Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency VIII - 2014 Free Agency Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Anything positive? Like 20+ for eight seasons mostly playing on a team without a first line center and always against the opposing teams shut down lines, or near a point a game on LI without great chemistry? or 270+ goals or one of the best in front of the net in the nhl or a career + player or he would make Granlund and Pom even better because he is sucks the d to him like a magnet or he would make the pp better? or he is ne of the better 5x5 scorers available...lol

I never said he couldn't score goals, but I'd pass if he doesn't fit into this team as a person. That's more important.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Anything positive? Like 20+ for eight seasons, near a point a game on LI without great chemistry? or 270+ goals or one of the best in front of the net in the nhl or a career + player or he would make Granlund and Pom even better because he is sucks the d to him like a magnet...lol

Its not like from the great 2003 draft year he has played in 6th most games 2nd most goals and 3 in points.

Those are coaster numbers. I can name ? people that outscore/outpoint Perry, Getzlaf, Parise, Staal, Backes, Pavlelski, Brown, Bergeron,

Just so games do not get in the way. Perry 8 less games and 14 less goals. Staal 106 more games and 12 more goals. Or Vanek is #1 from that draft class. And we all know up up and flying Lindy Ruffs teams were.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I'm not entirely sure the Stars got that much tought with Spezza. Wild need to improve but I don't think it's because the Star got significantly better.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
Its not like from the great 2003 draft year he has played in 6th most games 2nd most goals and 3 in points.

Those are coaster numbers. I can name ? people that outscore/outpoint Perry, Getzlaf, Parise, Staal, Backes, Pavlelski, Brown, Bergeron,

Just so games do not get in the way. Perry 8 less games and 14 less goals. Staal 106 more games and 12 more goals. Or Vanek is #1 from that draft class. And we all know up up and flying Lindy Ruffs teams were.

I know.. The hit jobs they do on him are amazing. With us, the Habs, he was playing with, at bs, a third line center, DD, and a nice young rw , Patches, that has not figured out how to pass yet .I donot think s vision willevr come uthe can scoe. TV never sees the puck in scoring position, never, gets on the wrong side of the worlds worst coach, who cannot figure out how to use his skills in 5x5 and on the pp, gets his pp and 4x4 time cut, ends up playing 12 mins or less in the Rangers seriesloses, most of which is on the fourth line and he blows the playoffs.lol The press carries that ball..lol

Lindy would love to have him back now.

Last edited:

Tony253

North, never Dallas
Jan 15, 2012
St. Paul, MN
Central Division is just getting filthy...Only Nashville (will score more with Laviolette) and Winnipeg not cup contenders now and they are both tough to play against.

Wild needs to find an ace up their sleeve just to keep up in that division...

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
So Russo said the Wild will be making offers to both Vanek and Iginla. That would be weird to sign them both. Also means that the Wild would have to get very creative next off-season to dump salary. Cooke would have to be gone for sure. Not sure where the rest of the cap space comes from since so many RFAs will have to be re-signed.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Gentlemen please remember that any and all rumors you hear today need to be backed up with a credible media source.

Thanks.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
LeBrun twitter

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Jarome Iginla hitting market. Colorado, Minnesota, Tampa and Detroit among teams interested... could be more.

Billy Mays Here*

Russo mentioned in his most recent blog that Johnny Boychuk could potentially be a target as we're in need of a physical d-man.

When I heard the Bruins were shopping Boychuk a couple weeks ago I was hoping the Wild would go in on him. Good sized, physical, RIGHT HANDED d-man that we desperately need now. Other than the fact that he's only got one year left on his contract, any objections to Boychuk?

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Russo mentioned in his most recent blog that Johnny Boychuk could potentially be a target as we're in need of a physical d-man.

When I heard the Bruins were shopping Boychuk a couple weeks ago I was hoping the Wild would go in on him. Good sized, physical, RIGHT HANDED d-man that we desperately need now. Other than the fact that he's only got one year left on his contract, any objections to Boychuk?

Not to him as a player. It would depend on what the price would be in the trade obviously

Billy Mays Here*

Not to him as a player. It would depend on what the price would be in the trade obviously

Bruin fans asking for Nino or Coyle (as was to be expected I suppose) but I don't see Fletcher giving up either one.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
Any thoughts on the RFA qualifiying contracts?

Lets just say

Nino 2.5mil -3yrs
Zucks 1.5mil - 2yrs
Fontaine 1.5mil -2yrs
Blum 1 mil- 1 yr
Kuemps 1.5- 2yrs

= 8 mil from the 13.424mil we have right now in capspace leaving us with 5.424mil in cap

Lets also say conservatively a 1 mil increase in cap space next year leaving us with;

6.424 mil cap space
+ Brodziak 2.833
+Ballard 1.5
+Scandy 1.025
+Harding 1.9
+Blum 1
= 14.682 mil

+ If need be 1.7 from a Backstrom buyout
=16.382 mil

With RFA next year as;

Coyle
Grandlund
Haula
Scandy
Folin
Bulmer
Gustafsson
Keranen

+ losing possilbly 2 goalies( Backs ,Harding) + roster spaces of 4th line center(Brodziaks 2.833 mil gets reduced to 2 mil if lets say Phillips is 4th line center) + possibility of Scandy raise.

Scoutguy77

Jun 7, 2009
Have to think we will add a dman to replace Stoner,we were soft before Stoner left on the backend, now that has been magnified.

Boychuk is the logical choice, with Boston needing to shed salary and having an abundance of Defenceman, or perhaps MacQuaid.

What is logical--young player and a pick ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad