Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 47

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Id heavily consider it 2 chances at a lottery pick or two top 10 picks at worst is nothing to sneeze at.

Sabres would not trade the pick without lottery protection. Basically would come down to Domi for one of Raymond, Rossi, or Perfetti or Sanderson.

I do like the idea of getting both the Sweden Terror Twins though.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
None of those players should make a difference if we lose them to the overall roster. Every team will lose a useful player, it's the nature of the expansion draft. Suck it up and accept it.

Hard to predict how good or bad Mete, Juulsen, or Fleury would be. Lehkonen is 25 next year so he is who he is at this point. A hard working fast skating bottom 6 winger.

Another year to see Mete, Juulsen, and Fleury will help.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Hard to predict how good Mete, Juulsen, or Fleury would be. Lehkonen is 25 next year so he is who he is at this point. A hard working fast skating bottom 6 winger.
I hear you but the fact is that the vast majority of times, it's not as big a deal as we all make it out to be. Remember the Hudon or Emelin freak out? Neither made a difference either way. Just saying it is what it is and most times, it's not a big deal.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I hear you but the fact is that the vast majority of times, it's not as big a deal as we all make it out to be. Remember the Hudon or Emelin freak out? Neither made a difference either way. Just saying it is what it is and most times, it's not a big deal.

I don't remember our fan base freaking out between Hudon or Emelin to be honest. Lots of talk but the majority of our fan base were ok with who we were going to loose. This time around, it's similar but I think I would prefer to loose Lehkonen vs Mete, Juulsen, or Fleury

Reactions: Frank JT

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I don't remember our fan base freaking out between Hudon or Emelin to be honest. Lots of talk but the majority of our fan base were ok with who we were going to loose. This time around, it's similar but I think I would prefer to loose Lehkonen vs Mete, Juulsen, or Fleury
I do. Hudon was a star in the making, Emelin was a top 4 beast who we couldn't let go of and didn't have anyone to replace him etc. Go back to that thread and take a look. It's great for a hindsight laugh.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I do. Hudon was a star in the making, Emelin was a top 4 beast who we couldn't let go of and didn't have anyone to replace him etc. Go back to that thread and take a look. It's great for a hindsight laugh.
I do recall people being more upset about Hudon tbh. I think a lot of people had already given up on Emelin by then (although he did an honest job when he was paired with Weber).

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Honestly I don't recall Hudon being thought of a star in the making. There might have been a few posts to that nature, but I don't think that this was the consensus view.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Honestly I don't recall Hudon being thought of a star in the making. There might have been a few posts to that nature, but I don't think that this was the consensus view.

Probably a few fans who still had hopes in Hudon but I also don't recall it being pushed that hard in all fairness to them

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
About the same as with Mete, Fleury etc. nowadays. That’s the point I was trying to make. The players we’ll lose likely won’t be difference makers anyways, so not worth worrying about it. Lots of teams will lose much better players than us.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I do recall people being more upset about Hudon tbh. I think a lot of people had already given up on Emelin by then (although he did an honest job when he was paired with Weber).

Upset? What I remember is some didn't want to loose him but I don't recall it being a major loss. The minority don't represent our fan base. I think some still thought Hudon could become a middle 6 forward.

Could be wrong though and whoever fought hard to not loose Hudon was off the rails

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Upset? What I remember is some didn't want to loose him but I don't recall it being a major loss. The minority don't represent our fan base. I think some still thought Hudon could become a middle 6 forward.

Could be wrong though and whoever fought hard to not loose Hudon was off the rails
People thought it was a massive blunder on their part and that we'd regret it. There was a lot of unhappy people regarding the Benn vs Beaulieu situation too thinking it was shortsighted on our part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad