Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Friedman saying Trocheck May be available for a dman

Can we dangle Petry + for Torchek + Borgstrom?

Then

Domi for Dumba

Tallon should have been more aggressive last couple of years but he has been hoping for the prospects to impact the team. Time is up I would say.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
The patience ? Sabres gave him 20min a game from the get go. I'm tired with people comparing the development of our prospects with super talented ones like Eichel, McDavid and cie. We NEVER had a prospect close to the talent Eichel has... well, not since Lafleur.
We didn’t give Lafleur 20min of ice time either... Pretty sure he rode the bench for the first 2 years.

Reactions: MTL-rules

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Friedman saying Trocheck May be available for a dman

Can we dangle Petry + for Torchek + Borgstrom?

Then

Domi for Dumba
Trocheck is a UFA in 2 seasons, don't really see where he fits and Borgstrom appears to be busting

Would rather go for a 1st and a top LHD prospect for Petry. Ok with Domi for Dumba

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Trades is actually the only thing MB had a little sucess doing as a GM
Summer of 2016 says hello! That was the single, most pathetic summer ever (save from signing Radulov to a 1-year deal).

A close runner up to that is Summer of 2017 with that godawful Sergachev (+ cond. 2nd) for Drouin (+ cond. 6th) trade. Seriously, who trades a need for an extra f***ing winger? Especially when Tampa was f***ed on all sides (the expansion protection list, the cap, etc). "Nah, let's help a team in our division... might as well also try him at uhhh center". We nearly freaking lost a high-2nd along with Sergachev as well... At the same time, that same off-season he lets go of his best winger AND his best LHD for absolutely no f***ing reason while picking up a f***ing finished guy who can't even open a jar of pickles anymore. "Our defense looks way better", yeah no one bought that & lo and behold everyone else, but him, was right. That said, I'm happy he didn't also go for Hanzal that off-season like many of us feared he would.

DM2R-yRXUAATCGC

I don't trust a desperate Bergevin. Sure, he has the skill to pull of a massive trade win (we just saw it recently with the Pacioretty trade), but for all the Pacioretty trades he's done, he's also done so many stupid, worthless trades to solidify our 4th line - while we were in need of top-end help to seriously contend. I mean look at what he did for the 2017 trade deadline. We were in a sort-of open conference and at the top of our division (I mean, freaking Ottawa was a goal away from making it to the Stanley Cup Finals that year) and instead of finding ways to improve our team to perhaps have a chance to go all the way, he goes and gets us Martinsen, Ott, Benn, Davidson, and Dwight freaking Slowpoke King. I mean... WTF!

And here we are, in 2020, year 8/9 of Bergevin's 5-year plan, and nowhere close to success - and instead of trading players like Petry and Tatar whose values are at their peak best: naaaaaah, let's keep them and go f***ing nowhere.

Bergevin has absolutely no vision and I'm downright scared of whatever trade he might pull out in these "desperate" times. Will he trade Domi for Brodin/Dumba? Or will he f*** us and trade Suzuki for Trocheck? God knows what this clown is going to do next, but I for one am worried - and not for a moment will I give this guy any credit for any success in trades - everyone gets lucky every now and then, he never delivered when he was supposed to, and that alone says it all.

Last edited:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I would trade Drouin before I'd even consider unloading Domi
Definitely but I don’t see Drouin fetching a top 4 LHD

Again anyways :sarcasm:

I wouldn’t be opposed to trying to sell the reuniting of Caufield and Hughes to Jersey and go after Ty Smith but imagine fans on both sides say no to that.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Trocheck is a UFA in 2 seasons, don't really see where he fits and Borgstrom appears to be busting

Would rather go for a 1st and a top LHD prospect for Petry. Ok with Domi for Dumba
Habs would get two years of service. Perfect stop gap for Kotkaniemi and Borgstrom imo.

Then you trade him as a deadline rental and likely get good assets then.

Reactions: Goal Caufield

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
I probably would as well however I don't believe Drouin would be able to acquire the same return as Max

Patience is required, Drouin was helping us winning earlier this season. McKinnonish like (not as good)

Domi I agree, I think multiple team would inquired since he his RFA and can play center.

Reactions: Goal Caufield

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I would do a Domi for Dumba swap and then move Petry....we need to get some more 1st round picks this year

Tatar should go as well while his value is at its highest

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I would trade Drouin before I'd even consider unloading Domi

That's all a matter of how much with Domi….if he start asking for a big long term deal north of $6.5M, it might change the perception on the player, still not sure where he fits if he absolutely wants to play center going forward.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
I’d like to see Gally shopped. He’s great but his contract is up after next year and I don’t think his body holds up much into his next contract. Trade him for a big haul now for a cup run and avoid an albatross contract later where he’s a villain on this team not producing

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
That's all a matter of how much with Domi….if he start asking for a big long term deal north of $6.5M, it might change the perception on the player, still not sure where he fits if he absolutely wants to play center going forward.

I agree, seems like a good move to start thinking about the future of the right side, while adding more picks and moving out the smaller players on the roster.

Tatar should absolutely be traded too. It's insanity if its true that he's not on the market.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I agree, seems like a good move to start thinking about the future of the right side, while adding more picks and moving out the smaller players on the roster.

Tatar should absolutely be traded too. It's insanity if its true that he's not on the market.

There's questions to answer.

1- The top 3 centers moving forwards.
2- Domi, Tatar, Gallagher, Danault, Armia will all need new deals in the next 18 months. Can't sign them all.

But sorry, i don't agree with Tatar…...and i don't disapprove either.

Tatar next year will start at 29 years old. If you ask me now who i want for the next 4 years between Tatar and let's say Armia, i pick Tatar for sure (He'll be 32 by the start of the 4th year, so he's not that old…..would be the same age as Petry is today and apparently he's having tons of value still)

But honestly, i prefer keeping Tatar than Lehkonen, Byron too.
Not even sure i would pick Drouin or Domi over him for the next 4 years (at least not last year's Drouin)

He might be older than many of our other player, but younger doesn't mean better and at some points it might be a good idea to keep the best players we have…...cause that's what we did for the last 3 years and look where we are now, not one step closer. Our best points producer pretty much was Pacioretty, Galchenyuk and Subban….all traded away and we're not better for it, not now and not for a long time.

So if we were to trade Tatar, our most productive forward by far this year, it should come with a larger plan to dump a lot of other good player....if not, i don't see the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad