Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
when i watch the wild i dont see a team that "as is" can beat the hawks, LA, stars on the road to the cup. if you do thats great.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
when i watch the wild i dont see a team that "as is" can beat the hawks, LA, stars on the road to the cup. if you do thats great.

Not worried about them! Dont see their style being successful in the playoffs especially having to come out of the Central when everyone else can shut you down come spring time

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013

I don't see Dallas, Nashville or St. Louis doing it either. Until it happens.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
With Hawks getting weaker I don't see reason why Wild couldn't win the cup. I think it's between Blues,Hawks,LA,Wild and Preds with Dallas as a wild card. The team who gets hot in the right moments wins it.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I think Wild have to give up the possibility we will be swinging a big trade. We don't have the depth or the players to make a trade without blowing a hole somewhere. The only way we get a top line center right now is draft and develop.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I think Wild have to give up the possibility we will be swinging a big trade. We don't have the depth or the players to make a trade without blowing a hole somewhere. The only way we get a top line center right now is draft and develop.

Realistically we don't need the prototypical "1C" for this squad. RNH really would fit in nicely here, however I would not pay more than Brodin and a prospect not named JEE, Tuch or Olofsson. If that doesn't get a deal done, then fine.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
For those of you who think RNH is the answer...

5-on-5 p/60
Koivu 1.9
Coyle 1.76
RNH 1.57
Granlund 1.5

All situations p/60
Koivu 2.52
Coyle 2.07
RNH 2.01
Granlund 1.96

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
For those of you who think RNH is the answer...

5-on-5 p/60
Koivu 1.9
Coyle 1.76
RNH 1.57
Granlund 1.5

All situations p/60
Koivu 2.52
Coyle 2.07
RNH 2.01
Granlund 1.96

Koivu is having a fantastic season, no argument here, but he's turning 33 in March, he doesn't have many more of these seasons in him. He's shooting at nearly double his career average.

Coyle is shooting at 14.7% this season, having shot just 8.9% and 9.2% the last two seasons, maybe he's figuring it out and that's going to be his new normal ball-park for SH%, maybe he's due for a regression. But if that is his new shooting % wouldn't it make more sense to get a center so we can put this power-forward that has a newfound shooting ability at wing?

Getting RNH wouldn't just be about this season, but about the future, about what happens when Koivu's contract is up and he's looking at the downside of 35.

Also

First A/60, 5v5
Granlund 1.18
RNH 0.78
Koivu 0.67
Coyle 0.23

G/60, 5v5
Coyle 1.05
RNH 0.49
Koivu 0.34
Granlund 0.21

Even with Koivu shooting almost 2x his career avg SH% RNH is out-producing him in goals.

RNH-Granlund would be a heck of a duo of Centers going forward, add in JEE in a few years and we've got some great things going.

RNH doesn't have the dynamic offensive-ability that Johansen has, but he also doesn't have the red flags. I'm fine not trading for RNH, but depending on the pieces given up I would love to have him on the team. Not sure if I want to deal with people debating if he's a #1C like has been going on with Koivu forever, though.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Like someone said in the last thread RNH is a MINOR upgrade to Granlund.

Not only does that NOT excite me but to me it's not even worth it. RNH himself may be a "1.75"C if you catch my drift...

The deal would have to be too good to pass up for me to be satisfied to get him.. thats just my opinion

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Koivu is having a fantastic season, no argument here, but he's turning 33 in March, he doesn't have many more of these seasons in him. He's shooting at nearly double his career average.

Coyle is shooting at 14.7% this season, having shot just 8.9% and 9.2% the last two seasons, maybe he's figuring it out and that's going to be his new normal ball-park for SH%, maybe he's due for a regression. But if that is his new shooting % wouldn't it make more sense to get a center so we can put this power-forward that has a newfound shooting ability at wing?

Getting RNH wouldn't just be about this season, but about the future, about what happens when Koivu's contract is up and he's looking at the downside of 35.

Also

First A/60, 5v5
Granlund 1.18
RNH 0.78
Koivu 0.67
Coyle 0.23

G/60, 5v5
Coyle 1.05
RNH 0.49
Koivu 0.34
Granlund 0.21

Even with Koivu shooting almost 2x his career avg SH% RNH is out-producing him in goals.

RNH-Granlund would be a heck of a duo of Centers going forward, add in JEE in a few years and we've got some great things going.

RNH doesn't have the dynamic offensive-ability that Johansen has, but he also doesn't have the red flags. I'm fine not trading for RNH, but depending on the pieces given up I would love to have him on the team. Not sure if I want to deal with people debating if he's a #1C like has been going on with Koivu forever, though.

Bold 1: Who says Koivu doesn't have 3-4 more seasons in him? He already skates slow so he's less of a risk to fall off the map ala Heatley.

Bold 2: Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Coyle been playing wing? I missed our last game but last I remember Nino-Haula-Coyle was a line.

Bold 3: The future? That's where Ek comes in 3 years from now. Granlund our average 1c, Koivu our 2c, Ek our 3c. During the next 4 offseasons we will have Vanek, Koivu, and Pominville coming off the books. That's $18m+ to sign big free agents.

Bold 4: Those are 5-on-5 numbers. Weirdly enough, 7 of Koivu's 10 goals came when we weren't on 5-on-5.

I do not want RNH at the cost of Brodin. Johansen was a whole different beast.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Realistically we don't need the prototypical "1C" for this squad. RNH really would fit in nicely here, however I would not pay more than Brodin and a prospect not named JEE, Tuch or Olofsson. If that doesn't get a deal done, then fine.

I don't even think trading Brodin is a solution.

Billy Mays Here*

Sam Reinhart would indeed be an intriguing option, and might be more attainable than RNH, especially if Buffalo wins Matthews. Younger, on a cheap contract versus RNH costing over $6 million a year, lot of upside, and he shoots right which is ideal. If the Wild don't feel comfortable playing him at center right away they could play him at right wing and groom him until he's ready similar to what Montreal did with Galchenyuk. Not to mention Fletcher and Tim Murray are good friends with trading history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad