Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Kovalchuk is most likely worth a 2nd at this point.
Tatar should return a 1st, Timmins and Kaut type deal.
Petry should get us a 1st, Bean and Suzuki type deal.

At these prices, either could probably get us a 1st and Bouchard from Edm. Lavoie if that seems to high

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
At these prices, either could probably get us a 1st and Bouchard from Edm. Lavoie if that seems to high
I am not sure if Edmonton trades Bouchard as he seems ready for the NHL as of next season.
Would Habs fan be happy with a 1st, Lavoie and Samorukov return for Tatar?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If we don't deal one of Tatar, Domi, or Drouin at the deadline with the market as it is, I honestly think I'm done with this team until MB is gone. There could not be a more obvious route to take at the moment.

Trading Drouin or Domi right now for futures would be idiotic

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
How the f***ing f*** isn't it obvious now that the window is wide open to be overpaid in trades?

This is how you rebuild fast. This is how and when you get top value. I just can't believe these f***ing clowns hang on making the playoffs next year with that shit show.

Get 2 more 1st, A and B prospects, make the show our at the draft and move on from that failed 8 years plan from that egomaniac bicepsosaur GM.

Last edited:

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
Molson probably won’t trade Price or Petry no matter the return. Their wives are too busy pushing the merchandise that it’s more valuable than a contender in a couple years

Last edited:

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I know that adjusting is not MB’s forte but if he really thought about keeping everybody to try to make the playoffs next year, its time to change the plan on the fly with what we’ve seen so far on the trade market!!! Anyway, we had enough info the last few weeks with pretty much a full lineup that this team is nowhere good enough so might as well rebuild this shit!!

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Th
How the ****ing **** isn't it obvious now that the window is wide open to be overpaid in trades?

This is how you rebuild fast. This is how and when you get top value. I just can't believe these ****ing clowns hang on making the playoffs next year with that **** show.

Get 2 more 1st, A and B prospects, make the show our at the draft and move on from that failed 8 years plan from that egomaniac bicepsosaur GM.
that would require berg admitting failure

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
he's probably looking for a pacioretty type return on tuna..
i don't think he wants to move petry...
the D is f***ing awful, we can at least compete next year w/o tatar...

w/o both? cue another lottery

Reactions: Jpageman

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
if i were bargain bin, i'd also learn from the karlsson trade and accept firsts for 2021 draft too.
many teams are an injury or two away from doom in this salary capped league

Last edited:
Reactions: lilmaxo

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Fire the GM and Coach.

Re-sign Kovalchuk and Scandella, extend Petry, Tatar, Gallagher, Domi, Danault.

Be willing to trade anyone if a good deal is available. My needs in priority are:
Top-4 LD
Top-4 RD
Scoring winger
A Starting goalie that has a reasonable results to salary ratio
A backup goalie who can be trusted for 30 games

I'm not afraid to trade Price or Weber, or virtually any other player not on ELC. But I want to trade them with term on their contract, not in a desperate rental deal.

I'm also not afraid to trade young players who I already feel will not be top stars, if a good return is possible. That means Mete, Poehling, Fleury, Brook, Evans, Ikonen, Ylonen.

I'm not keen on moving KK, Suzuki, Caufield, Primeau or Romanov, nor - at this time - Norlinder, Harris or Struble
:laugh:

Why are you firing MB and CJ when your plan is exactly the same as theirs ?

You're keeping the same shitty roster that's not getting it done.

You don't know whether you want to compete with Weber/Price or not.

You're waiting for fantasy deals that haven't been ever available for us in the last 3 decades.

That's what I thought: more of the same. Hard pass.

No ReGretzkys

May 8, 2018
I am not sure if Edmonton trades Bouchard as he seems ready for the NHL as of next season.
Please do not post this on the main board you will get crucified by every fan other than a few hab fans who think this deal actually makes sense

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009

heard he is not. Issue with speed. Bouchard is overrated like high picks.

still would go for him.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
:laugh:

Why are you firing MB and CJ when your plan is exactly the same as theirs ?

You're keeping the same ****ty roster that's not getting it done.

You don't know whether you want to compete with Weber/Price or not.

You're waiting for fantasy deals that haven't been ever available for us in the last 3 decades.

That's what I thought: more of the same. Hard pass.
Chu-Rien is not a good coach.

Bergevin can't assemble a roster.

Both men have to go in order to really rebuild.

That being said, you often get the best return when players are signed. But if I were GM I would listen to all offers. Maybe some get traded before they are extended, others after, and others never. I'm open to more Pacioretty-type trades, and am fine if we trade Weber or Price for fair value. The only (virtually) untouchables would be ELC players who have a chance to become big stars, and only until I've decided that this is no longer true (like with Poehling and Brook, in my judgment).

I'm not opposed to moving Tatar or Petry or any other vet, including Gallagher. But my definition of "ransom" is not the same as those who propose a fire-sale. I'm not sure what your definition was, so I asked.

Sorry.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
I wouldn't trade Petry because we have nobody like him on the back end.

After the Coleman trade, I'm now leaning towards trading Tatar because we have similar type wingers. I love the player but would also love the haul we'd get.

Reactions: Jpageman

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I wouldn't trade Petry because we have nobody like him on the back end.

After the Coleman trade, I'm now leaning towards trading Tatar because we have similar type wingers. I love the player but would also love the haul we'd get.
We don’t but we can sign a player like Barrie or Vatenan or trade for Dumba etc. to replace him.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Has fans should be ecstatic with such a return but, EDM fans and GM wouldn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->