Salary Cap: Trade or keep 1st Round Pick? ( 9 Onwards )

If we pick 9th Onward, Draft or Trade Pick?

• Draft The player

Votes: 77 77.0%
  • Trade The Pick

Votes: 23 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Reading Doug MacLean's book Draft Day. Interesting read.

But there's a chapter where it talks about Stanley Cup Champs and how many drafted players they have on their team.

The goal is to have atleast 10.

Happened with the likes of Detroit, Pitt, Chicago, LA and Tampa. Occasional outlier (i.e. Vegas) but mostly held true.

Nucks currently have 5 by my count:
1. EP
2. Hughes
3. Demko
4. Boeser
5. Hoglander

Not impossible but would need alot of other things to work out (trades, etc.).

So as much as I understand trying to support the current roster, you still need to draft players to hopefully come in on ELCs and produce.

I would say former high picks (either drafted or acquired) tend to be keys. Vegas had Eichel and Pietrangelo. The outlier is actually the Datsyuk/Zetterberg era Detroit teams on your list.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Nucks currently have 5 by my count:
1. EP
2. Hughes
3. Demko
4. Boeser
5. Hoglander

Not impossible but would need alot of other things to work out (trades, etc.).

So as much as I understand trying to support the current roster, you still need to draft players to hopefully come in on ELCs and produce.
Outside of high draft picks, rarely are you going to get 3 high productive years out of a player on ELC where you end up getting like $3 mill or more in value than their $1 mill salary. Maybe 1 or 2.

Didn't out of Hogs or Pods. Hutton and Stecher were solid on their ELC, but not $3 mill in value good.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
I would pair up out 1st this year with a prospect and try to move down in the draft.

We will draft 20-25th is my guess. Add Brzu and get down in to the 10th to 15th over all and draft another stud with a higher likelihood of success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad