Trade Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
improvement by adding middling vets who will need 4-5 year contracts precludes you from having the cap space to go hunting for stars. bryan rust would be a huge mistake
Remind me how Middling players Rust, Rakell, Smith, Eller, and Graves prevented the penguins from adding a star last summer?

Oh and he would be tied for 5th on this team in points and 3rd in goals. Hardly "middling." He is a legit top 6 forward.

The biggest issue would actually be prying him loose but guys like Guentzel or Buchnevich would cost as much or more.

Rust is a michigan boy, id do a deal like 3x5 for rust to replace perron but any longer wouldnt be ideal
He has 4 years (after this one) at 5.1 so right in that wheel house.

Reactions: wings95 and Henkka

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Part of me wants to disregard need/fit and offer Ottawa a conditional 6th rounder for Tarasenko.

Just to kick the hornets nest.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Remind me how Middling players Rust, Rakell, Smith, Eller, and Graves prevented the penguins from adding a star last summer?

Oh and he would be tied for 5th on this team in points and 3rd in goals.

He has 4 years (after this one) at 5.1 so right in that wheel house.
the pens suck ass...not really making the argument you think you're making.
bryan rust's point totals are heavily inflated playing with 2 of the best centres of the last 20 years, both of whom are several orders of magnitude better than larkin and in a completely different galaxy from compher and our other centres.

if you want another 5.1M 40 pt player, by all means go after rust

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
the pens suck ass...not really making the argument you think you're making.

You said middling players like Rust prevent teams from acquiring star players which is demonstrably false.

On top of Rust, they had several other "middling" guys and still went out and acquired a star player making 10 Million per year.

bryan rust's point totals are heavily inflated playing with 2 of the best centres of the last 20 years, both of whom are several orders of magnitude better than larkin and in a completely different galaxy from compher and our other centres.

if you want another 5.1M 40 pt player, by all means go after rust
Rust is fast, has good possession numbers, brings grit and would be an excellent compliment to the team and one of the best goal scorers.

He is working on his 5th straight 20+ goal season. Literally nobody on the Red Wings can make that claim. He would be one of the top wingers on this team and an excellent match across from Raymond on the second line.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada

Meh!!!! Why do we care so much about if players are born in Michigan so much? Who f***ing cares. Someone tell Chris Illitch Fedorov was born in Livonia so they can retire his jersey...

I think there is something to be said about acquiring guys that want to be here. How much AAV do Larkin/Debrincat get if they didn't value being in Detroit? It's not the be all and end all but there is value for the Red Wings if guys proactively like being in Detroit.

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
I like the idea of Rust - he is what Red Wings does not have - a winger who can play on top lines, score and be good defensively. Red Wings currently have 0 of those. He can play with Larkin or with Raymond or Kane compliment them very well and will not be relied on driving the play just bang those rebound into the net - the pianopuller with hands. The issue i have is less about his contract and age and more about his health and age. But if the price is not outlandish and some salary can be shed (i.e. the package includes Holl) i actually think he will improve this team significantly.

Reactions: SirloinUB

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Rust is already 31 and has inflated stats from playing with legends like crosby and malkin, pass

He maybe has inflated stats, but his contract is not based on inflated stats. Should have deserved 7M with his last extension, if just based on stats.

Think he is fine value for his contract.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Guentzel is two years younger and the superior player. 8 mil by then will be the new 4mil.

I don't want either but if those are the choices, it's easily Guentzel.

Think both will arrive. And Sid will join last.

Part 1.
- Trade for a Michigan guy Rust, with NMC, to get him CHEAP because there's no other destinations.

Part 2.
- Sign his linemate and good friend Guentzel as UFA next summer, without losing any assets.

Part 3.
- Trade for Crosby at 2025 deadline, because he has NMC, Pens will still suck and he will want to join only his former linemates at Detroit.

Just like DeBrincat - Kane...

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
Should be able to come up with examples? Only thing that stands out outside of this season to me... Is when Jamie Benn cross checked his neck and he had to be hospitalized.

I'm not being difficult either, I think it's a made-up narrative right now by fans. I don't remember watching Larkin constantly dealing with injuries during his career. Like if we're talking Tyler Bertuzzi, ok I understand that's injury prone, etc, to me. Like one guy has played 70 games plus his whole career and the other only done it twice...

Well that's ok, but do you think there is any buy out there that's reasonable? I mean you said your against the buy crowd, and I think you're really against over-payment.

I asked if you wanted to make the playoffs too because... without some add, imo, I'm not sure it's a given. I'm not sure it's a given if a move is made(Major trade or minor trade.)

It's ok to say you aren't prepared to trade a 1st round pick for a guy you aren't sure about.

I've seen this team be scrappy all year, beat the hell out of teams like the Blues, and have good solid come back wins against Stanley cup contenders in Vancouver/Colorado. Split a series vs Boston and so far, Toronto. To me they're in the thick of it, a move helps them solidify their spot, and no team truly knows when they're a player away. We've watched teams like the Blues/Panthers/Canadiens recently make great runs no one scripted.
I get it... In my opinion. Debrincat was the reasonable buy for our season this year.

If we were a perineal playoff team and our core of guys (most aren't even here yet) were imbedded with roles on the team sure let's buy a top 4 pairing d man. But to buy him to help us make the playoffs where our "first" line center has never played in let alone convinces us he can be that guy... Yeah no thanks. Not for me.

If you guys want it I get it but I just disagree with the "we need to buy" like we are about to go on a run lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad