Trade possibilities for a top 6 winger? (EDM/Perron?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
As we all know the jackets have been absolutely hammered with injuries to start this season. With Horton looking to be possibly done with his career , according to some rumors out there, and with Jenner, Dubinsky out, there have been rumors the jackets will be shopping for a top 6 winger. Anyone have any insight to players that we could possible be targeting ?

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
As we all know the jackets have been absolutely hammered with injuries to start this season. With Horton looking to be possibly done with his career , according to some rumors out there, and with Jenner, Dubinsky out, there have been rumors the jackets will be shopping for a top 6 winger. Anyone have any insight to players that we could possible be targeting ?

I'll be surprised if they do anything before they see how the season starts. This management group doesn't strike me as the type to panic. Could be wrong, of course.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I don't think anything will happen for the next few weeks, because other teams are also going to wait and see what they have. But Eberle and Evander Kane do strike me as good possibilities.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
With Dubinsky out 6 weeks, Jenner 5, we cant afford to get off to a slow start. Will be interested to see what the jackets do now.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
There aren't going to be any top 6 forwards available on the day the season starts. Plus with all of the walking wounded who exactly are we going to trade for such a player should one become available? We are going to have to go with what we have for awhile, I'm afraid.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
We have to much depth to trade any time soon. We'll rotate youth and the depth players hoping one!or two of them can make an impact. And then if all else fails, then and only then we'll see a trade.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Id like to see it, these points in the beginning of the season are just as important to the ones at the end of the season. But i agree that there's probably not much out there to be had, but hopefully its at least in the FO mind.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
To be fair I thought we should/would trade for a top line winger even with a completely healthy roster and this only gives us a bit more incentive to do so (just hoping it won't cost us an arm and a leg).

Eberle pls.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Be patient. Easy schedule to start the year.

Yeah, only the Stanley Cup champs, SC runner-ups and the Ducks plus Dallas and San Jose in October. On paper its looking like a 5-5 start at best. Luckily (I hope) the games are played on ice not paper so hopefully we can get 12 points in the first games. Then NJ and 2 with Carolina.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Yeah, only the Stanley Cup champs, SC runner-ups and the Ducks plus Dallas and San Jose in October. On paper its looking like a 5-5 start at best. Luckily (I hope) the games are played on ice not paper so hopefully we can get 12 points in the first games. Then NJ and 2 with Carolina.

only 5 of first 13 are against playoff teams. easy schedule.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Be patient. Easy schedule to start the year.

Have you actually looked at the schedule? Hardly an "easy" schedule. To be conservative, let's say this lineup that will play tomorrow will have to get through the first two months. Here's the schedule:

October

@Buffalo
New York Rangers
Dallas
Calgary
@Ottawa
@San Jose
@Anaheim
@Los Angeles
Ottawa
Toronto

November

@New Jersey
Carolina
@Carolina
Tampa Bay
@Washington
@Philadelphia
San Jose
Detroit
Boston
@Philadelphia
Winnipeg
Vancouver
@Nashville

Unless the team is really much better without Dubi, Jenner and Horton than it looks on paper, .500 should automatically get Richards the Jack Adams. I'm terribly concerned that things will get out of hand fast. 11/23 games against teams that made the playoffs last year, including both reigning conference champs, two against San Jose and two trips to Philly.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
No schedule in the NHL is "easy" when you have 3 of your top 6 players out of the lineup for an extended time. The only real positive out of it would be that Boone and Duby should be somewhat rested come the end of the season, and thats only assuming the team has kept its head above water and is still in the playoff race.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Have you actually looked at the schedule? Hardly an "easy" schedule. To be conservative, let's say this lineup that will play tomorrow will have to get through the first two months..

that's actually not conservative. Murray should be back within a few games and Jenner in 4 weeks.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I'd rather we play the kids than make a panic move that would fit once (most) everybody is healthy.

Agreed.

And if picking up someone is a necessity, I'd look at a project like Andrei Loktionov, who's also coming back from an injury but was a non-qualified RFA.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
ATM the cost for a bonafide top-6 winger would be an arm, a leg, and our 1st. Teams are all pretty much set on their roster and no team (besides maybe Buffalo) is counting itself out without having played a game.

Kane and Eberle have been pretty well discussed by us on here for a while now, Perron also makes sense, Stewart from Buffalo would fit, maybe Cammalleri who is on the last year of his contract in Calgary. Problem is, there's a number of fits from teams in our division, but I doubt they'd want to help us at the moment (Islanders, Devils, Canes, and Washington being the teams I'm thinking of). Rick Nash as a large RW veteran powerforward would be a fit too but... yeah we won't go there (his recent spate of injuries being a great reason not to).

Boston and Chicago could be seeking more cap relief in which case we'd see more opportunities.

This management group could do anything, but it doesn't seem to make sense to make a trade right now. In a few months, maybe. The key is figuring out where Horton and the kids are at as well as letting some teams' playoff hopes die down.

Last edited:

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
ATM the cost for a bonafide top-6 winger would be an arm, a leg, and our 1st. Teams are all pretty much set on their roster and no team (besides maybe Buffalo) is counting itself out without having played a game.

Kane and Eberle have been pretty well discussed by us on here for a while now, Perron also makes sense, Stewart from Buffalo would fit, maybe Cammalleri who is on the last year of his contract in Calgary. Problem is, there's a number of fits from teams in our division, but I doubt they'd want to help us at the moment (Islanders, Devils, Canes, and Washington being the teams I'm thinking of). Rick Nash as a large RW veteran powerforward would be a fit too but... yeah we won't go there (his recent spate of injuries being a great reason not to).

Boston and Chicago could be seeking more cap relief in which case we'd see more opportunities.

This management group could do anything, but it doesn't seem to make sense to make a trade right now. In a few months, maybe. The key is figuring out where Horton and the kids are at as well as letting some teams' playoff hopes die down.
Ya mean Glencross, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad