Trade possibilities for a top 6 winger? (EDM/Perron?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
if the cap doesn't go up like it's recently been rumored, seems like Patty Sharp would suddenly become a much more realistic option.. thing is, would we want him at the end of this season? Is he worth waiting for rather than acquiring help during this season? If we wait til the off-season to acquire help, would he be our best option?

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Well I dont see anything happening in the next week or so, and we may have a good idea if the season is done or not by that point. If we dont get Bob back within the next 4 games (which I think takes us into late next week), I dont see us winning any of those games, and if that does happen the season is over and it wont matter at this point, the bus has already left

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
IMO there is no way we will be buyers during the season, unless the price is just ridiculously cheap. We need to be selling to improve our blue line; Jack Johnson + Anisimov + 2nd should bring in a significant defensive upgrade.

Getting Dubinsky and Jenner back we will have enough depth to trade Anisimov and still shelter the rookies (who IMO are getting bad wrap as they are playing their first year completely unprotected). I also think that replacing JMFJ will really improve the team as for all the good he brings he has a number of easily exploited flaws in his game.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
IMO there is no way we will be buyers during the season, unless the price is just ridiculously cheap. We need to be selling to improve our blue line; Jack Johnson + Anisimov + 2nd should bring in a significant defensive upgrade.

Getting Dubinsky and Jenner back we will have enough depth to trade Anisimov and still shelter the rookies (who IMO are getting bad wrap as they are playing their first year completely unprotected). I also think that replacing JMFJ will really improve the team as for all the good he brings he has a number of easily exploited flaws in his game.

...do you ever not recommend some kind of Big Roster Move? I'm not sure if this is observation bias on my part or reality, but it seems like you have kind of an understated hyperbole thing going on here.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
...do you ever not recommend some kind of Big Roster Move? I'm not sure if this is observation bias on my part or reality, but it seems like you have kind of an understated hyperbole thing going on here.

No its not your bias. I have been pretty consistent in my advocacy for a major roster move for quite some time, going back to the lockout shortened season. There are glaring holes in this team, particularly on the wings and blue line, that IMO will only be fixed one of two ways. 1. internal development of prospects or 2. a major acquisition. This team became a team that competes, but as we saw so often last year we lack the elite talent needed to compete.

We have developing guys like Murray (injured), Jenner, Wennerg, Reilly, etc. but who knows what their ceilings/eta are. As a team outside of the playoffs this year I think our best option is to do one of two things 1. obtain impact players for our top 6/top pairing for next year (when we hopefully won't be out of the playoffs in November) or 2. obtain more draft assets, preferably 1st round picks.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Philly fans frantically trying to trade someone named Bumberger. Never heard of him. Any interest?

Also on the trading block: Umbummer, and Dumberger. They must have had some good drafts to have all those extra players to trade. :laugh:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Philly fans frantically trying to trade someone named Bumberger. Never heard of him. Any interest?

Also on the trading block: Umbummer, and Dumberger. They must have had some good drafts to have all those extra players to trade. :laugh:
Honestly, at this point it's kind of depressing. I mean, the guy had obviously declined, but this is absurd.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Time to revisit a trade based around Anisimov for Eberle?

Edit:

Probably not now (unless Connor McEichel is a goal) but once (if) the season is lost I'd go for it.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Time to revisit a trade based around Anisimov for Eberle?

Edit:

Probably not now (unless Connor McEichel is a goal) but once (if) the season is lost I'd go for it.

Oh, Espo, you and your silly trade proposals. ;) JK, that's what you usually say to me.

But in seriousness, Anisimov has been very pedestrian lately. I don't think his noggin is working quite right at the moment. Even if we did make that trade now we wouldn't lose out much, and then of course we'd win big once Dubi and Letestu returned.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Don't think we can get Ebrele without adding to Anisimov but Perron would be closer in value

I think Perron is a guy we don't need - another blue collar 40-50 pt a year guy.

Changing my mind on this topic once again, I'd do Anisimov (+) for Eberle.

Eberle is a potential 60 pt guy. Edmonton sucks, they need a center, if they'd do Eberle for Anisimov I'd consider it even if it means throwing in a little something extra.

This season is fast approaching missing the playoffs time and in order to not upset the anti-tanking folks, lets call it strategic asset management and strengthen the team in a position we are weak at (RW) while moving a guy who may or may not be in the long term plans.

If losing a center now further seals the non-playoff fate one can always take solace in enhancing draft position in what is predicted to be a strong draft.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Problem is, we're already down Horton, swapping players doesnt help our situation. Prospects are what needs to be part of the deal, we're not deep enough to trade a top roster player for another top roster player, we're still in the same boat of lack of depth

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Problem is, we're already down Horton, swapping players doesnt help our situation. Prospects are what needs to be part of the deal, we're not deep enough to trade a top roster player for another top roster player, we're still in the same boat of lack of depth

You're thinking we can salvage the season. I'm thinking add a solid top 6 RW for the future. No one is giving up a top 6 F or top 4 D for prospects.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I'd rather Eberle than Perron. We already have enough Perron type players both on the roster and in the system, we need more 60+ pt players

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I'd rather Eberle than Perron. We already have enough Perron type players both on the roster and in the system, we need more 60+ pt players

I think then it would be an offseason trade at best. Yeah we need point producers but in all honesty this season is probably over and we are in a bit of an identity crisis and Eberle definitely won't help that. I wouldn't be surprised if they wouldnt want to keep what is left from last year to see if they regain some of the work ethic and finish the right way. Or I guess a trade like that could be made to see what can be made in terms of chemistry this year and go in next year knowing what we have... This is just a weird situation with no easy choices

major major

Feb 18, 2013
and this year is projecting to 40. I don't think he is worth depleting our center ranks. I think we could get more for Arty than him.

Unless you know something about Perron's health that we don't, I don't see why you would take a skilled 26 year old who's scored at a first line rate in two of the last 3 years, and peg him as a 40-50 pt blue-collar guy based on 20 games. And Arty has 5 pts this year, why do you think his value would be so much higher than Perron?

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Let's not forget that Jarmo "reached" for the overrage Perron in the first round back in 2007, he knows what the kid can do. I love AA as much as the next guy, but if we could get Perron for him it's an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad