Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 47

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Id do KK, poehling, brook, domi, 1st and probably more. I just love eichel and and he is a legitimate franchise center

As high as I would go (See below). Two proven and young NHL pieces in Domi and Mete. 3 very valuable picks. And a Prospect. If they ask for any one of our grade A prospects, the package changes. I'd fight hard to keep both Kotkaniemi and Romanov. Caufield I could trade but one of the 1st is off the table.

2020 1st
2021 1st (no protection)
2020 2nd
Domi
Poehling
Mete

However, this is a bigger dream than Tavares people. Fun to talk about it but Sabres not going to trade Eichel. Do we have a past example? 23 year old center touching prime years, over a pt/game, and has little flaws to his game?

Reactions: Habitant le colon

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
As high as I would go (See below). Two proven and young NHL pieces in Domi and Mete. 3 very valuable picks. And a Prospect. If they ask for any one of our grade A prospects, the package changes. I'd fight hard to keep both Kotkaniemi and Romanov. Caufield I could trade but one of the 1st is off the table.

2020 1st
2021 1st (no protection)
2020 2nd
Domi
Poehling
Mete

However, this is a bigger dream than Tavares people. Fun to talk about it but Sabres not going to trade Eichel. Do we have a past example? 23 year old center touching prime years, over a pt/game, and has little flaws to his game?

to be honest?? I’d make everybody disponible for Eichel. My only restriction would be that they would have to take One of Domi/Drouin in the deal has we would need a big contract to go the other way.

after that, Sabres pick 2 assets of the following (grade A):
Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, Caufield, Romanov, 2020 1st, 2021 1st

then 2 assets of the following (Grade B) :
Mete, Lehkonen, Fleury, Juulsen, Ylonen, Poehling, Harris, Struble, 2020 2nds, 2021 2nd, etc

that way you make sure Sabres get what they want/need and you get your franchise center.

I think Buffalo would probably go for :

Domi
KK/Suzuki
2020 1st
Mete
Poehling

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
to be honest?? I’d make everybody disponible for Eichel. My only restriction would be that they would have to take One of Domi/Drouin in the deal has we would need a big contract to go the other way.

Mete, Lehkonen, Fleury, Juulsen, Ylonen, Poehling, Harris, Struble, 2020 2nds, 2021 2nd, etc

that way you make sure Sabres get what they want/need and you get your franchise center.

Domi
KK/Suzuki
2020 1st
Mete
Poehling

That's a lot. What would the remaining roster look like?

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Eichel-Armia
Drouin- Suzuki-Junk
Junk-Junk-Junk

Weber-Chiarot
Petry-Romanov
Juulsen-Junk

Price
Junk

ETA: I forgot that they might resign Radulov.

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Eichel-Armia
Drouin- Suzuki-Junk
Junk-Junk-Junk

Weber-Chiarot
Petry-Romanov
Juulsen-Junk

Price
Junk

This guy puts Eichel on the second line :help:
People need to stop obsessing about that "1st line cuz metrics", it has brought us nowhere.
You gotta at least try Drouin with Eichel, too.

That 4th line and 3rd LHD were already "junk" (Kulak, Evans, Weal) before the proposed trade - and that's what they're expected to be.
Although the prospect price is steep (Kotkaniemi, 8OA, Poehling if you insist), we're talking Eichel here. He's one crazy good, curly mofo.

Reactions: jaffy27

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If the sabres trade Eichel it will be for a 1 for 1 or 1 for 2. They arent going to trade him for quantity (3+ pieces).

A player like Barzal, Scheifele, Laine, etc. would be coming back if he was to be traded.

So we definitely dont have what it takes to get Eichel.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Domi
KK/Suzuki

2020 1st
Mete
Poehling

That's FOUR Cs in the same trade. It makes absolutely no sense. IMO, you need to go by position to limit the rape factor.

One of Suzuki or KK, one of Domi or Poehling, two Cs, tops. The 2020 1st, if it's top-8, is likely another C.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
If the sabres trade Eichel it will be for a 1 for 1 or 1 for 2. They arent going to trade him for quantity (3+ pieces).

A player like Barzal, Scheifele, Laine, etc. would be coming back if he was to be traded.

I kinda disagree, they arent close to contending. Even though giving them multiple pieces is quantity players like kk, domi, poehling, and 1st round picks are not bad quality. Its not like a 1 for 1 will help them more example barzal is not making the Sabres a better team

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I kinda disagree, they arent close to contending. Even though giving them multiple pieces is quantity players like kk, domi, poehling, and 1st round picks are not bad quality. Its not like a 1 for 1 will help them more example barzal is not making the Sabres a better team

If they trade Eichel its not because they arent close to being contender. Its because Eichel would have asked for a trade.

Unless KK and/or the 1st round pick reach their potential, a Barzal would help the sabres much more. They arent going to want potential when trading a young franchise player.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Domi
KK/Suzuki
2020 1st
Mete
Poehling

I'd try my best to keep Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, and Romanov out of it but yeah... franchise center at 23? I agree. Nobody is untouchable. Problem is this though... what happens if Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, and Romanov turn into stars as well? Outside chance yes but possible.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
I'd try my best to keep Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, and Romanov out of it but yeah... franchise center at 23? I agree. Nobody is untouchable. Problem is this though... what happens if Kotkaniemi, Suzuki, and Romanov turn into stars as well? Outside chance yes but possible.

Now you bring back the OS idea with 1st 1st 2nd 3rd

For Barzal lets say. Not as good but the other asset you have keep growing to peak at the same time...

I think with our 1st this year and Barzal + kk Sus Rom, we would be in a better shape in 2-3 years

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014

For Barzal lets say. Not as good but the other asset you have keep growing to peak at the same time...

I think with our 1st this year and Barzal + kk Sus Rom, we would be in a better shape in 2-3 years

I agree, but the only way to get him is to offer the money that imply 4 x 1st. No way NYI let him go for 10,5M$.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Islanders not going to let Barzal go. Not after Loosing Tavaras for nothing. They will trade us Leddy for $25 cents on the dollar if they have too.

Leddy for a 2nd and 3rd. Or Leddy for Kulak and a 2nd. Habs should be sending a contract the other way if you add a LD.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I agree, but the only way to get him is to offer the money that imply 4 x 1st. No way NYI let him go for 10,5M$.

Barzal is a dream. Doubt Bergevin even goes after him. Islanders will likely trade Leddy. Or they could trade their 1st for someone to buy out Boychuk. High cap hit for two years but actual money to buy him out is low at $1.67M. Cap floor teams would be interested in this

ztL0gZE.jpg

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Eichel-Armia
Drouin- Suzuki-Junk
Junk-Junk-Junk

Weber-Chiarot
Petry-Romanov
Juulsen-Junk

Price
Junk

Radulov? Or do you mean kovalchuk?

Reactions: DAChampion

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Barzal is a dream. Doubt Bergevin even goes after him. Islanders will likely trade Leddy. Or they could trade their 1st for someone to buy out Boychuk. High cap hit for two years but actual money to buy him out is low at $1.67M. Cap floor teams would be interested in this

ztL0gZE.jpg

I agree the chances are slim, like getting Eichel.

I was pondering the difference between current asset growing vs emptying the pool

The only team that has RFA and cap issue is TB, but how much is worth Sergachev to grab him but not overpay him

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

I assume that one of Suzuki or Kotkaniemi would go the other way.

Reactions: Benstheman

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I agree the chances are slim, like getting Eichel.

I was pondering the difference between current asset growing vs emptying the pool

The only team that has RFA and cap issue is TB, but how much is worth Sergachev to grab him but not overpay him

Islanders and Blues will have cap issues as well. Not as bad of a situation as Tampa though.

Personally, I'm not afraid of a team accepting our offer. Offer the $6.3M threshold, see if he signs it, and if he does and Tampa matches, so be it. Going higher than that would be very aggressive and risky cause future picks could be lottery

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

If Eichel forces his way out, Buffalo wouldn't be able to trade him one for one. They'd probably rather not move him in division, so there's very little chance Montreal could get him, but its unlikely they could return a Barzal/Scheifele for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad