Speculation: Trade Game

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011
Backes is best at center, Oshie is worth more to us returning than a trade involving Suter as the main piece, and saving close to a million in cap space for 1 year (the length of Suter's contract) is negligible.

I was just searching for these Suter discussions, and hadn't come across it yet. I'll take this as the consensus/my opinion. Agreed.

PitchDoug

Nov 27, 2011
It wasn't a jab at your question. Just more of a disappointment post implying that it would be completely awful.

Ha. I didn't think it was a jab. Was just afraid there was a large Suter thread I missed entirely. I'm a bit behind right now. But yeah, we better get a better return. This will be a nervous day

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
I saw a rumor on Twitter somewhere about a package with oshie+Berglund and Kunitz's name was in there too. Don't know if real

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
And Armstrong also said Jaskin had a guaranteed spot out of camp.

Just continuing the trend, basically everything he says is a lie.

Oh good grief. That's not what he said anyway. He said he "has a spot on the team" going into camp.

Stuff happens, circumstances change...and it makes a lot more sense to send a protected player up and down than to expose and lose another asset for nothing. But Jaskin had played well enough to be on the team. There were multiple quotes from both Armstrong and Hitchcock to that effect last season.

A lie would indicate that he's intentionally being deceptive. In this case, he's conveying how highly the team think of Jaskin and are happy about his play...and you're taking the context away and over-reacting. Trading Lindstrom finally made the roster spot permanent, nothing that Jaskin hadn't already been doing.

Would you prefer a GM who declines to sign other players or add guys who may be able to outplay the current roster players, just because he made a statement that he expected a rookie to be on the team? That would be an asinine way to approach the GM job.

Let's see what Armstrong does and react to his actual decisions, rather than trump up some misquoted statement from a year ago to hang him with.

RR10*

Lucic to LA. Blues are happy with Hitch and the core with firstroundexits...lol

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Oh good grief. That's not what he said anyway. He said he "has a spot on the team" going into camp.

Stuff happens, circumstances change...and it makes a lot more sense to send a protected player up and down than to expose and lose another asset for nothing. But Jaskin had played well enough to be on the team. There were multiple quotes from both Armstrong and Hitchcock to that effect last season.

A lie would indicate that he's intentionally being deceptive. In this case, he's conveying how highly the team think of Jaskin and are happy about his play...and you're taking the context away and over-reacting. Trading Lindstrom finally made the roster spot permanent, nothing that Jaskin hadn't already been doing.

Would you prefer a GM who declines to sign other players or add guys who may be able to outplay the current roster players, just because he made a statement that he expected a rookie to be on the team? That would be an asinine way to approach the GM job.

Let's see what Armstrong does and react to his actual decisions, rather than trump up some misquoted statement from a year ago to hang him with.

Armstrong said Jaskin would have a job. I know what he said, so you don't need to try to explain it to me.

Armstrong has said a lot of things that get proven false immediately after. Try arguing with it, you'll be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Armstrong said Jaskin would have a job. I know what he said, so you don't need to try to explain it to me.

Armstrong has said a lot of things that get proven false immediately after. Try arguing with it, you'll be wrong.

You make it sound like he broke a promise. He was responding to an interview question, and when I reread the interview I still don't see anything inconsistent about what he said and how things played out. There is plenty for us to criticize from Armstrong, especially in the last two trade deadlines....but I don't get why you are latching on to this quote.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
You make it sound like he broke a promise. He was responding to an interview question, and when I reread the interview I still don't see anything inconsistent about what he said and how things played out. There is plenty for us to criticize from Armstrong, especially in the last two trade deadlines....but I don't get why you are latching on to this quote.
I didn't mean it like that. I'm just trying to prove a point that you should never take Armstrong's quotes seriously anymore. The Jaskin thing, how he was comfortable with Halak and Elliott before the Miller trade, how the Blues weren't going to do much at the trade deadline before making three trades, etc. I don't care because a lot of GMs do it, but I'm just saying that I expect the opposite of what he says now.

I just don't understand what Boston is doing. I guess it wasn't just Chiarelli's fault for moving Seguin.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I didn't mean it like that. I'm just trying to prove a point that you should never take Armstrong's quotes seriously anymore. The Jaskin thing, how he was comfortable with Halak and Elliott before the Miller trade, how the Blues weren't going to do much at the trade deadline before making three trades, etc. I don't care because a lot of GMs do it, but I'm just saying that I expect the opposite of what he says now.

I just don't understand what Boston is doing. I guess it wasn't just Chiarelli's fault for moving Seguin.

The spirit of Edmonton is moving east to rest on Boston. Blow it all up, trade everyone and start amassing picks for a young mess of a team.

I'm almost jealous. At least you can get excited about young players with potential who have never failed yet.

But no. Would be pretty happy with Krejci if the Blues trade Backes in another deal.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
would love to see a deal with oshie and jeff skinner involved in it

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Within the last couple weeks. I've been waiting for a Multimoodia comment but have yet to see one :laugh:

I'm absolutely terrified.

If they're mining the Blues board for talent this quickly that can only leave two possibilities for me.

1) I'm removed quietly one evening with as little fan-fare as possible, leaving everyone to at some random point in the future wonder what happened to ol'-what's-his-name

2) I get conscripted.

And honestly 2 scares me more than 1.

So, I gotta keep a low profile around here. Not make too many waves. Y'all whack jobs might try to feed me whatever it is that turns your names that blue/purple color and makes you take leave of your senses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad