Proposal: Trade proposal part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'd keep Petry for now... Weber - Petry - Juulsen is a very nice RD group to have in place, especially with our lack of depth on the left side.

Trading him for a forward wouldn't make much sense in the near-term.

1st round pick, top-4 LD and some physicality for the top-9 would be the targets, imo, if we are moving any assets of value
Petry needs to leave next year. One of Brook or Fleury will be ready to fill in. Were not winning anything this year.

Ergo, thats a trade that needs to happen.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I can guarantee you that Bergevin will not trade Petry while the habs are still in contention for a playoff spot.

If Petry is traded it's because Brook/Fleury are tearing it up in the AHL and Juulsen has more experience under his belt. My assumption would be in a year or two.
Yeah, Im sure thats what he'll do because hes such a bad GM.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Petry needs to leave next year. One of Brook or Fleury will be ready to fill in. Were not winning anything this year.

I seriously doubt either Brook or Fleury are ready to step in and fulfill the role that Jeff Petry has...they're intriguing prospects, I like their potential and I think they'll both be NHL'ers.

But they're a few years away from being guys you can depend on like they do Petry

I can't see the Habs moving Petry at this point...unless a team blows them away with an offer, I don't think that's even under consideration at this point (whether it should be is an entirely different conversation I suppose)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
How "finished" is Boumeester? Wonder if he could play a Gonchar role for us this year? He has to be better then Schlemko, right? Only one year left, lhd. He has a NTC and I doubt he'd waive it for MTL but if it means a shot at the playoffs he might.

Kulak/Whoever - Weber
Bou - Petry
Mete - Juulsen
Schlemko/Benn as depth

I'd be very much interested In Boumeester as a pending UFA.
- Age 35
- One more year at $5.4M
- Appears to be a good fit for Petry

Price to acquire? 2nd round pick? I think teams looking for help on D match this. So 2nd round pick and a grade B prospect. I'm not 100% sure I would do it and I would like to see where we stand come trade deadline

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

I like both guys, not sure either are ready for fulltime duty next year. It would have to be the ideal trade for me to move Petry at this time

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I seriously doubt either Brook or Fleury are ready to step in and fulfill the role that Jeff Petry has...they're intriguing prospects, I like their potential and I think they'll both be NHL'ers.

But they're a few years away from being guys you can depend on like they do Petry

I can't see the Habs moving Petry at this point...unless a team blows them away with an offer, I don't think that's even under consideration at this point (whether it should be is an entirely different conversation I suppose)
What are we depending on Petry for? Not even be mediocre? Lol. Juulsen can do that, probably better, too. And develop at the same time.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
- Age 35
- One more year at $5.4M

Price to acquire? 2nd round pick? I think teams looking for help on D match this. So 2nd round pick and a grade B prospect. I'm not 100% sure I would do it and I would like to see where we stand come trade deadline
Lol thats so f***ing bad. Lets give a 2nd and a B prospecr while were not ready to contend for a Alzner level player.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Not 100% sure Brook or Fleury will be ready next year. Possible. But yes, I'm open to moving Petry but a team is going to have to provide pry away factor. Were talking about an above average 2nd pairing guy with 3 years of term and decent AAV here.

Reactions: Deebs and 417

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
- Age 35
- One more year at $5.4M

3rd pick maybe
Bouwmeester is done

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What are we depending on Petry for? Not even be mediocre? Lol. Juulsen can do that, probably better, too. And develop at the same time.
Well look at his role/usage on this team...he's clearly someone the coaching staff relies upon.

He's the 2nd best Dman on this team, he's still under contract for a few years, the team is competitive (whether that's a mirage or not, time will tell), teams don't typically shop these types of players.

Again, if there's a team that blows the Habs away with an offer, it would be something he would have to consider...But I can't see the Habs, or any team, shopping this type of player.

Reactions: Vachon23

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lol thats so ****ing bad. Lets give a 2nd and a B prospecr while were not ready to contend for a Alzner level player.

Not saying I would do it for sure. But I believe the trade deadline price is a 2nd and a grade B prospect at best. Very possible it's lower than this but that would be my high. Like I said, I would like to see where we stand at the deadline before I consider anything.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
- Age 35
- One more year at $5.4M

I was hoping cheaper then a 2nd. Remember Petry cost that.

Hudon + 4th or something? I can't imagine teams lining up for him since he isn't really playing very well this year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I was hoping cheaper then a 2nd. Remember Petry cost that.

Hudon + 4th or something? I can't imagine teams lining up for him since he isn't really playing very well this year.

I don't know. All I know is there would be likely a half dozen teams interested in adding him for a playoff run. So we all know the deadline prices to acquire are insane

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Not 100% sure Brook or Fleury will be ready next year. Possible. But yes, I'm open to moving Petry but a team is going to have to provide pry away factor. Were talking about an above average 2nd pairing guy with 3 years of term and decent AAV here.
Sebastian Aho would be the perfect partner for Weber. Makes the team better overall.

Aho-Weber
Rielly-Juulsen
Kulak-Benn

It finally allows the Habs to play Benn on the right side, where hes best.

Thats better than
Kulak-Weber
Rielly-Juulsen
Benn-Petry

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What are the potential comparisons to Bou in the pending UFA market? I think this plays a factor. Supply and demand always sets the price in a deadline. Remember what Hanzal got?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Well look at his role/usage on this team...he's clearly someone the coaching staff relies upon.

He's the 2nd best Dman on this team, he's still under contract for a few years, the team is competitive (whether that's a mirage or not, time will tell), teams don't typically shop these types of players.

Again, if there's a team that blows the Habs away with an offer, it would be something he would have to consider...But I can't see the Habs, or any team, shopping this type of player.
Bad GMs dont shop these players, youre right.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sebastian Aho would be the perfect partner for Weber. Makes the team better overall.

Aho-Weber
Rielly-Juulsen
Kulak-Benn

Thats better than
Kulak-Weber
Rielly-Juulsen
Benn-Petry

Doesn't Aho play with the Canes at center?

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Aho-Weber
Rielly-Juulsen
Kulak-Benn

Thats better than
Kulak-Weber
Rielly-Juulsen
Benn-Petry
I'm curious to know what you've seen in Sebastian Aho's 22 NHL games to convince you he's ready to be a top pairing Dman?

Not being facetious or sarcastic here, I don't know a ton about the player...curious to get your vantage point on him.

Reactions: Vachon23

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Not saying I would do it for sure. But I believe the trade deadline price is a 2nd and a grade B prospect at best. Very possible it's lower than this but that would be my high. Like I said, I would like to see where we stand at the deadline before I consider anything.
I dont give a crap where the Habs stand, if they give a second and a B prospect for Bouwmeester theyre just god damn stupid.

A 2nd can turn into Brook or Romanov or Weber.

The upside on Bouwmeester is that he doesnt suck for 20 games (something he hadnt done in the past three years) and that we win a round? Lol. Typical terrible f***ing management. Lets be mediocre for life, maybe another thirthy years without winning a cup?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I dont give a crap where the Habs stand, if they give a second and a B prospect for Bouwmeester theyre just god damn stupid.

A 2nd can turn into Brook or Romanov or Weber.

The upside on Bouwmeester is that he doesnt suck for 20 games (something he hadnt done in the past three years) and that we win a round? Lol. Typical terrible ****ing management. Lets be mediocre for life, maybe another thirthy years without winning a cup?

I understand but we have a different stance in terms of what we do at the deadline based on where we stand in terms of how our team looks and where we sit in the standings. I'm not drooling over Bouwmeester. The 2nd and grade B was more about what it takes to get him. Didn't say I would do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad