Confirmed with Link: TRADE: Phil Kessel, Dane Birks, + 2021 4th (PIT) for Alex Galchenyuk and PO Joseph(AZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Moves really well for a big man. Especially one who's 70.
My old man (probably dirtier than ever he let on) used to point out any and seemingly all of the larger ranch style homes, whenever we happened to be in Bativia and say that Dan Issel grew up there. Reason being that they were long enough for him to lye down to sleep!

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
And in case there are any admins or anything wondering what's going on here: We are desperate. We want hockey! We want hockey! :cheer:

I'll show myself out. :pb:

Reactions: che and Summer Rose

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
And in case there are any admins or anything wondering what's going on here: We are desperate. We want hockey! We want hockey! :cheer:

I'll show myself out. :pb:

Y6MVw6I.png

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
i got Kessel for the 20-25 goal range.
He wont be riding Geno's jock anymore and he's getting long in the tooth.
But he's still going to help the Yotes. He's also a good passer so the PP should be better.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I don't see age affecting Kessel. He's not that style of player. Maybe if he was a banger, but he's not.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I don't see age affecting Kessel. He's not that style of player. Maybe if he was a banger, but he's not.
No matter who you are you start losing speed , strength and finesse as you age. It's hard to admit .
Mind you I still think Kessel has enough in the tank to help this team.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
He was in his prime dude and he really didnt live up to expectations in Toronto. He got his ass ridden out of toronto and Pittsburgh.
Really?? He had thirty goal seasons pretty much every year in Toronto while playing with tyler bozak as his center. We had to trade Phil because we couldnt bottom out if we kept his consistent scoring ability. Also the typical Attitude issues.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Really?? He had thirty goal seasons pretty much every year in Toronto while playing with tyler bozak as his center. We had to trade Phil because we couldnt bottom out if we kept his consistent scoring ability. Also the typical Attitude issues.
There was a just a long story about Malkin in the Athletic. They went to Russia to do it. Malkin said it was either Kessel or him that need to be traded he was not staying if Kessel stayed.
He's had his ass ridden out of two organizations. I'm not stating fantasy here. Those are two facts. The guy has had issues with both places. Why's that so hard for fans to acknowledge? I know RT and he gets along well with Phil. He's not an easy guy to coach but he seems to like and respect RT. Just let it go.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
He was in his prime dude and he really didnt live up to expectations in Toronto. He got his ass ridden out of toronto and Pittsburgh.

When Kessel was in Toronto he was 3rd in the league in scoring over about 3 seasons. Until they decided to blow it all up.

He played with lupul. Bozak. Kulemin. Komorov and Joey freakin crabb.

He was an absolutely elite player who never got the respect he deserved with the leafs.

Pitt he was a Conn smythe candidate with back to back cups

He is getting older and never seemed to care about training. So it will be interesting to see how he holds up.
But Kessel has had one of the most underated careers of this era

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
How has Phil looked in an extremely small sample size?
Great. First two games I thought he was the best player (apart from goalies) on the ice for either team.

His linemates are having a tough time keeping up with his vision and playmaking. He’s surprising them with pinpoint passes in primo scoring positions and they’re fumble f***ing the chances.

Also, the entire PP seems to be “get the puck to Phil as fast as possible no matter his position” then when they’ve done that they switch to phase two of the strategy which is “stand there in awe of Phil instead of actually creating any chances”.

Once his teammates pick their jaws up off the floor and roll their tongues back into their mouths, Phil might actually begin to start putting up some points.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
One unique thing I noticed with Kessel the other night was he’s actually back checking on occasion and broke up VGKs attack at least once. Didn’t do it all the time but the narrative had been he never played 200 feet.

Reactions: Matias Maccete
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->