Proposal: Trade proposal part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I prefer Byron to Danault on that third line...I think Poehling will need some time in the AHL next year anyway, possibly a whole season...
Lets say we land Duchene, line-up in 2 years from now could look like this:

Drouin Kotkaniemi Domi
Tatar Duchene Gallagher (Duchene is a dynamic player and needs the same type of dynamic linemates, we have a perfect fit here)
Byron Poehling Lehkonen
Shaw McCarron Armia (call me crazy but I still believe in big Mac to center our fourth line, size grit, puck possession, that fourth line could be a pain in the ass to play against, I wouldnt be surprised to see McCarron back at some point late in the season...

- I'm not against signing Duchene.
- I do value Danault either as a 3rd line center or LW
- Not sure about McCarron. Lets see how he looks with one full season with Bouchard. Do the Habs even offer him a contract? Not sure
- Where is Suzuki?
- Domi on RW?

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
I rather wait till UFA and see how things turn out. I don't think we should make any drastic moves at the deadline.

I also prefer to keep Danault as I think Kotkaniemi moves to 2C and then Danault fits very well on that 3rd line. I prefer to have Danault and Poehling work together in a shutdown role. Move Danault to LW and mentor Poehling.

Lets say we are able to sign Duchene (but I rather see our options at LD first) in the UFA market. I think I move Domi to LW or even move Duchene to Kotkaniemi's wing

Drouin / Domi / Gallagher
Duchene / Kotkaniemi / Lehkonen
Danault / Poehling / Armia
Byron / Evans / Shaw
Yes,wait until summer clear cap and go after Panarin and maybe Duchene....only way i would trade for Duchene in season is if it was just a money trade where you take back players on LTIR that do not count against the cap....like MacArthur and Gaborik ...Melnyk is cheap.

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
Bergevin will not make a big move at the deadline he has never moved a 1st so it is much more likely instead of a Muzzin he gets a cheaper version like a Bouwmeester on a bad team in last year of his contract.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
I rather wait till UFA and see how things turn out. I don't think we should make any drastic moves at the deadline.

I also prefer to keep Danault as I think Kotkaniemi moves to 2C and then Danault fits very well on that 3rd line. I prefer to have Danault and Poehling work together in a shutdown role. Move Danault to LW and mentor Poehling.

Lets say we are able to sign Duchene (but I rather see our options at LD first) in the UFA market. I think I move Domi to LW or even move Duchene to Kotkaniemi's wing

Drouin / Domi / Gallagher
Duchene / Kotkaniemi / Lehkonen
Danault / Poehling / Armia
Byron / Evans / Shaw

Centers are the most valuable position right now, if you cant find a spot as
a 3C for Danault, trade him, he probably can solve a problem on the left side of the defence

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Centers are the most valuable position right now, if you cant find a spot as
a 3C for Danault, trade him, he probably can solve a problem on the left side of the defence

Not how I see it. Danault is a valuable piece if we use him correctly. I like the idea of him paired up with Poehling in a shutdown 3rd line.

But hey, I'm open to trading Danault if we get the value in return in an other area of need. I just don't see the Sens trading Duchene, not getting a 1st, and not getting a grade A prospect either. If the Sens trade Duchene, look for a Patch type return.

I rather wait till UFA and see what plays out. We shouldn't be desperate for Duchene IMO. I like the idea of adding him in the mix though. However, I think we need a power forward type.

Sens will be comfortable offering him $8M IMO. Habs would have to give him $9M for him to sign and Duchene ask himself a question... Where do I fit as a center between Domi, Kotkaniemi, Danault, Poehling on the Habs. It's a nice idea but not sure it works.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Bergevin will not make a big move at the deadline he has never moved a 1st so it is much more likely instead of a Muzzin he gets a cheaper version like a Bouwmeester on a bad team in last year of his contract.

Agreed. I think Bergevin will also be very hesitant to even trade one of our two 2nd round picks too. He might, but depends on who we can get and our ability to extend them. Kind of like Petry back when

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I like how if you offend someone you get a warning, but posting something that is obviously terrible and trying to defend it lands you nothing. This person will likely continue posting terrible proposals and we're all supposed to give constructive criticism in a respectful way.

People continuously post terrible proposals, take away their ability to do so.

Reactions: ECWHSWI

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
With the way the Hawks are crashing, you think they might be shedding some salary? J.T. would make a good #1 Centre for us, no? And he speaks the language, would be an instant hit in Montreal.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
With the way the Hawks are crashing, you think they might be shedding some salary? J.T. would make a good #1 Centre for us, no? And he speaks the language, would be an instant hit in Montreal.
I think Chicago might do a reset..
I don't think they move JT or Kane yet.

They started rebuilding their defense: Jokiharju, Boqvist, Beaudin

Another high pick might get them Byram?

Jul 6, 2016
Anaheim Ducks looking for an experienced LD.... I think Schlemko or Benn might be possible targets for them.

Jul 6, 2016
I think Chicago might do a reset..
I don't think they move JT or Kane yet.

They started rebuilding their defense: Jokiharju, Boqvist, Beaudin

Another high pick might get them Byram?

Maybe Habs could have Duncan Keith to play alongside Weber ?

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I would like to see about getting Duchene but in the offseason giving up no assets. Trade Danault for an upgrade on defense on the left side.

Drouin Domi Byron
Tatar Duchene Gallagher
Lehkonen Kotkaniemi Armia
Agostino Peca Shaw
Deslauriers

Kulak Weber
???? Petry - who ever we can get top 4 from Danault.
Reilly Juulsen
Schlemko

Jul 6, 2016
If the Sens cant reach a new contract with Duchene, chances are high they move him at the deadline to get some assets... What about Danault + Hudon + Ikonen + Mcshane\Hillis for Duchene if we still are in the playoffs race?

Drouin Domi Armia

Tatar Duchene Gallagher

Byron Kotkaniemi Lehkonen

Agostino Chaput\Peca Shaw

Armia won't play on the first line. He is a bottom line RW. Third line is already the best he can provide. Shaw doesn't deserve to go from 1st line to bottom line. He is playing his best hockey in Montreal since he was acquired. He is a super good fit with Drouin and Domi.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Poehling has never played an NHL game and you're capping him at third liner. Awesome insight here man. Cheers.
How in hell could you think I was refering to Poulet when I was replying to someone who named Hudon -> DANAULT <- and some other assets ? ? ? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(or whoever made the first Dano, Hudon, etc proposal)

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
How "finished" is Boumeester? Wonder if he could play a Gonchar role for us this year? He has to be better then Schlemko, right? Only one year left, lhd. He has a NTC and I doubt he'd waive it for MTL but if it means a shot at the playoffs he might.

Kulak/Whoever - Weber
Bou - Petry
Mete - Juulsen
Schlemko/Benn as depth

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I don't want Duchene on this team. We seem to have improved our Attitude and team chemistry. MD is bad for both

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
For Duchene?

If Ottawa is trading him minimum price is:
1st 2019
A grade A prospect (Suzuki, Poehling, Brook)
A NHL forward (Lehkonen, Byron, Shaw, Danault)

and then.. I don't ever see them negotiating within the same division.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Petry move might happen soon, Juulsen is coming back.

Petry for Sebastian Aho and a 2nd ? The Isles may like that.
I can guarantee you that Bergevin will not trade Petry while the habs are still in contention for a playoff spot.

If Petry is traded it's because Brook/Fleury are tearing it up in the AHL and Juulsen has more experience under his belt. My assumption would be in a year or two.

Reactions: DAChampion

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I'd keep Petry for now... Weber - Petry - Juulsen is a very nice RD group to have in place, especially with our lack of depth on the left side.

Trading him for a forward wouldn't make much sense in the near-term.

1st round pick, top-4 LD and some physicality for the top-9 would be the targets, imo, if we are moving any assets of value

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
For Duchene?

If Ottawa is trading him minimum price is:
1st 2019
A grade A prospect (Suzuki, Poehling, Brook)
A NHL forward (Lehkonen, Byron, Shaw, Danault)

and then.. I don't ever see them negotiating within the same division.

They aren't getting more for Duchene than Karlsson unless the other team gets an extension.

They also aren't trading him within the conference and Montreal doesn't need Duchene.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
They aren't getting more for Duchene than Karlsson unless the other team gets an extension.

They also aren't trading him within the conference and Montreal doesn't need Duchene.
Let's see for Karlsson they got:
Tierney (Equivalent of Danault possibly even better rated)
Norris (Equivalent of Poehling)
Balcers (Equivalent of Ikonen)
Dymelo (Equivalent of Rielly)
1st 2019 or 2020 (equivalent of our 1st)
2nd 2019 (equivalent of our 2nd)

Now they are also trading within division which they refused to with Karlsson so now imagine the overpayment required trade Duchene to Montreal.

So yes not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad