Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency VIII - 2014 Free Agency Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
Would be way to dirty to pick up both Vanek and Iginla somehow. Don't think it will happen but maaaaan...

Parise Koivu Iginla
Vanek Granlund Pominville
Niño Haula Coyle
Cook Brodziak Fontaine

:amazed:

Yes, but we would still need an upgrade on defense.

And I think Nino's deserved that top-6 role. He's better than Coyle at this point. Mason Raymond intrests me, he could be lethal with Haula.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Stralman? Ah no. That guy would barely be an upgrade over Blum for 4 or 5 times the price. He is a career #5/6 who is planning on cashing in big on the weak free agent pool.

How is that guy going to help the power play when he couldn't help the Rangers, who desperately needed help in that regard?

Just because a guy is RH doesn't mean we should sign him. Stay far away.

Keeptdos

May 1, 2011
Finland
Yes, but we would still need an upgrade on defense.

And I think Nino's deserved that top-6 role. He's better than Coyle at this point. Mason Raymond intrests me, he could be lethal with Haula.

If we actualy get both (Iggy & Vanek) there is no room for more than depth 13th forward which Bulmer can cover. I think both Coyle and Nino needs more than 4th line ice time. Also wouldn't send them to AHL.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
If we actualy get both (Iggy & Vanek) there is no room for more than depth 13th forward which Bulmer can cover. I think both Coyle and Nino needs more than 4th line ice time. Also wouldn't send them to AHL.

Both would probably be on the 3rd line so not seeing how they would get 4th line minutes

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Where is this coming from? Does he have some behaviour issues?

He mails it in at times (including the Olympics where he was supposed to show an example as captain) has thrown his teammates under the bus in interviews and he may or may not have been out drinking in the middle of the Olympic tournament. At least a part of his team certainly was. I know people argue that he would take being with the Wild more seriously than the Sabres or Team Austria, but that's Havlat-type behavior and we all know what happened to him.

I'm sure Vanek would be fine at first, just like anyone with a new job. It's what happens after the honeymoon phase that concerns me more. It's impossible to know for sure but there are some red flags in this regard too. If you bring him here, do your research and make sure it won't turn out to be a mistake.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Like I said, guessing 50% on Vanek (4 years x $7m per) and if they strike out on that, maybe a 10% shot of Iginla (2 years x $6m per).

I give them a 100% chance of signing two terrible players (would guess Mitchell and McCormick or Thornton).

And maybe a 5% chance they get a defenseman who isn't terrible.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Stralman? Ah no. That guy would barely be an upgrade over Blum for 4 or 5 times the price. He is a career #5/6 who is planning on cashing in big on the weak free agent pool.

How is that guy going to help the power play when he couldn't help the Rangers, who desperately needed help in that regard?

Just because a guy is RH doesn't mean we should sign him. Stay far away.

Yes he is the rangers scored more goals when he is on the ice. They really didn't put stralman on the power play At least in the playoffs Eddie O was begging for him on the PP. They should stay far away from Mitchell.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I'm not quite getting all the hate on Mitchell. He's good enough to play top 4 minutes for the Stanley Cup champions, but not good enough to play bottom pairing minutes for the Wild? Really?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Because we've seen him play.

Off the glass and out. Off the glass and out. Off the glass and out. Stupid penalty. Off the glass and out.

That was years ago. Have you watched him recently? The Kings don't want to let him go but are forced to because of cap concerns. I say again, he's good enough to play on the top 4 for the defending Cup champs, but not as a #5/#6 defenseman for us?

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
He mails it in at times (including the Olympics where he was supposed to show an example as captain) has thrown his teammates under the bus in interviews and he may or may not have been out drinking in the middle of the Olympic tournament. At least a part of his team certainly was. I know people argue that he would take being with the Wild more seriously than the Sabres or Team Austria, but that's Havlat-type behavior and we all know what happened to him.

I'm sure Vanek would be fine at first, just like anyone with a new job. It's what happens after the honeymoon phase that concerns me more. It's impossible to know for sure but there are some red flags in this regard too. If you bring him here, do your research and make sure it won't turn out to be a mistake.

Anything positive? Like 20+ for eight seasons mostly playing on a team without a first line center and always against the opposing teams shut down lines, or near a point a game on LI without great chemistry? or 270+ goals or one of the best players in the nhl in front of the net or a career + player or he would make Granlund and Pom even better because he is sucks the d to him like a magnet and crates space or he would make the pp better? or he is one of the better 5x5 lw scorers available...or how often does a team get a shot at a nash guality lw lol. Nice hit piece, now I balanced the equation.

When guys like him become available you lock them up. If you can

Last edited:

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Like I said, guessing 50% on Vanek (4 years x $7m per) and if they strike out on that, maybe a 10% shot of Iginla (2 years x $6m per).

I give them a 100% chance of signing two terrible players (would guess Mitchell and McCormick or Thornton).

And maybe a 5% chance they get a defenseman who isn't terrible.

Such enthusiasm! :laugh:

I'd say we got a 75% chance at Vanek & 50-60% chance at Iggy.

I think we sign Thorton, and let McCormick walk.

I think we sign Marcel Goc in a few days.

maybe a 10-20% chance of getting one of Miller/Hiller if everything plays out a certain way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad