News Article: Trade in works for Flyers?

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Patrick Roy just said in an Avs presser that cap-strapped teams are trying to pawn overpriced players on others and that Avs wont bite.

So Avs interest in Mez might be lies, but could also just be Roy playing games.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Patrick Roy just said in an Avs presser that cap-strapped teams are trying to pawn overpriced players on others and that Avs wont bite.

Avs have prob the worst D in the NHL, they are looking to improve no matter what Roy says.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia

Doesn't really matter to us. Flyers can be compliant fairly easily so rather then take hot garbage for Mez they'll likely just hold on to him for a bit. If he shows he can stay healthy someone will bite, if not they'll suck up the consequences of having Pronger on LTIR.

It's really a non issue.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Avs have prob the worst D in the NHL, they are looking to improve no matter what Roy says.

Avs up until recently also did not like spending money.
I doubt that they take on Meszaros and give up something in return.
I seriously doubt that they would pick him up on the waiver wire.

So I expect that Homer will play it tight with the cap and keep Meszaros.

Avs D sucks because they are lacking a top pairing D.
Do not think that Mez could be that anyways.
Avs will not make the playoffs. So i highly highly doubt that Kroenke would be fine with paying Mez.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
So do any more moves actually need to be made to get under the cap besides putting Pronger on LTIR? Capgeek says we are over by about $1.1 million but that includes the Prong-man. Is it as simple as sticking him on LTIR and starting the season or does someone else have to get sent down or traded in addition to LTIRing Pronger? Or are we trying to avoid LTIR altogether?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So do any more moves actually need to be made to get under the cap besides putting Pronger on LTIR? Capgeek says we are over by about $1.1 million but that includes the Prong-man. Is it as simple as sticking him on LTIR and starting the season or does someone else have to get sent down or traded in addition to LTIRing Pronger? Or are we trying to avoid LTIR altogether?

Pronger can not be put on LTIR until AFTER the teams needs to be under. In other words the team will need to make some kind of move, small or big, to get under before the season starts. When it does they can then move him under LTIR

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Pronger can not be put on LTIR until AFTER the teams needs to be under. In other words the team will need to make some kind of move, small or big, to get under before the season starts. When it does they can then move him under LTIR

There is some weird crap, Tyler Altemose wrote about it a month or so ago that if they move Pronger to LTIR without being under, it'll give them less room to work with in the LTIR space.

This is the article:

http://thehockeyguys.net/timing-is-everything-maximizing-ltir-benefits/

SchennSational1022*

There is some weird crap, Tyler Altemose wrote about it a month or so ago that if they move Pronger to LTIR without being under, it'll give them less room to work with in the LTIR space.

This is the article:

http://thehockeyguys.net/timing-is-everything-maximizing-ltir-benefits/

Hes wrong because you cant place Pronger on LTIR "the day training camp ends" and they need to be cap compliant before they can even use LTIR. That guy is a clown and doesnt know the rules.

SchennSational1022*

I transposed the letters because it was taken already and I figured most people wouldn't even tell the difference.

How can I change my username? I didnt have the option in my CP. Is it because Im still considered a rookie user?

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I'd love for us to pick up Chris Kreider. I doubt sather would have any interest in dealing him to a rival though. Shame, Id love to see him in a flyers jersey.

Kreider-Couturier-Read

Would be one hell of a line

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I'd love for us to pick up Chris Kreider. I doubt sather would have any interest in dealing him to a rival though. Shame, Id love to see him in a flyers jersey.

Kreider-Couturier-Read

Would be one hell of a line

That would be great but I think the Rags (at least their fans that I know) are pretty high on Kreider. I doubt they would have interest in dealing him anywhere, but especially to us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad