Trade Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I hate that Yzerman is so tight lipped.

I honestly think he stands pat because Larkin is now hurt. And this might be an ugly stretch that will determine our season. Really crappy timing.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
so vancouver could trade lindholm to boston
and then trade for guentzel, only 1 month after grabbing lindholm lol

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I hate that Yzerman is so tight lipped.

I honestly think he stands pat because Larkin is now hurt. And this might be an ugly stretch that will determine our season. Really crappy timing.
It's interesting because I think its the opposite, that he will do something. I don't want to say he feels compelled to do so, because yzerman doesn't feel compelled to do anything really. Moreso, that he will make sure we have the depth to make it.

I don't see Kane signing here unless he heard it from yzerman that they will try everything in their power to make the playoffs this year and that was probably good enough for kane, paired with playing with dbc.

I don't see us getting a big name at this point. Heard zucker was out there available, could see that. I do see us trading a defenseman just to get something out of it.

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
Guentzel is two years younger and the superior player. 8 mil by then will be the new 4mil.

I don't want either but if those are the choices, it's easily Guentzel.
8M will only be the new 4M if the cap double, and that isn't happening.

I like the idea of Rust - he is what Red Wings does not have - a winger who can play on top lines, score and be good defensively. Red Wings currently have 0 of those. He can play with Larkin or with Raymond or Kane compliment them very well and will not be relied on driving the play just bang those rebound into the net - the pianopuller with hands. The issue i have is less about his contract and age and more about his health and age. But if the price is not outlandish and some salary can be shed (i.e. the package includes Holl) i actually think he will improve this team significantly.
Raymond can play on top lines, score, and be good defensively.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
2024 2nd and 2026 4th going to Washington

So that's like a Cleveland and Keenan when Draper picks.

All joking aside, this means the Caps are out of the playoff race, Mantha was their second leading scorer. Kuz is now in Hershey doing chocolate cocaine.

Ted won't tank the team until Ovy gets the record, Caps fans are in for an extended rebuild..... but we know how that feels. Seems similar to Mike and the playoff streak.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I'm going to the game on Saturday, so it'll be fun to see him in action again...can't wait for all of our players to just blow right past him lol.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I get it... In my opinion. Debrincat was the reasonable buy for our season this year.

If we were a perineal playoff team and our core of guys (most aren't even here yet) were imbedded with roles on the team sure let's buy a top 4 pairing d man. But to buy him to help us make the playoffs where our "first" line center has never played in let alone convinces us he can be that guy... Yeah no thanks. Not for me.

If you guys want it I get it but I just disagree with the "we need to buy" like we are about to go on a run lol.
Well, honestly here you keep pigeon-holing the "buy" crowd as over-paying too which might not happen.

I'm sure there could be trades that settle somewhere in the middle where you got a good player for much less than 1st rdp. Just might not involve Hanifin.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
so vancouver could trade lindholm to boston
and then trade for guentzel, only 1 month after grabbing lindholm lol

I have to imagine to some degree they grabbed Lindholm as a potential plan B if EP40 didn't want to re-sign. But now that he's locked up, the Lindholm has been underwhelming, they wouldnt mind shipping him out for someone they really wanted.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Fresh thread to track all the trades and movement:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad