Speculation: Trade Game

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Well, it is that time of year again - as we role down to the draft on Friday, I think we can all agree that this team is due for a shake up. (LIKELY THE ONLY TIME IN THE HISTORY OF THE BOARD THAT THE ENTIRE FAN BASE AGREES ON THIS).

So I figured, let have a little fun: In the 12 years I have been part of this board, I have seen a total of 1 trade called (where most of the assets moved on either team were called ahead of time by a poster).

You mission - should you chose to accept it is list the Player and team where the player will be traded to - along with the return. This Thread will self destruct on Saturday.

Good luck.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
To WSH: TJ Oshie, RFA rights to Magnus Paajarvi, #94 OA
To STL: Jakub Vrana, #22 OA

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Maybe if I had offered Vcash for the winner??

Here are my best and bad guesses.

Berglund is going to Phoenix

Return will be pick 33 and a 2nd in 2016 or Letunov

Oshie will be wearing a Detroit Redwings jersey - where he will promptly go on to win the cup.

Some combination of Tatar and Mantha/Bertuzzi.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I expect to be disappointed so.....

#1 Oshie to Boston for Eriksson and a small plus (3rd, 75)
#2 Berglund to Pittsburgh for Bluegar (or another mid tier forward prospect) and a 2016 3rd
#3 Rattie and 2015 2nd and 2016 3rd to Ottawa for Anderson
#4 After draft Elliott to Wild for bag of pucks and a snickers bar, he comes back to beat us in 1st round next year.

Edit: I forgot to mention, the Snickers bar in the 4th trade was an ice cream snickers bar, which has better value. However, it melted before we got it.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Patrik Berglund to EDM for a 3rd round pick this year and a 4th round pick next year

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Agree with the idea of Berglund to Arizona. Maybe for the 60th & 81st? Or Berglund & 56th for the the 32nd & 81st?

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Oshie and #56 for Andre Burakovsky and #22

Berglund for Gormley

Last edited:

anlongo13

Aug 6, 2014
Ottumwa, IA
Well, it's not necessarily what I want, but what I think might happen. I'd choose Pulkkinen over Mantha.

I agree. I think there could be a deal worked out based around Oshie and Pulkkinen. If Oshie is going, it really needs to be centered around an NHL ready prospect.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I hope I'm proven wrong, but I think some of you are going to be disappointed with what Oshie returns.

I'd be surprised if we targeted Pulkkinen. Very skilled, but he doesn't have the speed element that we've been lacking.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I hope I'm proven wrong, but I think some of you are going to be disappointed with what Oshie returns.

I'd be surprised if we targeted Pulkkinen. Very skilled, but he doesn't have the speed element that we've been lacking.

I hope we're also surprised at how easily his production is replaced/surpassed...but not so optimistic.

LUF

Mar 24, 2007
As much as I like Pulkkinen, picking him over Mantha is a little crazy... Except maybe if the sole purpose of the trade is this upcoming season.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

If that's the case, then Armstrong is basically cementing his status as an idiot. He should easily be able to extract good value from Oshie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad