Trade possibilities for a top 6 winger? (EDM/Perron?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
It isn't and if you wouldn't mind keeping the video game stuff in the video game thread, it'd be cool. Thanks.

Samkow I don't know why you need to be such a Debbie downer. I'm just saying those are trades I would look to make (ie trade possibilities thread), it's only my opinion but unlike nhl 15, it is very hard to trade players easily for a magnitude of reasons (so I don't know how jarmo will turn it around) Relax.

Last edited by a moderator:

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Johnson for Tatar + 2015 2nd (Det)
2016 1st (CBJ) + 2015 2nd (Det) + 2015 2nd (LAK) + Erixon for Myers
Letestu + 2015 3rd (PHI) + 2015 3rd (Det) for Petry + 2015 2nd (EDM)

leaves us with 2015 1st 2nd 3rd 5th 6th 7th (CBJ) and 2015 2nd (EDM)

Hartnell Johansen Folgino(A)
Tatar Anisimov Atkinson
Jenner Dubinsky(C) Wennberg
Calvert Chaput Skille

Tyutin(A) Myers
Murray Petry
Wisniewski Savard

Bob

If this was NHL 15 those are my moves but idk what Jarmo can do

First off, despite a slow start to this season... I can almost guarantee you that Tatar is pretty much untouchable. He's a key piece to the future in Detroit.

I understand that teams and GM's are labeling Tyler Myers as a very valuable player but trading two 2nd round picks, Erixon, AND our first round pick? No no no no no thank you.

The closest deal you proposed is the deal for Petry but even then I'm entirely iffy about Jeff Petry. I know he plays for one of the worst teams in the NHL but I just don't see why a lot of posters on HF view Petry as a well rounded defenseman.

I do agree that CBJ's primary focus should be on a top pairing/top 4 defenseman if we are in fact looking to trade. If we were going to package a defenseman in a trade, I'd want Prout to go even though his value isnt high, at all. I just really don't see him growing into a better player than what he is now. He takes very, very dumb penalties. He plays out of position waaay too much. His passing in our zone is dangerous almost every time. While Erixon has higher potential and trade value than Prout, I wouldn't want Erixon to be packaged up and traded. I see him as a promising player. Sure he has a few mistakes here and there, passes up shots more often than not but he does seem to pinch at the right times and plays pretty soundly.

I really don't see us needing to trade for a forward. WHEN and IF everyone is healthy, our depth is tremendous. If we were to make a trade for a forward it would probably be more toward the trade deadline. Don't think he's a saviour by any means but I've really been eyeing in on Tyler Ennis, as I've stated before. Has great offensive upside and has improved his defensive play some. A line of Calvert - Ennis - Atkinson would do well. But, I dont really know how avaliable Ennis is, if is he is even avaliable at all.

Just my two cents!

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
BLBow3ro3 thanks for your two cents.
For the Tatar trade in the wings forum they were offering Tatar and Ericsson for jmfj so I thought the trade was fair and maybe it's not the best move considering I'm not very high on jmfj and Tatar is one of my favorite players
As for Myers I think he is a very good player and maybe the value is off but he would definitely help our team
With what you said with Ennis I totally agree he is so underrated and is a great player but if we were to get him we would need to move anisimov and I'm unsure I would be ready to do that unless it is for a rw

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Samkow I don't know why you need to be such a Debbie downer. I'm just saying those are trades I would look to make (ie trade possibilities thread), it's only my opinion but unlike nhl 15, it is very hard to trade players easily for a magnitude of reasons (so I don't know how jarmo will turn it around) Relax.

Because not everyone wants to be inundated with video game proposals?

And I'm saying this as a mod, not as a poster. :nod:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Johnson for Tatar + 2015 2nd (Det)
2016 1st (CBJ) + 2015 2nd (Det) + 2015 2nd (LAK) + Erixon for Myers
Letestu + 2015 3rd (PHI) + 2015 3rd (Det) for Petry + 2015 2nd (EDM)

leaves us with 2015 1st 2nd 3rd 5th 6th 7th (CBJ) and 2015 2nd (EDM)

Hartnell Johansen Folgino(A)
Tatar Anisimov Atkinson
Jenner Dubinsky(C) Wennberg
Calvert Chaput Skille

Tyutin(A) Myers
Murray Petry
Wisniewski Savard

Bob

If this was NHL 15 those are my moves but idk what Jarmo can do

Well your proposals are getting more realistic, so congrats. I say this should be the exact sort of brainstorming that belongs on a trade possibilities thread.

I like the Letestu for Petry deal. The other ones I would probably insist on getting more value back, but its the right idea. I also think Myers would be a good pick-up, but let's keep in mind he is a potential top-pair D, he definitely isn't that good right now.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I fully expect to see Bourque in Columbus this week. We're approaching the 21-game threshold to be able to put Horton on LTIR, which would free up the additional cap space to make it work.

And even if he produces and everything goes to hell anyway, someone would want him at the deadline.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I'd rather persuade Ray to come out of retirement

We're a couple years late for this one.

bork3_sq-100fd426d882665cbd5ca5b59deb9056a2679cca.jpg

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Taking on Bourque means not only paying his salary this year once we're presumably healthy, but also next year. Is the contract worth the slight, temporary upgrade? That's 3.33m taken away from the available funds to extend Foligno and Bob and/or sign a UFA.

Agree with you here. Bourque is not the right move. But then again, who am I to judge him?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I fully expect to see Bourque in Columbus this week. We're approaching the 21-game threshold to be able to put Horton on LTIR, which would free up the additional cap space to make it work..

Dude; we're like a trillion dollars away from the cap. Cap isn't a concern right now. I don't think salary is that big of an issue right now; especially if it's only for a couple of games.

Not sure where you were going with that one. I don't even see value in the player.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Not saying the Jackets would be interested or not. Just making it a known possibility that he is presumably avaliable.

"NicholsOnHockey: McKenzie: Mike Richards is popping up as potential trade possibility for #LAKings."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad