Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 47

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Won't get us no Eichel. The only thing we could trade for him that Buffalo considers would be a Carey Price in his prime. Which we don't really have.
We don't really have anything of value to match with Jack Eichel.
Our most valued assets imo are Nick Suzuki, Shea Weber & Carey Price.

Buffalo won't trade him for one, so might as well look elsewhere.
If he does get traded, there's 30 other clubs calling to see what's the price.
We'll be outbidded easily.

dont know, stars have been dealt for less
Trade like this do happen a lot
Ryan O`Reilly
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
July 1, 2018
Vladimir Sobotka
Patrik Berglund
Tage Thompson
2019 1st round pick
2021 2nd round pick
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I would give a serious package to get Eichel!! That’s exactly the kind of player this team needs for the last 20 years!!

Domi+KK+Romanov would be my starting bid
Start with 2020 1st, 2021 1st, Suzuki and Romanov and maybe they don't immediately hang up (but still probably do)

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Its always Price to Colorado
It is hard to trade him, other than Seattle

Carey Price for Ryan Johanson, Pekka Rinne, Devils 2nd round

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Start with 2020 1st, 2021 1st, Suzuki and Romanov and maybe they don't immediately hang up (but still probably do)

Imo KK still worth more then Suzuki even if i LOVE Suz and Domi probably worth at least a first round pick so i wouldn’t have any problem offering 2x1st Suzuki+ Romanov.

If Buffalo hangs up, they better just say that Eichel is untouchable because i doubt they would get a better offer then that. Some teams just can’t afford the cap hit and other just dont have the prospects(if thats what they’re looking for) so if he’s on the market i think the Habs would be part of the front runners to acquire him.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
dont know, stars have been dealt for less
Trade like this do happen a lot
Ryan O`Reilly
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
July 1, 2018
Vladimir Sobotka
Patrik Berglund
Tage Thompson
2019 1st round pick
2021 2nd round pick
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I agree but anytime a proven player like this is discussed here then it is a big no if it involves a 1st round pick or who we think is a good prospect. MB was trying to get ROR and if I am not mistaken the rumoured deal included Poehling. And everybody was freaking out cause MB was going to trade our prized centre prospect for an older slower player.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I agree but anytime a proven player like this is discussed here then it is a big no if it involves a 1st round pick or who we think is a good prospect. MB was trying to get ROR and if I am not mistaken the rumoured deal included Poehling. And everybody was freaking out cause MB was going to trade our prized centre prospect for an older slower player.
Well, that's because many posters thought Poehling was going to give KK a run for the center position. Ironically, they were probably right. For the #3 center spot.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

It's always a game of moving goal posts to suit one need -- Crapping on the Hab organization, thick and through.

When there were talks of trying to acquire ROR, Bergevin was a moron. ROR was not a top-6 C. Now, St-Louis won the Cup with ROR and Bergevin is a moron not to have given up more than St-Louis gave up to get ROR.

I give up...

Reactions: Sterling Archer

habstradamus

Jul 1, 2018
Brussels, Belgium

I think the offer you are making is legit but not if your are MB at this stage of the rebuild. He has too much invested in the retool to throw away his budding young prospects.

Based on what MB has done in recent past I would venture to say he would consider the following:
  • 1st, 2nd, 3rd, as MB was willing to give this away in the Seb Aho Offer sheet
  • Suzuky and Romanov are branded to MB; they will never leave.
  • I could see him shed with some A-/B prospects (Poeling, Harris, Brook, Hillis, Fleury, etc...) and
  • one of his smaller good/very good players (Domi, Drouin, Byron, Tartar, ...)
I would try therefore try
  • 2020 1st, 2nd 2021 (not ours if possible; as I want to preserve this for potential RFA OS), 2020 3rd.
  • Poeling, Fleury
  • Domi
This only works of course if the Sabres are willing to move on from from Eichel as they did with ROR.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Habs would definitely have the pieces to trade for Eichel. However, Sabres not going to trade him. If you can't re-build around Eichel and Dahlin, you might as well fold the franchise

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I think the offer you are making is legit but not if your are MB at this stage of the rebuild. He has too much invested in the retool to throw away his budding young prospects.

Based on what MB has done in recent past I would venture to say he would consider the following:
  • 1st, 2nd, 3rd, as MB was willing to give this away in the Seb Aho Offer sheet
  • Suzuky and Romanov are branded to MB; they will never leave.
  • I could see him shed with some A-/B prospects (Poeling, Harris, Brook, Hillis, Fleury, etc...) and
  • one of his smaller good/very good players (Domi, Drouin, Byron, Tartar, ...)
I would try therefore try
  • 2020 1st, 2nd 2021 (not ours if possible; as I want to preserve this for potential RFA OS), 2020 3rd.
  • Poeling, Fleury
  • Domi
This only works of course if the Sabres are willing to move on from from Eichel as they did with ROR.
Habs would definitely have the pieces to trade for Eichel. However, Sabres not going to trade him. If you can't re-build around Eichel and Dahlin, you might as well fold the franchise

Yeah I wouldn't make this offer, not worth it for the Habs, just saying that it would take at least this for Buffalo to even listen imo

Reactions: Habs Icing

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah I wouldn't make this offer, not worth it for the Habs, just saying that it would take at least this for Buffalo to even listen imo

It would be a massive negotiation if the Sabres moved Eichel in a trade. Lots of teams would be interested and it would be a bidding war. If the Habs wanted him badly, we could be front runners with the assets we have in our prospect pool and the picks we have.

What would it take? Not sure but it would be a lot

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
It would be a massive negotiation if the Sabres moved Eichel in a trade. Lots of teams would be interested and it would be a bidding war. If the Habs wanted him badly, we could be front runners with the assets we have in our prospect pool and the picks we have.

What would it take? Not sure but it would be a lot

Especially to division rival ! I’m sure they would try to trade him in the west first

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Id do KK, poehling, brook, domi, 1st and probably more. I just love eichel and and he is a legitimate franchise center

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Id do KK, poehling, brook, domi, 1st and probably more. I just love eichel and and he is a legitimate franchise center

Hell, so would I. With Eichel, we could actually have a chance at signing Hall, then. In the short run, we could see this with coalfield coming up and being surrounded like other teams do:

Hall - Eichel - Caufield (Elite offensive line)
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher (Two-way shutdown line)
Drouin - Suzuki - Armia (Offensive exploitation line)
Lehkonen - Evans - Ylonen

With Montreal trading Mete + for Leddy, it would be worthwhile to re-sign Petry (something I'd have been totally against otherwise) as Montreal could compete immediately and for the next three or four years, easily.

Leddy - Weber
Romanov - Petry
Chiarot - Juulsen/Fleury

Price
Primeau

How good would that be!?

Only problem is we'd be something like 5-10M over the Cap if all the youngsters hit their full bonuses ;)

Danault getting 5M like Pageau would now actually hurt but, the C-line would have lost all three of Kotkaniemi, Domi and Poehling.

Including Poehling in the trade would hurt our roster flexibility under the Cap, IMO. So, maybe the trade should be structured to include Danault, rather than Poehling, whose salary can be more controlled in the short to medium term, especially if you go for a more traditional 3rd line by sacrificing Tatar as well in a trade elsewhere to bring back some more futures that will be necessary to keep juggling the Cap.

Hall - Eichel - Caufield (9M + 10M +3.5M = 23M, with almost full bonuses to Caufield)
Drouin - Suzuki - Gallagher (5.5M + 3.5M + 6M = 15M, including almost full bonuses for Suzuki)
Byron - Poehling - Armia (3.4M + 2M + 2.6M = 8M, including partial bonuses for Poehling)
Lehkonen - Evans - Ylonen (2.4M +1.1M + 1.5M = 5M, including partial bonuses for Evans and Ylonen

Forwards = 51M

Leddy - Weber (5.5M + 7.86M = 13.36M)
Romanov - Petry (2.5M + 5M = 7.5M, with new 5M contract for Petry and partial bonus for Romanov)
Chiarot - Juulsen/Fleury (3.5M + 863K = 4.438M)

Defensemen = 25,25M

Price (10.5M)
Primeau (925K)

Total Goalies = 11.425M

Total = 87.675M

With a flat Cap at 82M, Montreal is still a little over 5M past the cap ceiling -- And that's only with a 20-man roster and no injury reserve.

The only way this could work out is if Montreal goes with a youngster like Primeau and another youngster for a G platoon and dishes price off to Seattle at the expansion draft, or something like that.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Hell, so would I. With Eichel, we could actually have a chance at signing Hall, then. In the short run, we could see this with coalfield coming up and being surrounded like other teams do:

Hall - Eichel - Caufield (Elite offensive line)
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher (Two-way shutdown line)
Drouin - Suzuki - Armia (Offensive exploitation line)
Lehkonen - Evans - Ylonen

With Montreal trading Mete + for Leddy, it would be worthwhile to re-sign Petry (something I'd have been totally against otherwise) as Montreal could compete immediately and for the next three or four years, easily.

Leddy - Weber
Romanov - Petry
Chiarot - Juulsen/Fleury

Price
Primeau

How good would that be!?

Only problem is we'd be something like 5-10M over the Cap if all the youngsters hit their full bonuses ;)

Danault getting 5M like Pageau would now actually hurt but, the C-line would have lost all three of Kotkaniemi, Domi and Poehling.

Including Poehling in the trade would hurt our roster flexibility under the Cap, IMO. So, maybe the trade should be structured to include Danault, rather than Poehling, whose salary can be more controlled in the short to medium term, especially if you go for a more traditional 3rd line by sacrificing Tatar as well in a trade elsewhere to bring back some more futures that will be necessary to keep juggling the Cap.

Hall - Eichel - Caufield (9M + 10M +3.5M = 23M, with almost full bonuses to Caufield)
Drouin - Suzuki - Gallagher (5.5M + 3.5M + 6M = 15M, including almost full bonuses for Suzuki)
Byron - Poehling - Armia (3.4M + 2M + 2.6M = 8M, including partial bonuses for Poehling)
Lehkonen - Evans - Ylonen (2.4M +1.1M + 1.5M = 5M, including partial bonuses for Evans and Ylonen

Forwards = 51M

Leddy - Weber (5.5M + 7.86M = 13.36M)
Romanov - Petry (2.5M + 5M = 7.5M, with new 5M contract for Petry and partial bonus for Romanov)
Chiarot - Juulsen/Fleury (3.5M + 863K = 4.438M)

Defensemen = 25,25M

Price (10.5M)
Primeau (925K)

Total Goalies = 11.425M

Total = 87.675M

With a flat Cap at 82M, Montreal is still a little over 5M past the cap ceiling -- And that's only with a 20-man roster and no injury reserve.

The only way this could work out is if Montreal goes with a youngster like Primeau and another youngster for a G platoon and dishes price off to Seattle at the expansion draft, or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad