Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
So, Colorado just traded their 1st and 3rd round picks from 2014 and a fading vet in Tanguay for what could end up being a few weeks of Boedker.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
From Russo

I'm told by sources that the Wild has gotten a lot of calls today on both Brodin and Zucker, although they're not being "shopped." For the Wild to make an impactful trade with one of the Edmonton young forwards or Loui Eriksson or Jonathan Drouin, it would have to be significant pieces going the other way.

Drouin, still to me, makes little sense. He hasn't played in a month-and-a-half. Are you really going to trade a significant fixture off you roster for somebody that probably wouldn't be able to help immediately?

Eriksson would have to be a significant move. No chance the Wild trades one of its top D for a rental unless more is coming back with Eriksson. That would seem to be a difficult move to make at this point and the Wild keeps throwing hot water on it anyway. Of course, the Wild did the same thing with Chris Stewart last year, too.

Some possible rental moves if the Wild goes that route include Jamie McGinn, David Jones and Scottie Hartnell.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Apparently getting calls on Zucker as well though not shopping him. My favorite player, and I just bought his jersey, so no trade please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad