Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
While other team's fans are laughing at the Hawks for the Saad/Panarin trade, Hawks' fans seem to be relatively good with it. Saad's game is more suited for the playoffs (big power-forward) and he's better defensively than Panarin. Panarin's next contract was going to be too expensive anyways for Chicago.

The Hjalmarsson trade probably weakens the Hawks, but Connor Murphy is, apparently, pretty good and still young. Hawks defense will have to lean on Keith more so if he gets hurt for an extended period of time that would likely sink their season.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I like to imagine that Kane and Toews supposedly letting the Hawks know how much they missed Saad happened with Panarin standing right in between them.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Underrated trade of the day is ARI putting an end to all of the tired Stephan for Dumba trade proposals.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Crazy start to draft day. Love Saad as a player, but did not expect him to go back to Chicago.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I'm sure it's been run into the ground, but can you guys provide a scouting report on Scandella? What's the deal with him?

Bigger LHD with a good to great shot, solid defensively, can achor a 2nd pair or be a compliment to a top RHD. Easily could play 20+ mins a night. Plays better with a defensive defenseman partner.

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
Bigger LHD with a good to great shot, solid defensively, can achor a 2nd pair or be a compliment to a top RHD. Easily could play 20+ mins a night. Plays better with a defensive defenseman partner.

I was thinking with McAvoy, but in your perception he'd be better with Carlo then?

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I was thinking with McAvoy, but in your perception he'd be better with Carlo then?

Nah, McAvoy is more similar to Spurgeon. McAvoy would compliment Scandella perfectly.

I meant more that Scandella doesn't play great with a free roaming offensive style D-man, but a guy that splits the game and plays positionally well is his best compliment.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Dun dun dun...

Sounds about like what we've been expecting.

giphy.gif

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Nah, McAvoy is more similar to Spurgeon. McAvoy would compliment Scandella perfectly.

I meant more that Scandella doesn't play great with a free roaming offensive style D-man, but a guy that splits the game and plays positionally well is his best compliment.

Not many guys play well with a partner who desert their post at every opportunity, creating odd man rushes on a constant basis.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I'd absolutely flip if we somehow weasled Pastrnak out of Boston.

Alas, Pastrnak >>> Scandella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad