and I see the NYR matching that without thinking twice about it and moving out other salary to make it work if need be.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Yeah - that worked out real good the last time we offer sheeted someone

...and two totally different scenarios...with two totally different managements...

That would be an OS for less than 4.2 million and I see the NYR matching that without thinking twice about it and moving out other salary to make it work if need be.

...dunno...they sat him in their Elimination game and need a #2C in a bad way, as far as priorities go...just a thought that we may be able to nab him for a 2nd...:thumbu:

Reactions: sheed36

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
To not give up our 1st we would have to make an OS at less then $4.1m and Rangers can easily match that.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I doubt the Habs risk their 2023 first rounder for Kakko. Habs could go with a lower offer and only give up a second rounder, but Rangers most likely match. No sense burning bridges for nothing.

...Rags have 12m in Cap room with 9 forwards, 5 defensemen, and 1 goalie signed with Laf & Miller due big raises next offseason and need an impact #2C in a bad way...might be the best time to take advantage of them on a player they seem to be down on...again, just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad