Confirmed with Link: TRADE: Phil Kessel, Dane Birks, + 2021 4th (PIT) for Alex Galchenyuk and PO Joseph(AZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Already a 1,000 yard stare from Phil.

I know he plays at 7/10 most of the time and I'm okay with that, but there's frustration in his game and a little more laziness/lackadaisical than usual.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

I know he plays at 7/10 most of the time and I'm okay with that, but there's frustration in his game and a little more laziness/lackadaisical than usual.
I see a little frustration maybe. But about typical. The laziness and lackadaisical play I’m not seeing. He seems fine.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Kessel has not been lazy or lackadaisical. If we could find a C for him to play with would be a big help.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona

Yeah I don’t see lazy. He’s pissed that he’s not getting looks or goals, but I don’t see lazy.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
He was in his prime dude and he really didnt live up to expectations in Toronto. He got his ass ridden out of toronto and Pittsburgh.
This was more of an issue with the Toronto meat grinder than of Kessel. Expectations were unfairly high, as they are now that Kessel is in Phoenix. The difference is that in Phoenix there are only 3 hockey reporters and in Toronto there are about 200.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I see a little frustration maybe. But about typical. The laziness and lackadaisical play I’m not seeing. He seems fine.
Agreed. I've seen defensive awareness and sound defensive play. He's not a shut down forward and shouldn't be held to that standard.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Kessel has not been lazy or lackadaisical. If we could find a C for him to play with would be a big help.
It's too bad we cant pick up a crosby or Malkin off the wire.

I wonder if those guys contributed to Kessels success because one assist after 4 games?

How about Kessel start making a center on the Yotes look good?

rt

May 13, 2004
It's too bad we cant pick up a crosby or Malkin off the wire.

I wonder if those guys contributed to Kessels success because one assist after 4 games?

How about Kessel start making a center on the Yotes look good?
Didn’t you recently admit you haven’t even watched any of the games this season?

rt

May 13, 2004
I think last I did numbers Kessel has six ES goals in his last 50+ games.

Something we were concerned with as Pens fans. I still imagine he hits 60ish for the Yotes.
The number one thing we want him to do is resuscitate our PP. Goals and the PP are worth exactly as much as goals 5v5. They all count the same. We need PP help. That’s why he’s here.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
I havent watched the Yotes. Not yet and I'm sure the board is sorry . (call DISH).

But one assist in 4 games. How ya going to spin that?
That he's had some great looks, has had a visible difference, and hasn't put it in the back of the net yet. Something you'd see if you could watch the games

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
When we were talking about possibly acquiring Kessel before this trade went down. My biggest concern was whether he would boost the PP here or if the coaching/scheme would suck all his productivity out of him. So far the horrendous PP hasn't gotten going, so hopefully that changes.

rt

May 13, 2004
You said “continued decline” as though his first few games as a Coyote are evidence of his personal productivity trajectory. The fact is that nobody on this team is scoring. The Coyotes have had the worst start in the NHL from a production standpoint. He’s a Coyote now. So there you have it.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You said “continued decline” as though his first few games as a Coyote are evidence of his personal productivity trajectory. The fact is that nobody on this team is scoring. The Coyotes have had the worst start in the NHL from a production standpoint. He’s a Coyote now. So there you have it.

Phil in his first year in Pitt had similar struggles. Then he exploded with HBK, I assume once they find the pairing that works for him (they’re running him with Schmaltz correct?) he’ll start going off.

Point being. Phil when he was at his prime was scoring goals every other game at least.

rt

May 13, 2004
Phil in his first year in Pitt had similar struggles. Then he exploded with HBK, I assume once they find the pairing that works for him (they’re running him with Schmaltz correct?) he’ll start going off.

Point being. Phil when he was at his prime was scoring goals every other game at least.
On this team, with the pieces we have, we aren’t hoping he can sniff 40. We’re hoping he can approach 30.

rt

May 13, 2004
30 goals? Doubt it. He was barely doing that in Pitt outside of one year.
You said he was scoring a goal every other game. That’s 41 goals. I was saying none of us expect that. We’d be “hoping” that he can “approach” 30 goals - as in 26-29. Meaning that’s what we hope for. Hope for 26-29. Not expect it. My post was reacting to your every other game goal comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad