Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fiala-Nylander-Kaprizov

What's the worst that could happen

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Can't see them going for it at the deadline then unless it's a guy with term that addresses a need

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Brodin for Nylander
Dumba for Domi
Staal for a 1st+
Buy out Dubnyk

Fiala - Nylander - Zuccarello
Parise - Domi - Kaprizov
Greenway - Eriksson Ek - Kunin
Foligno - Sturm - Hartman
Rask

Suter - Spurgeon
Soucy - Menell
Hunt - Pateryn

Kahkonen
Stalock

~$26M to re-sign Domi, Greenway, Kunin, Sturm, Soucy, Menell and Kahkonen.

Sturm, Menell and Kahkonen would all get ~$1M. Greenway, Kunin and Soucy would all get ~$3M. Which would leave $14M to re-sign Domi and maybe upgrade the 2nd goalie spot.

Three 1st round picks.

Protect: Fiala, Nylander, Zuccarello, Parise, Domi, Eriksson Ek and Kunin (expose Greenway)
Protect: Suter, Spurgeon and Soucy (expose Menell)

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Nylander would be good at center for us.

Fielder's choice of Dumba or Brodin, plus Greenway or Donato as a sweetener. But Leafs should throw back a D prospect.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
So piss off the new GM who , by the way, has a ring or 2 .......ooops 2 as a player and 2 in management for a total of 4
Piss off ownership and the young core players who the draft pick or player that would be coming back would help in the future.

Put his ass in the press box and let him retire from there and then he can go home to Finland and ask
Kimo Kimmomen how it felt to leave his team and win a cup
Whole lot of no fact there buddy.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So, we trade away our dmen so we can become like the Leafs? Only one of Dumba/Brodin should be traded, if any.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
So, we trade away our dmen so we can become like the Leafs? Only one of Dumba/Brodin should be traded, if any.

If only building around a top 5 defense in the league had ever won us anything of note at any point ever.

Maybe it's time to try a different formula.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Brodin for Nylander
Dumba for Domi
Staal for a 1st+
Buy out Dubnyk

Parise - Domi - Kaprizov
Rask

Suter - Spurgeon
Soucy - Menell
Hunt - Pateryn

Kahkonen
Stalock

Sturm, Menell and Kahkonen would all get ~$1M. Greenway, Kunin and Soucy would all get ~$3M. Which would leave $14M to re-sign Domi and maybe upgrade the 2nd goalie spot.

Three 1st round picks.

Protect: Fiala, Nylander, Zuccarello, Parise, Domi, Eriksson Ek and Kunin (expose Greenway)
That defense is 1 top pair injury away from disaster.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Brodin for Nylander
Dumba for Domi
Staal for a 1st+
Buy out Dubnyk

Parise - Domi - Kaprizov
Rask

Suter - Spurgeon
Soucy - Menell
Hunt - Pateryn

Kahkonen
Stalock

Three 1st round picks.

I like the picture even with different but similar players coming in. I'm not a Domi fan

Sturm, Menell are 750k-850k 1 way 2-3 year deals like Seeler signed maybe a little more for Sturm because he's a C
Kahk $1m
Greenway and Kunin $1.5 - 2.m 2 year bridge like JEE and Donato neither is remotely close to Fiala deal at $3m per year

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I like the picture even with different but similar players coming in. I'm not a Domi fan

Sturm, Menell are 750k-850k 1 way 2-3 year deals like Seeler signed maybe a little more for Sturm because he's a C
Kahk $1m
Greenway and Kunin $1.5 - 2.m 2 year bridge like JEE and Donato neither is remotely close to Fiala deal at $3m per year

Eriksson Ek signed after 16 and (pacing) 20 point seasons. Greenway and Kunin are on their way to the 35-40 range. They might not get to 3, but they’ll be closer to 3 than they will be to 1.5

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Leafs reeling.

Carolina damaged.

Vegas desperate.

Florida seeking.

I don't think Guerin is going to get a better price for Dumba or Brodin than in next 24ish hours.

Reactions: Mookie Blaylock

JP Flow

May 1, 2019
Out East
Leafs reeling.

Carolina damaged.

Vegas desperate.

Florida seeking.

I don't think Guerin is going to get a better price for Dumba or Brodin than in next 24ish hours.
Does feel like the stars are aligning in terms of the market. If any of those GMs feel like they’re capable of a run despite their injuries/circumstances, we may just see a special offer for one of those two.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You don't let short term injuries affect long term planning... Soucy being out should not be a factor in a defenseman trade.

That said, I agree, only 1 of the 2nd pair should be traded.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
So if you could trade one of Brodin/Dumba and the opposing team agrees as a base, how would you rank the below? All seem like they would be semi-available for the right price and all have some sort of deficiency.

Domi
Monahan
Nylander
Trocheck

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
So if you could trade one of Brodin/Dumba and the opposing team agrees as a base, how would you rank the below? All seem like they would be semi-available for the right price and all have some sort of deficiency.

Domi
Monahan
Nylander
Trocheck
For me, the list of those guys would go like this:
Monahan
Domi
Nylander
Trocheck

Reactions: fentonsbrainchild

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
For me, the list of those guys would go lime this:
Monahan
Domi
Nylander
Trocheck
Monahan would be the stand-out for me in terms of age, contract, history at center and production. How much his numbers are a product of Gaudreau seems like a valid question, but I think we could provide him with quality wingers.

The other three are about on the same level when you account for all of that. I know people get excited about Nylander, but as far as I know he's done all of his damage at RW and usually next to Auston Matthews. Of those three he seems least likely to pan out at center and would probably be the most expensive.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Monahan would be the stand-out for me in terms of age, contract, history at center and production. How much his numbers are a product of Gaudreau seems like a valid question, but I think we could provide him with quality wingers.

The other three are about on the same level when you account for all of that. I know people get excited about Nylander, but as far as I know he's done all of his damage at RW and usually next to Auston Matthews. Of those three he seems least likely to pan out at center and would probably be the most expensive.
I don't think Nylander is a real center either.

As for Monahan, Dumba last year could've gotten him, but I'd want to get more in a Dumba trade. He's got a rare skillset for this team that I don't want to lose - call me greedy. I don't think Brodin gets us in that conversation though. Thus, why I say Brodin for Trocheck or Domi.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Isn’t the knock on Monahan is that some believe he’s not a true center?

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013

Domi
Monahan
Nylander
Trocheck
Monahan
Trochek
Domi
Nylander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events