Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread #78

Would you consider trading down out of the Top 3?

• Yes I would trade down

• No, keep the pick

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
wonder why the teams picking 8th, 9th, 10th, haven't already traded for such a stud like Anderson then.
Draft hasn't started yet.There won't be any deals until teams see if the player they are looking for or has been picked already.Only then will teams move up or down.What is the use trading for pick # 7 today when you don't even know if the player will be there?

SGHabs

May 5, 2022
If Nemec is still available and we draft Wright, I’m willing to trade Anderson and Dvorak for 7th. Otherwise, not so much.

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Expos94

May 13, 2022
Yes, adding a 7th overall while clearing $10M in cap for two players who will not factor into our long-term success would be a master stroke by HuGo.

I agree with you that it will never happen, so I'm happy to move on to other topics.
Dvorak is only 26 , he could be our 3rd line center when we start to compete

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Dvorak is only 26 , he could be our 3rd line center when we start to compete

Dvorak only has 3 years left on his contract, Id be surprised if the Habs are competing in that time period (maybe his last year). There is just too many holes in the roster right now.

Reactions: Runner77

ML16

Aug 28, 2020
Montreal
The Habs could conceivably get young/recently drafted players and/or a combination of picks, for both players.

Sorry but that's worth more from an assets perspective than one lone 7th overall pick.

Even if it were to only be picks in the 20th to 32nd range.

I'd rather have

1st, 20th, 26th and 32nd (not to mention our 33rd pick that already belongs to us which is essentially another 1st)

Than

1st, 7th and no 33rd

But that's just me.

I partially concur with your assessment; in this particular draft, adding 2 mid/late 1st rounders (#20-32 range) would most likely be best than trading up from #26 to #7, in the grand scheme of things.

If Nemec/Jiricek are still on the board at #7 however, it changes things a little. Acquiring a potential 1st pairing RHD would fill a crucial organizational need in the rebuild; it could hopefully complete a quite promising top-4 of Romanov-RHD1 ; Guhle-Barron in 5 years or so. And there’s no other top-10 projected RHD prospect this draft - nor in next year’s draft - so even more opportune to pull the trigger if circumstances are right, as defensemen take more time to develop.

This being said, if the price to pay for #7 is Anderson + Petry + #26, no way in hell is it worth it for the Habs (nor probably Ottawa, cap-wise, unless there’s a UFA-to-be cap dump in the initial proposal I guess?).

If Ottawa wants to pry away Anderson from a divisional rival and put #7 on the table for him, I don’t think there should be any other significant asset (maybe a 1-2 early mid-round picks, since Montreal has 8 in-between the 2nd and 4th rounds) coming along either way from a Habs perspective since there’s essentially no need to trade Anderson at this stage, unless if it’s for what some (most?) would consider an « overpayment », and all, « an offer that cannot be refused ».

Reactions: 417

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Just for the fun of it, not even sure I would make it...who says no (I think it would be Ottawa)

Habs : 2nd overall + 37th overall
New Jersey: Josh Anderson + 7th overall
Ottawa: Dvorak + Mailloux + 26th overall

Reactions: jaffy27

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
Just for the fun of it, not even sure I would make it...who says no (I think it would be Ottawa)

That’s actually not bad value. I bet NJ would accept. Habs would be crazy not too.

And Ottawa you never know. Not bad value for #7. Basically 3 firsts back.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
That’s actually not bad value. I bet NJ would accept. Habs would be crazy not too.

And Ottawa you never know. Not bad value for #7. Basically 3 firsts back.

Yeah, NJD and Habs should be good with this (Habs also clear close to 10 millions in the process)
Dvorak + Mailloux to drop 19 spots in the 1st round.....just really not sure

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

It’s a trade “proposal” thread, you can “propose” whatever you want :)

I like the it!

Reactions: Milhouse40

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Anderson and Dvorak for 7thOA is horrible for us. And we take Lekkerimaki ? The guy with skating issues we hope becomes tje next Michael Ryder?

No thanks. Take Wright or Cooley no.1. At 26th and 33rd maybe we get Ostlund, Mateychuk, Rinzel etc. Great draft.

And we still need good vets to play. This does sound like a 13 year old building a team on play station.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Engels has really been channeling his inner Darren Dreger lately.

“Petry could be on the move, but he also may not be. If he does get trades, it may or may not be on draft weekend. If not draft weekend, maybe later this summer. But maybe not. A team like Detroit or Dallas could be interested. But they also may not be. Also, Price may play but he may not. We don’t know but it could happen. Also, not sure if it’ll be Wright or Slafkovsky but it could be either of them. Could also be Cooley but not sure.”

Thanks for the updates, Eric!
Eric is a what a be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad