Confirmed with Link: TRADE: Phil Kessel, Dane Birks, + 2021 4th (PIT) for Alex Galchenyuk and PO Joseph(AZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Phil Kessel is near the top of my list of professional hockey players that I would love to sit down and chat hockey over a beer with.
I'm not sure Phil would want that chat? Might talk more about fishing, or golf, or whatever. I would love a round of carefree BS golf with him.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
Isles fan c0ming in peace, how has Phil been? I've seen he has shot a lot but has had a hard time scoring. Will he stay on the first line or will Schmaltz take his place?

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
Isles fan c0ming in peace, how has Phil been? I've seen he has shot a lot but has had a hard time scoring. Will he stay on the first line or will Schmaltz take his place?
Personally, it is probably time to switch Keller and Kessel up. I think Kessel's line will still be considered the first line, but they're going to shuffle it around a little.

He's looked good, there just hasn't been enough output

zz

Nov 1, 2006
We're winning, he's engaged in plays, skates on both ends of the ice and provides and experienced veteran presence. I'm sure the points will come.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
that's part of the amazement of all this, Kessel and Keller are supposedly "slumping" with 2 and 1(EN) goals, respectively...yet here we are on a 7-1-1 run.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Kessel has not produced (yet) as we would have hoped but I guess he needs to adjust to the new team after all those years in an elite group in Pittsburgh. He is trying to fit in the style of play, work hard enough on the ice, and seems happy. I think it is just a matter of time before he makes a greater impact.

Reactions: YOW

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
It just kills me. We could be unbeaten if only Kessel were scoring. I mean, first 11 - 0 - 0 and maybe we could go 50 games without a loss if Kessel was at .9ppg.

Seriously, people, calm down. Get your undies in a bunch at the 40 game mark. If you keep this up from the 10 game mark you’re going to give yourselves a rash.

Reactions: hbk

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
At age 32 his decline started last year.
Add in no Malkin and you have a subpar Kessel.
Expect it for most of the year.
He'll be lucky to get 20 goals.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
I don't care how much he produces as long as we are winning games. Teams still respect him as an offensive threat, as they should. That leads to other chances on the ice.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't care how much he produces as long as we are winning games. Teams still respect him as an offensive threat, as they should. That leads to other chances on the ice.
Kessel was brought here to put up points. He will get better once he gels with someone.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It just kills me. We could be unbeaten if only Kessel were scoring. I mean, first 11 - 0 - 0 and maybe we could go 50 games without a loss if Kessel was at .9ppg.

Seriously, people, calm down. Get your undies in a bunch at the 40 game mark. If you keep this up from the 10 game mark you’re going to give yourselves a rash.
There is so much parity in the league every single point is important. There could be a handful of teams already out of it by the 20 game mark. We have played pretty well, yet we are one or two points from being out of a playoff spot. We need Kessel to heat up now, as we are struggling on D because of injuries. If we go on a little losing streak, our undies will be in more than a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad