Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I would try to trade with Vegas one more time, McCrimmon is coming from
the George Mcphee school and must not be scared to trade top prospect for immediate help.

Petry for 1st and Krebs

Im Marc Bergevin

Feb 15, 2020
I think a few trades, a strategic UFA signing and a good pick could be sufficient to turn this team into a contender in a couple of years, the time it takes to iron out the growing pains of an admittedly young team. Nothing out of the realm of possibilities.

Example:

Drouin and a 2020 2nd rounder to PITT for Samuel Poulin and a 2021 1st round pick.

Domi to MINN for Dumba.

Brodie signed as an UFA.

Petry traded for a 1st round pick in 2021 and a prospect.

MON moves up to between 4th and 7th from their likely 8th round pick this year for Perfetti who they will play as a LW at the NHL level and have up their sleeve as a C in case of injuries.

Montreal re-signs Tatar - Danault - Gallagher and uses the many ELC contracts to offset the salary raises in the future contracts of those three players. In the latter years of their contracts (which should have no NMCs), depending on the contracts they agree to after next year, those three are extremely valuable 3rd line players or traded to other teams.

In a year or two, the young Habs lineup looks like:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Perfetti - Suzuki - Armia
Poulin - Kotkaniemi - Caufield
Lehkonen - Poehling - Evans/Byron

Brodie - Dumba
Romanov - Weber
Chiarot - Fleury/Book

Price, Primeau
Soooo happy you arent the GM, just si you know 2021 draft is looking to be the worst since a long Time and you want us to trade half the team for 2021 firsts:laugh: go back to NHL 20, HFboard ain't for you

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Are you assuming Tatar remains a 60-70 point guy even though that is a clear deviation from the norm?

Instead of selling high?

But if Tatar can at 29 set a new bar for himself. Why is it then that people on this board write off a 19 year old. Write off a 24 year old Domi as merely a 50 point winger etc?

Odd how guys on here favour the flavour of the week only. So fast to sour on people. I can’t imagine how bad Tatar will be hated for making 6m but regressing into a 30 + year old 45-55 point winger.

I say sell high while you can

You say sell high while you can….not that i disagree, but if you want to trade Tatar, might as well trade other players also.

Why not sell high on Gallagher who's turning 28 real soon?

Why Armia is not mentioned, best season in his career, he's about to turn 27 years old and like Gally and Tatar, he's going to be UFA after next year, might walk for nothing….Same for Danault who's turning 27 years old next week.

Why keep those guys in their prime years since you have no intention of competing for the next 3 years cause if you want to compete for the next 3 years-4 years….might as well keep your most productive forward instead.

Stop doing things half-way

Reactions: mariolemieux66

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
You say sell high while you can….not that i disagree, but if you want to trade Tatar, might as well trade other players also.

Why not sell high on Gallagher who's turning 28 real soon?

Why Armia is not mentioned, best season in his career, he's about to turn 27 years old and like Gally and Tatar, he's going to be UFA after next year, might walk for nothing….Same for Danault who's turning 27 years old next week.

Why keep those guys in their prime years since you have no intention of competing for the next 3 years cause if you want to compete for the next 3 years-4 years….might as well keep your most productive forward instead.

Stop doing things half-way
For one, Tatar is a LW in a lineup that has Drouin and Domi as well.

But to your question on trading the others, if the return is right do it by all means.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I would try to trade with Vegas one more time, McCrimmon is coming from
the George Mcphee school and must not be scared to trade top prospect for immediate help.

Petry for 1st and Krebs
That would be an insane haul if possible. Krebs fell out of top 10 because of his injury but has lit it up this year. Was torn between him and Caufield with our pick but having both would be amazing. He’s a heart and soul player who gives it every shift like Gallagher but with a lot more skill and more size.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
For one, Tatar is a LW in a lineup that has Drouin and Domi as well.

But to your question on trading the others, if the return is right do it by all means.

Domi doesn't really want to play wing and Drouin….there's my problem actually….regardless of age, contract….simply based on what they give on the ice, i think i would keep Tatar ahead of both Domi and Drouin.

And i think we could get a better return from Domi and Drouin (not both, but one of them).

Tatar has been our best winger for the last 2 years and at some point, many will have to realize that our prospect won't get better by playing with other kids or lesser players while losing for the next 3 years.

Some say we won't be contending for the next 3 years (which i agree) but we won't flip a switch and go from bottom of the league to contender in one summer also. There's steps that needs to be done, our prospect need to get into the dance contest before winning it.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
As expected, the market is excellent for sellers this year, unfortunately, Bergevin will stick to the plan he sold to Molson and likely wont sell much...

Tatar Danault Gallagher and Petry are all UFAs at the end of 2021, are we going to risk to lose all them for nothing taking in consideration that they all are back next season and that we are in the playoffs race at the same date next year??? That would be quite dumb assets management TBH! We have to trade at least one of them NOW!

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Wow with the returns Coleman and Greene got MB would be an idiot not to trade Tatar. Possibly Petry as well if it’s a massive overpayment.

I totally expect him to be content with a 4th for Thompson though.
pressure is now going to ratchet up on Toronto, boston, edm, florida, tampa, washington, vegas, st louis etc

bargain bin needs to create a biding war this week

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Kovalchuk is most likely worth a 2nd at this point.
Tatar should return a 1st, Timmins and Kaut type deal.
Petry should get us a 1st, Bean and Suzuki type deal.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
It's infuriating how this idiot in charge thinks we'll compete next year and won't trade Tatar at the very least.
Just remember, every time MB has said players aren't available they end up traded shortly after. "Expect the unexpected" MB-

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
blake ****ing coleman? he has byron stats.
we all need to pile on bargain bin and steal his phone.
tatar, petry, kovalcuk...EVERONE MUST GO
for 1sts in 2020 and 2021

It's not like every team are ready to give up a 1st round pick….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad