Kane liked to have a good time....

595x446

Who doesn't like to party in Madison?

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Kane's problems were not just partying.

Beating up a cab driver and running out without paying, as well as beating up a girl, plus a number of other events along those lines are what really got his ass in hot water.

He was banned from Madison because of the amount of crap he got involved in there after a few visits.

Of course a lot of that was swept away as fast as possible...

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
I like how you corrected Eric Belanger's point total for missed games but not Granlund's. Currently Granlund sits at 33pts in 60 games which is pretty close to Belanger's 35 in 60.

On a different note, everyone is talking about taking a C in the first round to help this issue. I was wondering who everyone has in mind. It would be nice if someone dropped but I see us at the tail end of a run on Centers.

I'd be good with any of: Pavel Zacha, Jansen Harkins, Colin White, Nicolas Roy at center. But personally I like Paul Bittner or Jordan Greenway.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'd be good with any of: Pavel Zacha, Jansen Harkins, Colin White, Nicolas Roy at center. But personally I like Paul Bittner or Jordan Greenway.

Connor, but he won't fall to us. White is supposed to be a great skater, maybe a chance of Larkin 2.0; he'd be #2 for me. Zacha I'm not too sure about.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
On side note. I'm happy Wild didn't go after Vermette. Perfect example of a player who gets all the ice time on bad team with no structure. Has 2 points in 10 games for Hawks and reading their board they do not like the fact that they gave 1st for the guy. Fletcher did pretty good with Stewart. Bergenheim probably wasn't necessary due to depth on wing.

My guess is he got Berg because the price on Stewart was too high. When the price came down at the last second, he pulled the trigger. I bet he wishes he didn't trade for him either...

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013

I agree. So long as it's a center. Our prospect pool at that position is laughable.

I also hope they are going hard after some CFA's. I know playing early is a good selling point, and I think center is a position in which we can sell that. I like the kid from Penn State.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
Center is definitely an organizational weakness but so is high-end skill. The last high draft pick we used on a skilled, offensive forward was Granlund and even he is more of a two-way player.

Zucker has turned into a goal scorer it would appear, but looking at our forward prospects, how many project to be top-6 players? Tuch and Lucia are the only two. Graovac seems like a great bottom 6 player, 4th liner at worst, but not a top 6 player on a good team.

Also our LW depth prospect wise is pretty horrible. Behind Lucia it's Bussieres, Nanne, and Gogol.

I say we should be looking at the BPA. Obviously we don't need more defensemen. A center would be great but if there's a highly skilled winger that's higher rated I would take the wing. If there's one thing this team needs it's a game-breaker. We have a lot of good players but no great ones. Parise is the closest thing, and while I love Parise, he's another guy that's more well rounded towards a two-way game then a pure scorer.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Not going to lie, the only thing I would trade for right now are prospects and/or picks. We will need a solid 4th line centermen and maybe a 3rd varying on what you do with Coyle. However, if Haula figures out his damn game I don't think that will be a problem at all.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Not going to lie, the only thing I would trade for right now are prospects and/or picks. We will need a solid 4th line centermen and maybe a 3rd varying on what you do with Coyle. However, if Haula figures out his damn game I don't think that will be a problem at all.

If Haula can't figure it out, we still have Graovac. Ryan Carter too.

How about a Graovac - Haula - Carter 4th line? Having three centers on the 4th line? That would be a luxury and a big advantage.

PAYHA

Jan 17, 2015
In the woods
We need to take the best guy available with our pick. Look at Detroit last year, needed defense but took Larkin. I don't think anybody is second guessing that.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
If Haula can't figure it out, we still have Graovac. Ryan Carter too.

How about a Graovac - Haula - Carter 4th line? Having three centers on the 4th line? That would be a luxury and a big advantage.

True, and I forgot Schroeder is listed as "C" as well. I would imagine Fletcher throws Stewart a piece of paper and write out what his ideal terms would be. And I'm not sure Graovac is fully ready, but most of you guys know better than I do how their development is going down in Iowa.

But just imagine for a moment (in a perfect world):

Parise-Granlund-Poms
Zucker-Koivu-Nino
Vanek-Coyle-Fontaine
Stewart-Haula-Schroeder
Carter

Suter-Dumba
Brodin-Spurgeon
Leopold-Scandella
Folin

Dubnyk
Kemps

72963-mother-of-god-super-troopers-m-wxua.jpeg

Tony253

North, never Dallas
Jan 15, 2012
St. Paul, MN
One thing GMCF has been really good at is trading for guys whos value is at the absolute lowest...Top 5 pick overall Nino was dumped for Clutter/3rd and top 15 pick Dubnyk for just a 3rd...Obviously, both these guys were considered big time talent coming out of those drafts. Hoping Fletch can unearth another massively talented yet undeveloped/immature kid whos team is tired of dealing with him. I'm looking toward Edmonton for this off-season...

Oh and if he can somehow finagle Mike Reilly to sign here...

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
i think it's pretty likely at least one roster guy is gone next year. Worried that it'll be a minor (statistically speaking) move but somehow lead to a huge cascade effect that impacts the entire team dynamic.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
i think it's pretty likely at least one roster guy is gone next year. Worried that it'll be a minor (statistically speaking) move but somehow lead to a huge cascade effect that impacts the entire team dynamic.

i'm still thinking it is Spurgeon for sure. He is the only Dman that isn't signed long term. Dumba is coming into his own and is much younger with a higher upside. Scandella came out of nowhere with his level of play. Leopold is probably the #6 next year at a low caphit just so he can play one more season. Folin is waiting in the pressbox, and he has a great shot and size to him. Prosser will probably be signed to another 1 year 2-way deal so he can play in Iowa and be a depth callup in case injuries happen instead of Blum or Olofsson (or .....cringe....Bickel).

Not to mention he probably could get a good prospect and/or pick for him.

Tony253

North, never Dallas
Jan 15, 2012
St. Paul, MN

I think it will be tough to justify keeping Brodziak if they want to keep Stewart/Fontaine. Everyone knows Brodz can't hit the net to save his life but he is very valued in PK, grinding, being a stand-up teammate.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I think it will be tough to justify keeping Brodziak if they want to keep Stewart/Fontaine. Everyone knows Brodz can't hit the net to save his life but he is very valued in PK, grinding, being a stand-up teammate.

I've pretty much come to terms that Ballard and Brodziak will not be with this team next year already. Backstrom will either be bought out or retire. And I don't know what the hell they'll do with Cooke.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
True, and I forgot Schroeder is listed as "C" as well. I would imagine Fletcher throws Stewart a piece of paper and write out what his ideal terms would be. And I'm not sure Graovac is fully ready, but most of you guys know better than I do how their development is going down in Iowa.

But just imagine for a moment (in a perfect world):

Parise-Granlund-Poms
Zucker-Koivu-Nino
Vanek-Coyle-Fontaine
Stewart-Haula-Schroeder
Carter

Suter-Dumba
Brodin-Spurgeon
Leopold-Scandella
Folin

Dubnyk
Kemps

72963-mother-of-god-super-troopers-m-wxua.jpeg

If the Wild manage to keep Stewart, it won't be to play him on the 4th line.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
If the Wild manage to keep Stewart, it won't be to play him on the 4th line.

Come on brotha, we have been through this time and time again :laugh: folks have to stop putting so much emphasis on the line number. Right now Koivu's line is listed as #1, yet we all know PGP is the top line when it comes to offensive skillset.

All four of those lines are defensively sound and offensively potent. Literally....all 4 of them. That would be probably the first time in the history of the Wild that could be said. In any given game you would be able to swivel the linemates as play dictated and all 4 of them could play 15 minutes easily.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Yeah i fear for Spurge's future on one hand because it makes a lot of sense but then again Yeo loves him, and trusts him completely. Not that he doesn't have any cause but since the beginning Yeo's been really high on the Spurge. Dumba and Scandella both have more upside but Spurgies consistency (at a high level of play) is hard to let go of.

Brodz, yeah, he's looking a little extra out there even though it's no fault of his own. We have a bunch of younger guys who are looking very solid on the PK. Schroeder has been getting looks too and i have to think that's partially an audition for a regular starting job.

Stewie, with Cooke out, is the guy balancing out the serious vets and lightening the mood. I still don't know how we could keep him and i'm not sure how light he'd be able to be in the middle of a crap streak but I'd always want a couple of those guys on the roster.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I just don't think the money is there for Stewart. I'm not really all that eager to sacrifice Spurgeon to make the room either.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Yeah i fear for Spurge's future on one hand because it makes a lot of sense but then again Yeo loves him, and trusts him completely. Not that he doesn't have any cause but since the beginning Yeo's been really high on the Spurge. Dumba and Scandella both have more upside but Spurgies consistency (at a high level of play) is hard to let go of.

Here is how I look at it. Spurgeon is going to be in a pay raise. He is cheap right now, very cheap. Leddy getting $5M a year in New York is going to set the tone for what I'm sure his agent is going to be looking for. IIRC, he is a UFA at the end of his contract. http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/minnesota-wild/jared-spurgeon/

Easier to move him when he's worth something than to let him walk away for nothing. I don't foresee how they can resign him if he gets a $2M increase in salary on top of all the other players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad