Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I think we are projecting the Wild's our views and desires onto other teams. Yes, we haven't have a 1st line center ever, so we are going to value them more.

But Montreal just dumped Subban silly reasons, so I don't think I am going out on a limb to say Galchenyuk, another player they have been "disappointed" in is not also available.

Same with other teams that desperately need defenders.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
So, I was listening to Russo's latest podcast yesterday and he seems to think that signing Cullen is totally up the the Wild at this point. Apparently, Cullen and Staal are good friends from their Carolina days and Staal's decision to sign with the Wild had a lot to with Cullen's recommendation of the organization. Russo thinks that Cullen would gladly join the Wild at this point, but one of the major things that could be holding it up right now is the Wild might be holding capspace available just in case they have a shot at Jimmy Vesey.

Russo also speculates (his personal opinion) the Wild fans hold a higher opinion of Cullen than the Wild organization.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
So, I was listening to Russo's latest podcast yesterday and he seems to think that signing Cullen is totally up the the Wild at this point. Apparently, Cullen and Staal are good friends from their Carolina days and Staal's decision to sign with the Wild had a lot to with Cullen's recommendation of the organization. Russo thinks that Cullen would gladly join the Wild at this point, but one of the major things that could be holding it up right now is the Wild might be holding capspace available just in case they have a shot at Jimmy Vesey.

Russo also speculates (his personal opinion) the Wild fans hold a higher opinion of Cullen than the Wild organization.

In what world do we have a shot at Jimmy Vesey? Is that even a rumor floating around?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I like Russo a lot, but I think it's important that we separate his factual reporting from his opinion/ speculation, as it was done above.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Listening to it now, Vesey's name was brought up but he said the Wild basically have no shot. He didn't see a reason why we would be in the running.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
In what world do we have a shot at Jimmy Vesey? Is that even a rumor floating around?

It was just Russo speculating. He even agreed that there's no realistic chance at getting him, but he figures the only logic to waiting out Cullen/Carter/Porter and not signing them right away is they are trying to save cap space for something, and Vesey would be the only real "something" out there right now.

J22*

Listening to it now, Vesey's name was brought up but he said the Wild basically have no shot. He didn't see a reason why we would be in the running.

Fletcher did go to Harvard. Maybe he has people and/or photos from there that could be of influence?:sarcasm:

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
you might call me crazy, but I could care less about Vesey. just sign Cullen and get done with it. Then trade a dman next year for a 1C when their value is higher.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Just cruised some of the Wings boards and there is a healthy amount of posters who realize how screwed they are on defense and pretty much nobody on their roster is going to bring them a Dman in this market (outside of Larkin).

Should be interesting to when the realization hits that they are going to run into an Oilers problem where their forwards keep getting older and wasting their productive years while any Dman reinforcements are coming along too slowly.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I'd call the Avs and offer Scandella+Dumba+ for MacKinnon+D prospect. Let Colorado trade Barrie for RNH. Maybe they hang up but might come at some point.

DrPP

Oct 21, 2009
Vesey sounded like he is considering depth charts and a chance to play over a specific location so it looks like he is fairly open to possibilities.

I don't see Buffalo turning it around real soon so maybe he would consider the Wild. Probably more of a chance for him to play at other places like Anaheim and such.

Maybe the Wild are trying to sign Pirri? It couldn't hurt and it depends what Boudreau thinks of him.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Vesey sounded like he is considering depth charts and a chance to play over a specific location so it looks like he is fairly open to possibilities.

I don't see Buffalo turning it around real soon so maybe he would consider the Wild. Probably more of a chance for him to play at other places like Anaheim and such.

Maybe the Wild are trying to sign Pirri? It couldn't hurt and it depends what Boudreau thinks of him.

Vesey is way over-hyped at this point. David Poile gifted him a spot on the World Championship roster and that raised his profile to such a degree that it backfired on him. Take a look at Jake Guentzel's numbers as a comparison - a guy who has already played well in the pros no less.

If Vesey doesn't sign in Buffalo, what does that say about him? He has a third-line LW spot up for grabs on a team that is certainly improving (Kane's issues might impact them of course). Buffalo by the way had 33 ROW, the Wild had 35...is Minnesota about to turn it around soon? Eichel, Reinhart, Ristolainen, O'Reilly, Kane, Fasching, Okposo, Nylander... nice group of players coming together there.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I know it's an Eklund "rumor", but if RNH goes to the Sens for Ceci+, I'm going to flip my $#`! at Fletcher.

Some of you may be happy with our old man Eric Staal signing, but I sure as heck am not.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I know it's an Eklund "rumor", but if RNH goes to the Sens for Ceci+, I'm going to flip my $#`! at Fletcher.

Some of you may be happy with our old man Eric Staal signing, but I sure as heck am not.

According to the games I saw, Ceci is better than Scandella/Brodin. He has a lot of 1st pairing potential and is already a really ****ing good 2nd pairing D. Also scored 10+26, was +9 and had tough matchups. He's also 22. I would trade lets say Brodin straight up for Ceci 10/10 times. Only reason I can think of he's not playing the 1st pairing with the Sens is some guy called Karlsson.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
According to the games I saw, Ceci is better than Scandella/Brodin. He has a lot of 1st pairing potential and is already a really ****ing good 2nd pairing D. Also scored 10+26, was +9 and had tough matchups. He's also 22. I would trade lets say Brodin straight up for Ceci 10/10 times. Only reason I can think of he's not playing the 1st pairing with the Sens is some guy called Karlsson.
Any player in a small sample size can look amazing.

Catch Scandella on the right nights, and he's Seabrook 2.0. Dumba is Subban 2.0. etc.

I think we are way to down on the Wild's own players because we've seen all their flaws.

And we are way too freaking down on Brodin. The guy was paired with Prosser and Dumba for most of the season, plus he got hurt, and we just ignore all his prior 3 seasons of excellent play because we want him to have 25% more offense.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Well MacKinnon signs for 7 years and Scheifele signs for 8. I guess I didn't realize Scheifele was so good.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Well MacKinnon signs for 7 years and Scheifele signs for 8. I guess I didn't realize Scheifele was so good.

Goes to show the organisations understand when they've got a #1C and what it means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad