Trade possibilities for a top 6 winger? (EDM/Perron?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I am starting to think Atkinson is gonna get moved this off-season. We need him to step up and be a consistent top 6 scorer but I don't think he'll ever break 45 points, and we need more of an all around game if that's all he's gonna produce.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I am starting to think Atkinson is gonna get moved this off-season. We need him to step up and be a consistent top 6 scorer but I don't think he'll ever break 45 points, and we need more of an all around game if that's all he's gonna produce.

i'm actually extremely pissed with his performance so far this season and would not be at all upset to see him go, to be honest

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
i'm actually extremely pissed with his performance so far this season and would not be at all upset to see him go, to be honest

He started pretty strong the first few games, and then the injuries started and he's completely disappeared. Maybe my hopes were just to high for him but I think if packaged with Anisimov and possibly a pick we could net a pretty good return.

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
I agree that Atkinson might be moved. He disappears for long stretches. Him and Anisimov with a pick could probably net something, or even if we trade a d man like Erixon.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Would you guys do Anisimov + Atkinson for Eberle? Too little or too much?

I think it's a little to much. I'd do it if I knew one of Wennberg/Dano/Rychel/Anderson/Chaput/Milano would step in next year and be a solid NHL player because I truly believe Jenner is ready to be a full time C and would rather him be the 2/3C with Dubinsky rather then Anisimov. But that is a absolutely HUGE IF and a huge gamble. Maybe if it was Eberle + . Just don't know what the plus would be.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Would you guys do Anisimov + Atkinson for Eberle? Too little or too much?

If I thought we were getting a lot of trade value out of Atkinson, I'd consider it, but I don't see him getting a big return from Edmonton or any team out West.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Perron really is a gem. That guy has heart in spades. Goes all out every shift, hits, drives the net... reminds me of Foligno a lot, actually. Arty for Perron would be a steal from the Jackets perspective, IMO.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Perron really is a gem. That guy has heart in spades. Goes all out every shift, hits, drives the net... reminds me of Foligno a lot, actually. Arty for Perron would be a steal from the Jackets perspective, IMO.

Perron also has a lengthy concussion history, including having missed over a full calendar year with one.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Perron also has a lengthy concussion history, including having missed over a full calendar year with one.

Right. It has been a while though since he was concussed, I think. That's a good sign he might be through with that.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Aaron Ward ‏@TSNAaronWard 4m4 minutes ago

One of the trade options EDM is looking at for David Perron is with Columbus Blue Jackets.EDM focus maybe on center Artem Anisimov. #TSN

CBJ brass John Davidson,Jarmo Kekelainen well familiar w/ Perron from their days w/ Blues.Perron one of many trade options EDM exploring.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
One of the trade options EDM is looking at for David Perron is with Columbus Blue Jackets.EDM focus maybe on center Artem Anisimov. #TSN

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 42s42 seconds ago
Hearing chatter that a deal between #CBJ and #Oilers is well along in the process. @TSNAaronWard mentions Perron and Anisimov as likely

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Haha just came to post that, funny how that happens right after we mention it..

Just confirms to me that Jenner will be staying at center..

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Aaron Ward ‏@TSNAaronWard 6m6 minutes ago
Be interesting to see if the two teams, #Oilers and #BlueJackets , use this as a foundation for a bigger deal. #TSN

Would be fair imo. Both have/had injury issues. Both have 1 more year left after this season before hitting UFA status and Perron slightly makes a little more(think it was $3.8 vs $3.2 mil).

If it's a bigger deal, any interest in Petry? He's a soon to be UFA looking to cash in though. I would assume Erixon would be part of the deal if he's involved.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I don't like this deal. Center depth is better than wing depth. I know Arty is streaky, but at least his useful in the defensive end.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 50s50 seconds ago
Can't say with certainty an EDM-CBJ trade will be consummated but by all accounts they're working very hard to make something happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad