Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XLII

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Do you guys reckon Dumbas friendship with Kaprizov might cause Guerin to hesitate trading him?

Im guessing Kaprizov already understands it's a business but seeing one of the livelier guys in the locker room getting traded, a guy that had him over to watch world juniors at his place (my only evidence that they are close) maybe that would leave a bad taste in his mouth, which could lead to trickier contract negotiations
If Guerin is worried about that then this franchise is in big trouble.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
So, you guys are figuring that Zibanejad is worth about half of what Jason Zucker got? Seriously?

zucker was overpaid for given his current trajectory... zib is terrible this year and has a large contract. why would you give up more?

guy is a .68 ppg minus career player. thats had 2 good seasons

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
zucker was overpaid for given his current trajectory... zib is terrible this year and has a large contract. why would you give up more?

guy is a .68 ppg minus career player. thats had 2 good seasons
27 year old right handed center that scored 74 points 2 years ago then had 41 goals and 75 points in 57 games last year. But, you're thinking a 2nd + a small add because he's been a minus player spending his entire career in Ottawa and New York? You're not even close

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
27 year old right handed center that scored 74 points 2 years ago then had 41 goals and 75 points in 57 games last year. But, you're thinking a 2nd + a small add because he's been a minus player spending his entire career in Ottawa and New York? You're not even close

im fully aware what he did the last 2 years. also fully aware how bad hes been others. im not selling the farm for him... hes been bad this season. and even victor rask had a good season once. i wouldnt hate him coming here. but if we are putting out serious assets in a trade involving eichel, just get eichel.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Also concerned Kaprizov will get offer sheeted
Won't be eligible for an offer sheet this offseason.

Will be one of those rare RFAs that aren't eligible for an offer sheet because he doesn't have enough accrued seasons (known as 10.2(c) RFAs).

A player who signs their ELC at 23 like Kaprizov needs to accrue 2 NHL seasons before they can be offersheeted.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
im fully aware what he did the last 2 years. also fully aware how bad hes been others. im not selling the farm for him... hes been bad this season. and even victor rask had a good season once. i wouldnt hate him coming here. but if we are putting out serious assets in a trade involving eichel, just get eichel.
You do understand that a 2nd and a "B" prospect is about the value of guys like Bonino, Soucy, Foligno, and Hartman? Right?

Reactions: pfunk

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Yeah, but wouldn't one of the pieces they would offer for Eichel be Zibanejad?
In some cases he might be, but with Buffalo and Eichel in particular I don't think so. One way or another that trade would mean a major reset for the Sabres, and while I don't think they'll want to tear it down to the studs they'll probably have minimal interest in a guy that's likely to be one-and-done for them. The Rangers moving Zibanejad for futures would probably just give them more ammunition in a potential deal... though again, it's hard to see them actually doing that.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Won't be eligible for an offer sheet this offseason.

Will be one of those rare RFAs that aren't eligible for an offer sheet because he doesn't have enough accrued seasons (known as 10.2(c) RFAs).

A player who signs their ELC at 23 like Kaprizov needs to accrue 2 NHL seasons before they can be offersheeted.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Digitalbooya

kegstandbyme

Apr 12, 2010
Saint Paul, Minnesota
I don’t know if we post about potential waiver claims in here:

Going to take a guess here, one guy on waivers I could see Wild putting a claim in for is Dominik Simon. Bill Guerin is familiar with him, cheap cap hit, younger winger, speedy and he fits the kind of game we’re playing. We will know tomorrow. Other teams could be interested as well so might not make it to us.

Reactions: 57special

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
You do understand that a 2nd and a "B" prospect is about the value of guys like Bonino, Soucy, Foligno, and Hartman? Right?

i do, but i also realize we are essentially helping NY get eichel, and zib only has a year left on his contract in this scenario.. which means im not going to help them too much.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
i do, but i also realize we are essentially helping NY get eichel, and zib only has a year left on his contract in this scenario.. which means im not going to help them too much.
How does Eichel factor in at all? If Zibanejad is available at a fair price, you make the deal, who gives a shit what happens to New York or Buffalo?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Zibanejad has NMC and I can't imagine him going to Buffalo. But I do see him going to the Wild because of his connection with Zucc. The Rangers probably want prospects.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Still don't know why Monahan doesn't get more love as a potential solution here. three 30 goal seasons, two more with 27 goals. A couple years removed from ppg+ hockey. On pace for 59 points this year (per 82). He'd be a number one center in the sense that William Karlsson is.

Say we do him for something around Dumba, we get to keep our two firsts so Brackett can work his magic, and we have lines that look something like this next year:

Kaprizov-Monahan-Zuccarello
Greenway-Rossi-Fiala
Boldy-Ek-Hartman
Foligno-Sturm-Parise

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Addison
xxxx-xxxx

Reactions: JP Flow

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I don’t hate Monahan if we can go 7-3-1 in expansion. We probably lose Soucy to Seattle and enter next year with

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Menell
Cole/FA-Addison

Ideally we can find a RHS C but that is gonna much more difficult.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Still don't know why Monahan doesn't get more love as a potential solution here. three 30 goal seasons, two more with 27 goals. A couple years removed from ppg+ hockey. On pace for 59 points this year (per 82). He'd be a number one center in the sense that William Karlsson is.

Say we do him for something around Dumba, we get to keep our two firsts so Brackett can work his magic, and we have lines that look something like this next year:

Greenway-Rossi-Fiala
Boldy-Ek-Hartman
Foligno-Sturm-Parise

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Addison
xxxx-xxxx
I'm with you, because Monahan also has a decent contract. I just don't think(even if BG wants Monahan) that CAL needs a RHD all that much. They would want a top C prospect. trading Dumba and Rossi for Monahan would be a non starter, for me. Even Monahan and a 2021 1st would be a no go, though tempting.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Greenway-Rossi-Fiala
Boldy-Ek-Hartman
Foligno-Sturm-Parise

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Addison
xxxx-xxxx

Yeah but if Monahan is wearing 23 then Rossi can't. Checkmate.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I'm with you, because Monahan also has a decent contract. I just don't think(even if BG wants Monahan) that CAL needs a RHD all that much. They would want a top C prospect. trading Dumba and Rossi for Monahan would be a non starter, for me. Even Monahan and a 2021 1st would be a no go, though tempting.
What if it was dumba + khovanov?

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I'd definitely like Monahan here. Kid wins draws and scores goals. Would look stellar between KK97 and The Lizard.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Zibanejad has NMC and I can't imagine him going to Buffalo. But I do see him going to the Wild because of his connection with Zucc. The Rangers probably want prospects.
This may come as a shock to you, but not everyone is going to go out of their way to play with Zucc.

We could also wait until the season is over to sign Zib and not lose any assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad