Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Apparently Florida is trying to trade for Yandle's rights. If they could extend him that'd be awesome, I love the panthers.

I could see him doing really well there. Thought the same when he went to NYR, though.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Who are we going to get to replace Kuemper (assuming he's traded). We'll need a lateral move at least, that'll work cheap (under $2m).

I expect a point (on average) for each start the backup makes.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

Man, things are moving.

Also for the Rangers:

First Round Pick + Second Round Pick + Anthony DuClair => Keith Yandle => 6th + Conditional pick

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Andersen's trade gives you the value of Kuemper. Not much. Andersen was a pretty good goalie last season...

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Calgary's an obvious one.

I thought so too. Didn't realize Kuemper is only about seven months younger than Andersen. His value is a lot less I think. They wouldn't be trading him if the relationship were better is my understanding, but as others have said, hard to see them getting good value from his replacement. Most like going to be an Al Montoya - who was terrific last season - but it puts a lot more pressure on Dubnyk.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Calgary's an obvious one.

Still a lot of other supposedly available goalies out there that might be more appetizing like Fleury, Bishop, Elliott or Howard (meh, maybe not Howard). They come with a higher price tag and cap hit than Kuemper, but Calgary should have the cap space to accommodate one of them and might be more inclined to acquire a more proven name if they're looking ahead to the expansion draft and having to protect one of them.

Who knows though. Maybe a team like Calgary wants to pay a smaller price now for one year of Darcy Kuemper. If the Kuemper experiment fails, see who's still trying to rid themselves of a unprotected goalie next summer before the expansion draft.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
There's no chance Kuemper can get a starter job anywhere, so with our depth, we might as well just keep him an extra year and let him walk in UFA.

Unless of course someone overpays or Fletch is confident we can get a similar backup for a similar price. Then you might as well trade him.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
There's no chance Kuemper can get a starter job anywhere, so with our depth, we might as well just keep him an extra year and let him walk in UFA.

Unless of course someone overpays or Fletch is confident we can get a similar backup for a similar price. Then you might as well trade him.

He should have known he wouldn't get a starting job anyways. If I were him I would make the push to go some place where you could take the reigns for at least 40% of the games though at least. In Minnesota, he'll be lucky to get close to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad