Proposal: Trade Mason

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Actually, that was the entire point of my post. None of that stuff matters when the goalie has an .800 save percentage.

The goalie wouldn't have a sub .900 save percentage because those teams are typically the ones driving play instead of taking a billion penalties when half the roster is entirely overwhelmed.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I will gladly agree that the "logic" (haha) behind most of your posts was incomprehensible, yes

I believe that logic is that a tiny handful of bad games cancel out all the good you've done. Applying his standard to the league, there are zero good players in the league today.

PensBrony 6 9*

I believe that logic is that a tiny handful of bad games cancel out all the good you've done. Applying his standard to the league, there are zero good players in the league today.

The logic is that when your typical game in a special situation is terrible and that situation happens to be the most important situation in the sport you play (the playoffs), that you aren't valuable to a team looking to perform well in that situation. As far as the save percentage being better or worse depending on the team, you and I both know that doesn't cause a dramatic swing. Maybe goals against average would change, but save percentage would stay pretty close. It's a pretty individual stat. Anyway, you're speculating about what might or might not happen if he was on a better team but my point was that those statistics are unacceptable. If a goalie on those teams had those numbers, they would have trouble winning. That's a simple fact. With those numbers, it didn't matter how good the rest of the team was.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
This thread has become crazy
Here I am picking a daisy
Not sure what to think
Every time I blink
There are more posts that make me hazy

PensBrony 6 9*

Like I said, let's see what happens if they make the playoffs again. I hope he proves me wrong but I think we'll see Neuvirth again before long.

PensBrony 6 9*

bad poetry here
the posts are embarrassing
mason needs to leave

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Think I just relapsed, this dude pushed me over the brink
Hop on the freeway, tryin' to get some time alone and just think
Till the cops pulled me over but they let me go 'cause I told 'em I'm only drivin' drunk 'cause JoneseyJinx drove me to drink

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

Kudos for trying to find something at least miles ahead of logic in his posts... But all I see is this:

Laptop-Keyboard-89711.gif

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I do watch Flyers games and unfortunately in that process I was subjected to seeing Steve Mason give up the worst goal in the history of the NHL and basically end the series for them. Actually, it seems like I forgot who I was arguing with. I just remembered this is the same crew who was rooting for them to tank as they were making the playoff push last year. No wonder you want to keep this choke artist in net, it means a better shot at the lottery next year. Anyway, back to this goofy pictorial breakdown. By my count you have 2 of the 4 goals in game two as "stoppable" and in game three there just wasn't any effort to find the puck and make the save. Watch the actual video. That one that bounced in front of him was entirely his fault and a mental error along the same lines as the 100 foot rocket the game before. He missed catching it with his glove. A normal goalie makes most of those saves. He saw the shots and just didn't react. Anyway, I think he's a solid goalie during the season but he falls apart with any kind of pressure or negativity. He's putting up Bryzgalov/Burke/Bad Emery numbers in the playoffs. It's unacceptable. I'll call it right now: if they make the playoffs again this year, Neuvirth or whoever the backup is by then will end up starting at some point because of Mason's poor performance.

Show me where I ever advocated tanking. I'll wait.

PensBrony 6 9*

This poem sucks.

0/10, didn't even rhyme.

Yes, I know it's a haiku, it still sucks.

starting a poem out with "this poem sucks" is an interesting idea but then you called it a haiku and then didn't follow the form. Maybe they'll teach it to you when you get to high school or whatever (not sure how the remedial classes work though).

Are people pretending Mason wasn't terrible in the playoffs?

I can't tell, you people are posting memes and trying to be funny.

The best argument against TJJ was "Mason is good compared to other historical Flyers goalies". That's great, except for different eras, and the fact the Flyers have been notorious for having poor goaltending outside of three goalies.

If you want to also blame the defense, that's great. But Mason was not on his game when he had to be on his game. It's that simple.

If you give Mason the same exact opportunity, do any of you have absolute faith he would be better?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad