Proposal: Trade Mason

phifly92

Apr 3, 2011
Would you think Tampa would do Mason for Bishop straight up? Maybe flyers throw in a late round pick for next year's draft. Tampa just signed Vasilevsky and are probably going to try to move Bishop. Both Mase and Bishop have a year left on their contracts and mason would probably be a backup in Tampa at this point. Just food for thought...:)

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Bishop will be asking for too much on his next contract. Pass.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Bishop is overrated. he's not much better than what we already have.

phifly92

Apr 3, 2011
My reasoning was Mason is done imo too hurt Bishop is a little better/healthier. Plus both would be rentals anyway. Wouldn't want to resign him just rental for a year didn't know it would be met with such haste haha.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Why would TB do it then if Mason is done? They could get real assets for Bishop.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
They did it for me in NHL 16 once (because for whatever reason Mason sucks in the game). But haven't done it again since. EDIT: it was actually Mason choosing not to re-sign and i signed UFA Bishop instead :laugh:

I doubt they'd do it. They're making their decision going forward that Vasilevskiy is their starter. I think they'd want to make a move for assets that they don't have to worry about protecting in the exhibition draft.

3Fs

Sep 22, 2005
Western Pa.
A question was asked and I think we could of answered it better than we did without the rudeness....just saying

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
No way. Goalies are getting overpaid like crazy.

However, im not committed to either or our goalies long term. With the quantity of prospects in the system, I say let Mason's and Neuvy contract expire and cross that bridge then. Putting all the effort and draft picks into goalie prospects and then trading and signing a goalie to 5 years seems pointless

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The reason the Lightning want to trade Bishop is because they're otherwise going to lose him in the expansion draft for nothing. Flipping him for Mason would completely defeat the purpose.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
wait so we finaly get a good goalie...

and now we should trade him asap ???

WOW....

But he allowed 7 goals against Florida and then 7 months later allowed a goal from center ice. Who cares about all of that excellent play inbetween, including like 15 straight starts in the midst of a playoff push. He must go.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I have no interest in trading mason. He's the reason we made the playoffs last year and with a better team in front of him this year i think he'll do really well.

PensBrony 6 9*

I have no interest in trading mason. He's the reason we made the playoffs last year and with a better team in front of him this year i think he'll do really well.

Yeah! What kind of terrible defense allows shots from the red line?? He's also the reason they lost in the first round. The team wasn't great but if neuvirth started at least one more game I think they would have won it. He was also the better goalie through the season. Him coming in when Mason got hurt and OUTPERFORMING him (people seem to forget he became the presumptive starter before getting hurt himself) is the real reason they made the playoffs. Mason is mentally soft and he'll never lead a team to a cup. I hope I'm wrong but it's become painfully obvious. He just doesn't have the mental fortitude.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad