Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
did i miss one? no man crush on RNH, just thought he'd be a good fit. oh and if he worked out here he could have been a longterm solution.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Could it finally be that every angle and possibility has been successfully beaten into the ground?

Nah.

And the proper response is, "Yeah...too quiet..."

It does seem to me that Fletcher is all done as far as deals of any consequence. Would be mildly interesting to see what Dumba gets on his deal...

J22*

Isn't this pretty much how it goes every year? Bunch of activity before and after the draft, then July 1st hits with a huge frenzy and then by about the 5th or 6th everything just dies.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
Nah.

And the proper response is, "Yeah...too quiet..."

It does seem to me that Fletcher is all done as far as deals of any consequence. Would be mildly interesting to see what Dumba gets on his deal...

I would agree. Who are Dumbas comparable for his bridge deal?

I also find it interesting that there's been nothing more on Cullen signing or bringing back Carted/Porter. It's not a huge deal or anything but the 4th line does need to be filled out and you have 3 guys that the organization likes and is familiar with willing to come/stay here for league minimum or close to it and Fletcher has yet to make it happen. Just weird I think but maybe it's boredom overtaking from the lack of activity.

J22*

I also find it interesting that there's been nothing more on Cullen signing or bringing back Carted/Porter. It's not a huge deal or anything but the 4th line does need to be filled out and you have 3 guys that the organization likes and is familiar with willing to come/stay here for league minimum or close to it and Fletcher has yet to make it happen. Just weird I think but maybe it's boredom overtaking from the lack of activity.

Not a lot of comparables for Dumba on a bridge deal because most of the guys that were in similar situations, signed long term deals right around $4M per. A couple guys on the higher end of what you might think Dumba is currently would be

P.K. Subban signed a 2 year deal in 12-13 for $2.875M after 2 straight 35+ point seasons.

Tyson Barrie signed a 2 year deal in 14-15 for $2.6M after a 13 goal 38 point season.

Some guys probably closer to what Dumba currently is-

Nick Leddy signed a 2 year deal in 13-14 for $2.7M after a 37 point season in 11-12 and 18 points in 48 games in 12-13.

Michael Del Zotto signed a 2year deal in 12-13 for $2.55M after a 41 point season in 11-12.

Ryan Murray, who was taken 2nd overall in the same draft year as Dumba, just signed a 2 year deal for $2.825M after a couple of 20+ point seasons.

Dmitry Kulikov signed a 2 year deal in 12-13 for #2.5M after a couple of 25+ point seasons.

Everything points to something fairly close to $2.5M per on a 2 year deal.

As far as the 4th line, I think Fletcher got burned last year by locking up his below average 4th liners early, and then seeing guys like Brodziak sign for much cheaper deals than expected. I would guess that he's holding out to see if he can't get 3rd line caliber players for 4th line prices.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Not a lot of comparables for Dumba on a bridge deal because most of the guys that were in similar situations, signed long term deals right around $4M per. A couple guys on the higher end of what you might think Dumba is currently would be

P.K. Subban signed a 2 year deal in 12-13 for $2.875M after 2 straight 35+ point seasons.

Tyson Barrie signed a 2 year deal in 14-15 for $2.6M after a 13 goal 38 point season.

Some guys probably closer to what Dumba currently is-

Nick Leddy signed a 2 year deal in 13-14 for $2.7M after a 37 point season in 11-12 and 18 points in 48 games in 12-13.

Michael Del Zotto signed a 2year deal in 12-13 for $2.55M after a 41 point season in 11-12.

Ryan Murray, who was taken 2nd overall in the same draft year as Dumba, just signed a 2 year deal for $2.825M after a couple of 20+ point seasons.

Dmitry Kulikov signed a 2 year deal in 12-13 for #2.5M after a couple of 25+ point seasons.

Everything points to something fairly close to $2.5M per on a 2 year deal.

As far as the 4th line, I think Fletcher got burned last year by locking up his below average 4th liners early, and then seeing guys like Brodziak sign for much cheaper deals than expected. I would guess that he's holding out to see if he can't get 3rd line caliber players for 4th line prices.

Some of these are good, one guy I always bring up is Torey Krug

J22*

Some of these are good, one guy I always bring up is Torey Krug

Krug is a great comparable player ability wise, but the deals he signed are hard to use IMO. I think it's pretty obvious that the 1 year $1.4M deal he signed in 14-15 was because that was all that Boston could afford under the cap that year. Following that up with another 1 year deal helps prove that.

I guess if you combine those 2 separate deals into one,and then consider that as his bridge contract, you get 2 years at $2.4M per. Pretty much right in line with everybody else.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Isn't this pretty much how it goes every year? Bunch of activity before and after the draft, then July 1st hits with a huge frenzy and then by about the 5th or 6th everything just dies.
We have 7 NHL Dmen with top4 ability, but just 1 top6 center for the entire the history of this franchise.

We had cap space and we again bring in more aging, big-bodies who are slowing down with each season.

Our goalie situation is looking stable but also could quickly go unstable at a moments notice.

No trades for any young forwards with offensive talent.

Over projections of our youngest players because nobody else will be elite (yay Dumba!)

Sounds about right.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
We have 7 NHL Dmen with top4 ability, but just 1 top6 center for the entire the history of this franchise.

We had cap space and we again bring in more aging, big-bodies who are slowing down with each season.

Our goalie situation is looking stable but also could quickly go unstable at a moments notice.

Over projections of our youngest players because nobody else will be elite (yay Dumba!)

Sounds about right.

You're right! :laugh:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

Sounds about right.

It's ironic that you say that we have 7 Top4 Dmen , yet also say we over project.

Agree with most of what you say, though. Fletcher is proceeding as if Boudreau will cure all that ails us. That he couldn't make a deal for a young top 6 forward forward using one of our Dmen is puzzling. He seems to have way more faith in Zucker and Granlund than I do.

I am glad we kept Kuemper at the price we signed him for. We have nothing else close to him. There is a slight possibility that he gets it together and becomes a #1.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
It's ironic that you say that we have 7 Top4 Dmen , yet also say we over project.

Agree with most of what you say, though. Fletcher is proceeding as if Boudreau will cure all that ails us. That he couldn't make a deal for a young top 6 forward forward using one of our Dmen is puzzling. He seems to have way more faith in Zucker and Granlund than I do.

I am glad we kept Kuemper at the price we signed him for. We have nothing else close to him. There is a slight possibility that he gets it together and becomes a #1.

That was my biggest fear in all the talks of trading him. He's big, mobile and super athletic. If he figures out his mental game and starts controlling his motion better he could be a top 10 goalie for a decade and just haunt us.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
That was my biggest fear in all the talks of trading him. He's big, mobile and super athletic. If he figures out his mental game and starts controlling his motion better he could be a top 10 goalie for a decade and just haunt us.

Agreed. Always thought that his inconsistency was due to lack of concentration, but someone here on the board he seemed to know more about tending than I said it was technical, and that DK was really poor at playing the angles and losing his position relative to the net.

Still fixable problems, IMO.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Agreed. Always thought that his inconsistency was due to lack of concentration, but someone here on the board he seemed to know more about tending than I said it was technical, and that DK was really poor at playing the angles and losing his position relative to the net.

Still fixable problems, IMO.

I played goalie growing up, and had to be an acrobat (athletic) until I finally figured out the angles. Unless we're talking about 2 on 1's, if you can tell a goalie is very athletic, he isn't playing the angles right. In Kuemper's case, though, I think it's a bit of both, his mental strength and his technical game. He's 26 years old now, so I don't know if he'll ever fix those parts of his game, but if he ever finds a way to...

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
7 top 4D? dumba yes ; reilly maybe ; whose #7? as 4 goalie talk my alltime fav goalie is hasek , someone said his spine was made out of a slinky!

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Sounds about right.

Say what now? (forget Demitra?)

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
7 top 4D? dumba yes ; reilly maybe ; whose #7? as 4 goalie talk my alltime fav goalie is hasek , someone said his spine was made out of a slinky!

Olofsson. Plays similar to Brodin, lesser on defense more capable in the o-zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad