Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 47

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
While not too common, hopefully if Montreal is going to trade picks for next year picks they can trade an early 4th (or 5th) for a pick in the round just before next year.

So, a 4th this year for a 3rd next year. A team that's good might take it.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
I would seriously vomit if we traded for Vlasic. Even if Alzner goes the other way. We already have Price and Weber’s contracts to deal with. Why?

That would be $10.5M + $7.8M + $7M = ~$25M / $84M cap space tied up in aging (and almost completely unmovable, except Weber because NSH is on the hook for early retirement) assets. Not to mention Vlasic doesn’t move any needle for us

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I would seriously vomit if we traded for Vlasic. Even if Alzner goes the other way. We already have Price and Weber’s contracts to deal with. Why?

That would be $10.5M + $7.8M + $7M = ~$25M / $84M cap space tied up in aging (and almost completely unmovable, except Weber because NSH is on the hook for early retirement) assets. Not to mention Vlasic doesn’t move any needle for us
I dont see any players that habs could fit to trade for Vlasic

Alzner would need atleast to be in the trade and someone like Price or Weber.

Imaging having 2 turtles as ur top 2 d-mans who are paid 7m+ and are hardly declining.

The fact that Bergevin looked up for him disgusts me.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
I dont see any players that habs could fit to trade for Vlasic

Alzner would need atleast to be in the trade and someone like Price or Weber.

Imaging having 2 turtles as ur top 2 d-mans who are paid 7m+ and are hardly declining.

The fact that Bergevin looked up for him disgusts me.

I completely agree. I don’t know if i’m that much of a masochist to embrace Bergevin wilin’ on any more dumpster fire contracts. Like seriously this must be a smokescreen?

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Unless the Sharks are adding their 1st next year and also take on Alzner, I want nothing to do with that contract.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
That’s what I said. But for a rebuilding team who don’t need the cap, why would they do that? I’d keep Alzner as long as they lowered his cap hit to $5M and added Merkley or a 2021 1st.

Pending the overall deal, this could be palatable.

I’ll ask genuinely though, do we think that we can afford everyone moving forward if the cap is realistically going to stay around $84M? Not specifically our FAs in 2020/2021 but rather the following years we are going to need room for Suzuki, Caufield and anyone else who might surprise and command a large deal. I don’t have the answer but just thinking I’d rather save money for the future rather than price ourselves out of our future *core*. We only get our stud young guys cheap for 3 years so realistically we could be paying big bucks for Caufield if he plans out as expected by 2024

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Pending the overall deal, this could be palatable.

I’ll ask genuinely though, do we think that we can afford everyone moving forward if the cap is realistically going to stay around $84M? Not specifically our FAs in 2020/2021 but rather the following years we are going to need room for Suzuki, Caufield and anyone else who might surprise and command a large deal. I don’t have the answer but just thinking I’d rather save money for the future rather than price ourselves out of our future *core*. We only get our stud young guys cheap for 3 years so realistically we could be paying big bucks for Caufield if he plans out as expected by 2024
I would hope the large stable of young, cheap prospects would be able to push out their older more expensive counter parts. That and cap management should allow us to be fine.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
So it does mean that around 47, 000 messages have been posted in these threads . I would be curious to know how many times a fan proposed a trade that actually happens :laugh:

I don’t know if it’s here but I remember that I saw a proposal Ryder vs Cole and 1 week later the trade happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad