Trade Ideas and Free Agency XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'd like to get a quality 3C (or higher) and bump JEE to the 4th line over Brown.
Any thoughts on Dylan Strome? Scuttlebutt on the Yotes forum is that he might be available. Seems like he might always struggle with the speed of the NHL, but you never know what a change of scenery might do for a guy like that.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Any thoughts on Dylan Strome? Scuttlebutt on the Yotes forum is that he might be available. Seems like he might always struggle with the speed of the NHL, but you never know what a change of scenery might do for a guy like that.
Not much interest if it costs anything from the current roster.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
A 2nd for Strome? In a second, but I really doubt that's all it would take.:dunno:
It does strike me more like the talk of a fanbase that's rightfully disappointed in their 3rd overall pick than what Chayka would actually accept. You'd think he'd be looking to add more immediate scoring up front. I'm sure Nino or Zucker would be of interest, but at that point Strome would have to be the + on whatever the main piece is. I can't imagine a deal like that not making the Wild weaker in the short term, and I don't see a reason to do that right now.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I'm all for taking a chance on a struggling young FWD, if the price is cheap. I'm not sending a 1st or anything like that. Coyle is about the most I'd spend in most minor trades (he's worth about a 2nd/3rd currently imo), but I'd rather spend a 2nd/3rd or a prospect from the GMCF era that GMPF doesn't like.

The only reason I say Coyle is because it looks like he's done with MN and needs a change.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I'm all for taking a chance on a struggling young FWD, if the price is cheap. I'm not sending a 1st or anything like that. Coyle is about the most I'd spend in most minor trades (he's worth about a 2nd/3rd currently imo), but I'd rather spend a 2nd/3rd or a prospect from the GMCF era that GMPF doesn't like.

The only reason I say Coyle is because it looks like he's done with MN and needs a change.
Coyle gets a 1st rather easily.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Am I the only one that thinks Coyle has actually been pretty good this year? He's been a pretty important part of that third line coalescing into something effective.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Am I the only one that thinks Coyle has actually been pretty good this year? He's been a pretty important part of that third line coalescing into something effective.
People got hung up on the first handful of games and refuse to see anything differently since then.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Coyle gets a 1st rather easily.

Not even close. He's a middle-6er on a fair deal at this point. Him playing hurt last year tanked his value, and he hasn't done much this year to raise it. He's playing at about the same points pace as last year. Advanced stats don't love him, he's not good at FOs, and isn't lighting up the scoreboard.

Brassard only got a 3rd last year, I don't see Coyle being worth more than that.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Actually I think it's Greenway realizing he can be a force on the ice that's been driving the 3rd line. I bagged on him a lot early in the year, but he's looked like a different player since his AHL stint.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Not even close. He's a middle-6er on a fair deal at this point. Him playing hurt last year tanked his value, and he hasn't done much this year to raise it. He's playing at about the same points pace as last year. Advanced stats don't love him, he's not good at FOs, and isn't lighting up the scoreboard.

Brassard only got a 3rd last year, I don't see Coyle being worth more than that.
Huh?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Actually I think it's Greenway realizing he can be a force on the ice that's been driving the 3rd line. I bagged on him a lot early in the year, but he's looked like a different player since his AHL stint.
Greenway also still looks a little lost in his own end relatively frequently. I don't want to say that Coyle has been "babysitting" them, but I don't think that line would be seeing the icetime it has without him either. If Greenway and Ek keep building off a good stretch of games here it'll pay dividends for Coyle as well, especially if he starts shooting a little more.

All that aside, I think his price tag and utility still make him someone we want to keep around for now.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Going back to the Strome discussion. If you were confident he could be a 20 goal 40 point guy playing 15 a night between Coyle and Greenway, would you give up a 1st for him?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Going back to the Strome discussion. If you were confident he could be a 20 goal 40 point guy playing 15 a night between Coyle and Greenway, would you give up a 1st for him?

I'm not confidant he's any better than JEE currently.

Currently I'm very hesitant to give up a 1st at all, too much of the season is left, and I'm not confidant that the team makes the Playoffs. But if they were a lock for the Playoffs, and were offered a 21/22 y.o. center, with another year left on his ELC, looking at a 20g/20a season I'd trade a 20 something pick for him.

I wouldn't trade a 1st for Ryan Strome if he was having the same 20g/20a season. I think he is what he is at this point of his career and it's nothing special.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I'm not confidant he's any better than JEE currently.

Currently I'm very hesitant to give up a 1st at all, too much of the season is left, and I'm not confidant that the team makes the Playoffs. But if they were a lock for the Playoffs, and were offered a 21/22 y.o. center, with another year left on his ELC, looking at a 20g/20a season I'd trade a 20 something pick for him.

I wouldn't trade a 1st for Ryan Strome if he was having the same 20g/20a season. I think he is what he is at this point of his career and it's nothing special.
1. Dylan Strome. Not Ryan
2. It's a hypothetical question where he is a 40 point player, so the comment about Ek is pointless.
3. Anything is possible in a long season, but you're not paying attention if you're not confident in this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad